would you welcome Owens if we traded for him

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I wouldn't welcome TO to the Cowboys if he came for free with a sack full of White Castles. Are you kidding? Tom Landry would be spinning like a top in his grave if we did this. Heck No!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

Ditto that.

He's Antonio Bryant after watching Psycho.

He's a self absorbed Lyle Alzado.

He's Keyshawn Johnson with a lobotomy.

He's the anti-Marvin Harrison.

He's Romonowski squared.

He's a nutcase who thinks he's worth much more to a team than he really is.

He ridicules his own teammates.

He acts bi-polar... no, worse than that... tri-polar.

Sybil would say, "Damn, T.O.'s got some issues!"

In his world, TO reighn's supreme and everyone and everything else takes a backseat... Teammates, Fans, Team... Hell, even the game of football, which is sacred to most of us.

He doesn't belong on the Dallas Cowboys. He doesn't belong in the same helment that Michael Irvin wore. That Drew Pearson wore. That Tony Hill wore.

Keep his sorry butt out of Valley Ranch. Standing on the star is as close as he'll ever come to being a part of this sacred franchise.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Far and away better than Moss? No.
I think he is.

Moss has more raw talent, TO the more complete receiver.

Both will burn ya one times out of ten, but for TO, I must say this: he has worked very hard at his craft, and his ascendance is as much about will as it is about skill (and nuttiness).

Moss today is not what he could have been. TO is more than I suspect anyone would have suspected he would be.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'd welcome his performance. In fact, at first, I'd likely be very excited because of that. But I'd never really warm to him, more than likely, because of his attitude, and I'd expect things to turn sour rather quickly. So, I'd rather not see him here.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I wouldn't want either one of those "ME" only players.Football is a TEAM sport.If you want to be an individual,go play tennis.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
You know, the star incident is symptomatic of a bigger issue.

This isn't your everyday loudmouth egomaniac receiver.

I've been convinced for years the man is mentally ill

TO is unbelievably narcissistic. Remember the hissy fit he threw over having to wear shorts in practices in lieu of his form fitting tights? You would have thought he had been ordered into contact two a days in shells.

Last year I mentioned NFL Channel did one of those "In His Own Words" hours on TO, and the show left me amazed. For most of the sixty minutes, TO had no shirt on. To see Steve Sabol fully dressed in a formal indoor interview setting, and see TO standing up over him shirtless for the entire interview was a riot. It was just bizarre, as was the sculpture done for the show of his bare torso.

All his stunts, from the Star Spike to the Sharpie, are about LOOK AT ME, and go way beyond the average egoistic NFL receiver "me-ism". It isn't about getting the ball for this guy, but getting the eyeball - of the multitudes. Me firsters like Keyshawn can live with not getting the ball if they feel valued for other contributions. Hotheads like AB can be pacified half the time. Prima donnas like Moss can occasionally be persuaded to think of the team first. Drunks like Robinson can be dried out.

Exhibitionists like TO LIVE to be the center of attention. They care about NOTHING else.

He's far and away the best receiver in the game today, but he's also a real nut, imho. And fits to a T-O, the APA's diagnosis for both narcissists and exhibitionists.

Sick puppy.

No thanks.

Nomination for POST OF THE DAY! Very well thought out LaTunaNostra. Keep em coming.

:starspin

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
http://i15.***BLOCKED***/albums/a353/cwbyfan72/talkthethehand.jpg

How could you restrain the defense for givin it to em in TC? Absolutely NOT!!

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Not just no, but H*LL NO!!!!!!

I think I'd rather have Joe Theisman as our starting QB at this time instead of that jabroni.

Someone said Ellis and a pick(?) for TO? I'd rather trade Ellis for Joey Porter! That's if we were to trade Ellis, but let's not go down that road again.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Henson7 said:
Maybe the best receiver in the league, but how many would welcome him after all his antics with the dallas star. If Jerry could meet his financial needs would you be happy if we got him? One thing for sure I'll be happy if the Eagles trade him out of our division

No way my friend..... T.O. tore his azz with any real Cowboy fans when he disrespected the franchise not only once but twice on our home field. As good as he is....I would not want him on my team. Anywhere but here.

T.O is that you? :disseags:

dwmyers

Reaction score
The only way I would want to have anything to do with TO is if we could trade him immediately to the Washington Commanders for, I dunno, Lavar Arrington, or maybe half their offensive line.

David

Kilyin

Reaction score
Randy Moss I think is a little bit insane in his own right. When Moss plays hard, he's a freak of nature, and I don't think TO has close to the talent that Moss does when he's not taking a game off.

The recurring theme here seems to be that the best receivers in the league are all egomaniacal headcases. Welcome to the NFL.