would you welcome Owens if we traded for him

tyke1doe

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Darn good post!

I wouldn't trade our 7th round pick in the 3006 draft for him and hope he stays with Philly where he belongs.

If Terrell Owens is playing at his present level in a thousand years, me thinks trading our seventh round pick would be the, er, steal of civilization. ;)

Mike 1967

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
If Terrell Owens is playing at his present level in a thousand years, me thinks trading our seventh round pick would be the, er, steal of civilization. ;)

That brings up a thought.

Think about how cool it would be to be a fan in the distant future. Those fans will be able to spend thier off season watching recorded games from the previous century.

And history classes will be a lot more dynamic. Everything will be recorded coverage. :)

twa

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Randy Moss I think is a little bit insane in his own right. When Moss plays hard, he's a freak of nature, and I don't think TO has close to the talent that Moss does when he's not taking a game off.

The recurring theme here seems to be that the best receivers in the league are all egomaniacal headcases. Welcome to the NFL.

The rules have created these prima donas...Cut the defenders loose and let THEM teach some humility :eek:hboy:

jcollins28

Reaction score
Henson7 said:
Maybe the best receiver in the league, but how many would welcome him after all his antics with the dallas star. If Jerry could meet his financial needs would you be happy if we got him? One thing for sure I'll be happy if the Eagles trade him out of our division

Not no but a HELL no and what kind of a Cowboys fan would even consider this?
Not to flame you but this is a really reallt dumb question.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I think he is.

Moss has more raw talent, TO the more complete receiver.

Both will burn ya one times out of ten, but for TO, I must say this: he has worked very hard at his craft, and his ascendance is as much about will as it is about skill (and nuttiness).

Moss today is not what he could have been. TO is more than I suspect anyone would have suspected he would be.

I disagree, TO is NOT a complete receiver. In fact he is a terrible receiver who drops WAY too many passes. What he is is an outstanding runner once he has the ball.

I have always said that he would make a better RB than WR. I've also always said that he is an A-Hole in a class all by himself.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

It was for a future consideration. :)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Plain and simple...HELL NO!

I would not cheer for TO in a Cowboys uniform ever. I would cheer if he scored but it would be for the Qb who threw the pass and for the benefit of the team...NOT for TO. I would be totally disgusted every time I saw him with a star on his helmet.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
would you welcome Owens if we traded for him ?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henson7 said:
would you welcome Owens if we traded for him

NO. But I don't think it is an issue because JJ would NEVER pull the trigger on a deal like that.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I never welcomed Key or Neon Deion when they where signed so no I would not.

I hated Sanders even as a cowboy; I wanted him to produce so we could win but I hated seeing him prancin around waiting for punts etc etc and pulling up fake lame when Moss burned him on Thanksgiving (yes i have always thought he was jaking it on that game). I did not like him before he was a cowboy or after he was one.

Key is another; fine he is on the team when can we replace him with a younger guy. I worried about chemistry issues that Key could cause and I think he did cause some of them last year.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
You know, the star incident is symptomatic of a bigger issue.

This isn't your everyday loudmouth egomaniac receiver.

I've been convinced for years the man is mentally ill

Calling Dr. Howard, calling Dr. Fine. Calling Dr. Howard, calling Dr. Fine.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'd like to say "no I wouldn't accept him"...

But I also hated Deion's guts before Jerry signed him. Then I became a huge Deion fan.

Hypothetically speaking...if Owens were to come to the Cowboys for a few years, work hard, keep the distractions to a minimum, be satisfied with his contract, and help bring the Lombardi back to Dallas, I'd love the guy...and I bet a few other Dallas fans would too.

Obviously that would be a huge transformation and is extremely unlikely...so barring some miraculous change in personality, the answer is "no".

50cent

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I never welcomed Key or Neon Deion when they where signed so no I would not.

I hated Sanders even as a cowboy; I wanted him to produce so we could win but I hated seeing him prancin around waiting for punts etc etc and pulling up fake lame when Moss burned him on Thanksgiving (yes i have always thought he was jaking it on that game). I did not like him before he was a cowboy or after he was one.

Key is another; fine he is on the team when can we replace him with a younger guy. I worried about chemistry issues that Key could cause and I think he did cause some of them last year.
Yeah right, your a joke. You cheer against a guy that plays for your favorite team. You lie bad and nobody believes you!

50cent

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Plain and simple...HELL NO!

I would not cheer for TO in a Cowboys uniform ever. I would cheer if he scored but it would be for the Qb who threw the pass and for the benefit of the team...NOT for TO. I would be totally disgusted every time I saw him with a star on his helmet.
Yeah, you would just hate winnig a SB with TO in uniform. Go Cowboys, break a leg TO so you can't enjoy our SB victory. Your lame!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Henson7 said:
Maybe the best receiver in the league, but how many would welcome him after all his antics with the dallas star. If Jerry could meet his financial needs would you be happy if we got him? One thing for sure I'll be happy if the Eagles trade him out of our division

HELL NO!!!!!!!

ghst187

Reaction score
I would love to trade for him, get him under contract, and never let him suit up for a game, and just sit on him until he's too old to play football at a high level, which isn't that far away.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Hrm, let me contemplate for a sec...

NO, H3LL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, NO, to T.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Calling Dr. Howard, calling Dr. Fine. Calling Dr. Howard, calling Dr. Fine.
My favorite!

You got it, Jack

TO needs to be sedated by Mo Howard.