Wouldn't it be cool

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
if instead of all players pointing to the sky after TDs, even just one pointed downward because he was a Satanist?

I mean, it used to be just a handful who pointed up now it seems 3/4 do it, even McCown today did, thanking Jesus for his TD pass (on offensive pass interference I might add). It is quite tedious and it would be nice if a player spiced it by thanking Satan.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I know a guy who when he did that was not thanking God, but was thanking his Father who taught him how to play and had passed away that year.

I don't mind shows of devotion. I wish it stayed out of the interviews because I feel that turns people off.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I think it was Jeff Hostetler that pointed up to his father.
I didn't play with Jeff Hostetler. He probably did do that though. I don't remember.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I didn't play with Jeff Hostetler. He probably did do that though. I don't remember.

I didn't know you meant a guy you played with, you jsut said a guy you knew. Anyway, I have your point.

Roughneck

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
if instead of all players pointing to the sky after TDs, even just one pointed downward because he was a Satanist?

I mean, it used to be just a handful who pointed up now it seems 3/4 do it, even McCown today did, thanking Jesus for his TD pass (on offensive pass interference I might add). It is quite tedious and it would be nice if a player spiced it by thanking Satan.
Once again proving that Canadians (Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, CanadianCowboysFan, etc.) are pure evil.

;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I didn't know you meant a guy you played with, you jsut said a guy you knew. Anyway, I have your point.
yeah my bad. I didn't make it very clear.

ghst187

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
QUOTE]

um no, not really, ...definitely not. :eek: :angryno:

Satan wouldn't even want that. He'd want the players to bring attention to themselves, that's how he operates.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
CanadianCowboysFan said:
QUOTE]

um no, not really, ...definitely not. :eek: :angryno:

Satan wouldn't even want that. He'd want the players to bring attention to themselves, that's how he operates.

Do you mean TO? lol :starspin

Dallas22

Reaction score
Well, it makes sense... Players "pray" before a game to god to perform well and win the game. Unfortunately for the 2 teams, one will lose and the other will win (unless of a tie of course), so that means that one teams prayers WERE NOT answered. See the illogical and irrational point of praying, thanking "god" or religion in general. It is ALL coincidence, plain and simple.

Religion, god and all of the rest of those mystical superstitions SHOULD ALWAYS stay out of public displays because this crazy belief in a "god" is something, that if you ACTUALLY believe, should stay in the privacy in your own home. Don't try and pollute, dumb-down or brainwash my children or my society with this religion-Santa Claus farce.

Just my opinion... but Satan, god, Santa Claus, the easter bunny and all that mess needs to stay out of the public.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22

TonyS

Reaction score
Dallas22 said:
Well, it makes sense... Players "pray" before a game to god to perform well and win the game. Unfortunately for the 2 teams, one will lose and the other will win (unless of a tie of course), so that means that one teams prayers WERE NOT answered. See the illogical and irrational point of praying, thanking "god" or religion in general. It is ALL coincidence, plain and simple.

Religion, god and all of the rest of those mystical superstitions SHOULD ALWAYS stay out of public displays because this crazy belief in a "god" is something, that if you ACTUALLY believe, should stay in the privacy in your own home. Don't try and pollute, dumb-down or brainwash my children or my society with this religion-Santa Claus farce.

Just my opinion... but Satan, god, Santa Claus, the easter bunny and all that mess needs to stay out of the public.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22

I'll be praying for you. :D