Would you welcome Dez back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrumann59

Reaction score
For me I'm okay, although not excited, with bringing back Butler, and def over Dez, for several reasons.
1) Dez vastly overrated himself. At one time he was great, injuries took his explosiveness however and now teams don't bother to expend more than one defender on him to take him out of the game
2) meanwhile, Due to #1, Dez demands the ball even though he can't get any separation anymore. He was never a great route runner yet demands the ball.
3) because of #2, Dak forces throws to him at the expense of others which costs us wasted plays which we can not afford.
4) the tantrums
5) While Brice certainly doesn't terrify teams, he seemed to have some chemistry with Dak while also not making a scene when he didn't get the ball. Brice may not add anything more talent wise to our WR corps but Dak trusting him may be enough to warrant putting him on the field.
If Dak had said chemistry with Butler don't you think the QB would lobby to get him more passes. He has 31 receptions over 2 years with Dak as QB, so 1 catch a game average, that screams chemistry.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I guess i would pose this question another way !

Do you think this was a humbling experience for Dez regarding attitude behind the scenes ?

If he comes back i get to take my Dez jersey out retirement ! If he doesn't i have fond memories of him as a cowboy !

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really and it bewilders the mind of all the teams bringing in WR and hes not one of them.. look at Washington signing two new WR this week...you know what would be Ironic Dez now goes to Browns after releasing Josh :) I think right now we should develop what we have..In fact we are too deep already at WR as we arent a passing team..putting dez or true #1 who demands the ball would just be repeat of last year..Id like to see Gallup, Tavon, and Thompson develop more get more balls and use more misdirection with speed..i know we cant be an offense like KC but we can have our moments to use that as some showed up against NY, we need more of that.. you can see Bears trying to use it but not having all the talent is a waste if you have to dumb down the scheme until your QB and WR/RB all catch up.it is what Nagy meant, right? Dez or josh Gordon might be a waste of time until this offense decides to be aggressive and push the ball down the field regularly....the problem is SL and the talent we have is just against aggressiveness at this point..Im glad Watkins didnt sign here it would be wasted money..they barely use him in KC at that cost what was the point?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
With open arms?

Not only no, but hell no.

Is he working out like he should have when he was with the Cowboys before? He was always a hard worker.

Did he suddenly become a team player like he should have when he was with the Cowboys before? He was always a team player.

Did he lose his attitude like he should have when he was with the Cowboys before? You mean his passion?

Did he stop being a sideline cancer like he should have when he was with the Cowboys before? He was never a cancer.

Is he healthy? No reason to think otherwise.

There is a reason 31 other teams don't want him folks. This is a completely false statement.

Want to try again?

The Natural

Reaction score
The op asked if i would take Dez back. I said no and gave a reason. How should i give a reason if i not view myself as in the position to make such a decission, means as gm or owner.

But also for sure someone can be critical about others moral ways even if its not his money that is spent.

Btw if i think hard about your argument then in reality it is my money. As it is yours and others money. Or from what money do you think does JJ (or any other owner) pay players salaries ? From money he earned thru sold ticktest, merchandising and thru TV taxes that were paid by fans who watch the games. In the end thats all payed by you and me. So its my money and i gonna say my opinion regardless if you like it or not.

But a hint for your next post: try it with arguments and not offensive trash. You will find more people who are willing to talk to you.
No it isnt your money, you sound smart to somebody dumb.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I guess i would pose this question another way !

Do you think this was a humbling experience for Dez regarding attitude behind the scenes ?

Your employer fires you. You trash them publicly for it. Six months later they ask you to come back.

Are you going to feel humbled? Or would you feel like "Haha, suckers! You couldn't live without me!"

visionary

Reaction score
No
Why can't you guys learn from the fact that he is still unsigned
This guy is an over dated pin head
Get over it

Last edited:

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would. He actually cares about the success of this football team and franchise. We need more of that.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Your employer fires you. You trash them publicly for it. Six months later they ask you to come back.

Are you going to feel humbled? Or would you feel like "Haha, suckers! You couldn't live without me!"

For the record i am not saying bring him back !!!!

Honestly i am worried more about the dynamic in how the teammates he called out would look at this ! Would it destroy the chemistry this team seems to have ! Sean Lee would probably have a talk with him i would assume

If we were 0-2 maybe i could see dez saying that ----- 1-1 tied for first with a top 5 defense i think dez would be happy to be apart of this maybe just maybe he would change the attitude!

Just posing the question

ghst187

Reaction score
If Dak had said chemistry with Butler don't you think the QB would lobby to get him more passes. He has 31 receptions over 2 years with Dak as QB, so 1 catch a game average, that screams chemistry.

Dak was also forcing the ball to Dez instead of spreading it around like he did when Dez was out.

That stat doesn't quite tell the story, he didn't play every game, he missed the back end of last season. The other thing is that the receptions he made were downfield averaging over 13 yards per catch in 2016 and over 20 in 2017. The catches he did make were impactful. Hence why I said chemistry. I'm not saying he's some kind of gamebreaker or anything, in fact I'm not sure what he adds to our corps other than Dak seemed to connect with him for some big plays fairly regularly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dak was also forcing the ball to Dez instead of spreading it around like he did when Dez was out.

That stat doesn't quite tell the story, he didn't play every game, he missed the back end of last season. The other thing is that the receptions he made were downfield averaging over 13 yards per catch in 2016 and over 20 in 2017. The catches he did make were impactful. Hence why I said chemistry. I'm not saying he's some kind of gamebreaker or anything, in fact I'm not sure what he adds to our corps other than Dak seemed to connect with him for some big plays fairly regularly.

So impactful that he never got an opportunity... Again if his chemistry was so good with Dak, Dak would have gotten him the ball more, see Beasley 2016. He is 1 trick pony, he is the designated GO guy

ghst187

Reaction score
So impactful that he never got an opportunity... Again if his chemistry was so good with Dak, Dak would have gotten him the ball more, see Beasley 2016. He is 1 trick pony, he is the designated GO guy

Ha I don't disagree but that's one trick more than some of our other guys ha

Status
Not open for further replies.