would you welcome Owens if we traded for him

Henson7

Reaction score
Maybe the best receiver in the league, but how many would welcome him after all his antics with the dallas star. If Jerry could meet his financial needs would you be happy if we got him? One thing for sure I'll be happy if the Eagles trade him out of our division

Reaction score
no way does he deserve to don the star. he'll play for a year and want more money. this would be the only player i would boo even if he had a star on his helmet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Henson7 said:
Maybe the best receiver in the league, but how many would welcome him after all his antics with the dallas star. If Jerry could meet his financial needs would you be happy if we got him? One thing for sure I'll be happy if the Eagles trade him out of our division

No because we would have to deal with what the eagles currently are dealing after the season was over. A guy holding out after 1 season with a team is pathetic! I do not doubt his ability as a ball player but I have a lot of problem with the space between his ears.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
:banghead:

No!

NO! NO! NO!

GOD I HATE THIS KIND OF NONSENSE.

This isn't a video game. A person's "ability" is not the only important thing.

In case you haven't noticed, the guy is a little bit of a problem for his team.

Why the hell would you want a complete thug jerk like that on the team you support?

I'd rather lose every game of the year with people hard working and quiet people like Jason Witten and Dat Nyguen then go to the playoffs with scumbag, thug jerks like T.O. who are embarrassment to the sport and are impossible to cheer for.

Do you not recall all of the insulting things he has done to this franchise????

Henson7

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Traded WHO for him?
Just as a hypothetical. Next years first round and Ellis or keyshawn or whoever. I just want to know if dallas fans would cheer for him after all of his antics with the dallas star.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
darn. i'm all outta rotten eggs and tomatoes from the last "how 'bout if TO was a Cowboy?/should we trade for TO?"-thread.

TO :shoot3:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. I would not be in favor of ever signing Owens in Dallas. Owens does not strike me as a player that will ever be content with his situation. There will always be Drama, there will always be hold outs, there will always be contract issues.

I have no problem with players wanting to secure a future for themselves and there families. That is natural and even expected. I can not abide by a player demanding re-negotiation every year or two. That's counter productive to the team and I don't believe you build chemistry that way. Will eventually lead to discention amoung the team.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Henson7 said:

Actually...at this point I am hoping that he stays with the Iggles.

I really thought that he would be a huge distraction last year. But now it appears that I was 1 year to early on my expectation.

If TO is on the roster....then it will get ugly when this team faces its first adversity. They will crumble from within like ancient Rome.

McNabb is already having to deal with the questions that cropped up after the SB. And TO was one of the prime finger pointers after that loss.

Put yourself in McNabb's shoes. He had already lost a string of Championship games before that loss last year in the SB. So he was already carrying a lot of pressure to win. He was already hearing whispers about perhaps not being able to win the big game. (There is another great QB in Indy who is hearing the same voices) And anyone who does not think that losing those games has an impact is understimating the situation IMO. And he did have a subpar performance in the end of that game. Call it choking or being out of shape or whatever you want....but McNAbb did not come through in the clutch....and that is exactly what great QB's are remembered for. And to Top it all off.....Owen was one of the primary finger pointers. He all but placed the blame of the loss on McNabb.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that the Iggles would actually want him on the roster at this point. This is getting very ugly.

Chemistry is pretty important between the QB and the WR. And TO and McNabb are the antithesis of chemistry at this point.

Here stands a Cowboy fan that is very entertained by the current situation in Philly. And one that has his fingers crossed that TO will be on the Iggles roster this year.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
No. Initially, Deon Sanders, for me was very difficult to accept. You could multiply Deon by a factor of ten and still not be equal to baggage TO brings.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Henson7 said:
Just as a hypothetical. Next years first round and Ellis or keyshawn or whoever. I just want to know if dallas fans would cheer for him after all of his antics with the dallas star.

You know, the star incident is symptomatic of a bigger issue.

This isn't your everyday loudmouth egomaniac receiver.

I've been convinced for years the man is mentally ill

TO is unbelievably narcissistic. Remember the hissy fit he threw over having to wear shorts in practices in lieu of his form fitting tights? You would have thought he had been ordered into contact two a days in shells.

Last year I mentioned NFL Channel did one of those "In His Own Words" hours on TO, and the show left me amazed. For most of the sixty minutes, TO had no shirt on. To see Steve Sabol fully dressed in a formal indoor interview setting, and see TO standing up over him shirtless for the entire interview was a riot. It was just bizarre, as was the sculpture done for the show of his bare torso.

All his stunts, from the Star Spike to the Sharpie, are about LOOK AT ME, and go way beyond the average egoistic NFL receiver "me-ism". It isn't about getting the ball for this guy, but getting the eyeball - of the multitudes. Me firsters like Keyshawn can live with not getting the ball if they feel valued for other contributions. Hotheads like AB can be pacified half the time. Prima donnas like Moss can occasionally be persuaded to think of the team first. Drunks like Robinson can be dried out.

Exhibitionists like TO LIVE to be the center of attention. They care about NOTHING else.

He's far and away the best receiver in the game today, but he's also a real nut, imho. And fits to a T-O, the APA's diagnosis for both narcissists and exhibitionists.

Sick puppy.

No thanks.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Actually...at this point I am hoping that he stays with the Iggles.

I second that emotion.

TO will be in an iggles uni at some point during the season and will cause major locker room problems to get back at everyone in their organization he feels has wronged him. It will be a most bad situation for them, as everyone here predicted when they signed him.

Philly has been a pretty intelligent football organization for the past 6 years. I still shake my head at them signing TO in the first place.

TO coming to Dallas is not something I even worry about. No way in hell BP lets him anywhere near this team, other than being on the opposing teams sideline.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

TO is unbelievably narcissistic. Remember the hissy fit he threw over having to wear shorts in practices in lieu of his form fitting tights? You would have thought he had been ordered into contact two a days in shells.

Last year I mentioned NFL Channel did one of those "In His Own Words" hours on TO, and the show left me amazed. For most of the sixty minutes, TO had no shirt on. To see Steve Sabol fully dressed in a formal indoor interview setting, and see TO standing up over him shirtless for the entire interview was a riot. It was just bizarre, as was the sculpture done for the show of his bare torso.

All his stunts, from the Star Spike to the Sharpie, are about LOOK AT ME, and go way beyond the average egoistic NFL receiver "me-ism". It isn't about getting the ball for this guy, but getting the eyeball - of the multitudes. Me firsters like Keyshawn can live with not getting the ball if they feel valued for other contributions. Hotheads like AB can be pacified half the time. Prima donnas like Moss can occasionally be persuaded to think of the team first. Drunks like Robinson can be dried out.

Exhibitionists like TO LIVE to be the center of attention. They care about NOTHING else.

He's far and away the best receiver in the game today, but he's also a real nut, imho. And fits to a T-O, the APA's diagnosis for both narcissists and exhibitionists.

Sick puppy.

No thanks.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

2much2soon

Reaction score
I agree on the mental illness thing LT. I have felt the same way about him. A lot of pro athletes are pretty hung up on themselves but there is just something completely different about TO.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Sick puppy.

No thanks.

Darn good post!

I wouldn't trade our 7th round pick in the 3006 draft for him and hope he stays with Philly where he belongs.