Wow, Larry Brown and the legendary Brad Sham Rips T.O.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477669 said:
Any insight as to why he would do that?

B/c Parcells is a complicated guy whom you have no idea what's going on in his head?

He's notorious for playing and manipulating the media. And he's also notorious for calling out and insulting his players(i.e. Terry "She" Glenn).

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2477674 said:
but that's just the thing. why do we even have to worry about a wr having a tantrum? we shouldn't and like I said before if Garrett was a better OC/not so pass happy and if Romo was a better qb we would be better off without the guy.

Don't you remember the 2nd Skins game where Garrett pounded the rock?

Honestly-I think Garrett's problem is that he's not patient with the run. If it isn't working, he'll stubbornly stick with the pass. In the 2nd Skins game, for example, he stuck with the run b/c it was working. I don't think it has anything to do with TO.

Marktui

Reaction score
Rampage;2475216 said:
I'm no T.O. defender but how is the 1st pick his fault? there was 3 guys around Owens.

I agree on this one, Romo tried to drop that pass around 3 defenders and on top of that, he overthrew the pass which Polomalau picked.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2477674 said:
but that's just the thing. why do we even have to worry about a wr having a tantrum? we shouldn't and like I said before if Garrett was a better OC/not so pass happy and if Romo was a better qb we would be better off without the guy.

Nobody makes you worry. That's your choice. There's no need to worry about that than worrying about an injury. If it happens, he's gone.

I didn't want him here AT ALL. Bit decided that once he was here, I would give him the benefit of the doubt and not buy into the media crap. But if he "blew up", I'd be the first to want to be rid of him. He's done nothing to mess that up EXCEPT pair himself with Tony to be the most prolific TD tandem.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
As helpful and non-accusatory in defeat as always.

http://img444.*************/img444/7333/ch21sundec72008064525pmdk6.jpg

Boysboy

Reaction score
5Countem5;2477683 said:
Nobody makes you worry. That's your choice. There's no need to worry about that than worrying about an injury. If it happens, he's gone.

I didn't want him here AT ALL. Bit decided that once he was here, I would give him the benefit of the doubt and not buy into the media crap. But if he "blew up", I'd be the first to want to be rid of him. He's done nothing to mess that up EXCEPT pair himself with Tony to be the most prolific TD tandem.

Same here, the minute ESPN reported that day over his signing here, I just crapped the bad.

The fact that I'm DEFENDING him NOW says ALOT.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2477670 said:
Then why bring it up Fatcells BS?

Let me ask, what is TO's practice reputation? Does he practice hard or not?

Simple enough.

No idea, I live on the East Coast, on the Ocean. I couldn't be farther away from training camp. Maybe you attend training camp. He sure did great sit ups in his driveway. Some guys around here the other day were gushing over his body (ewww) and people do say he practices hard.

So according to YOU I should believe that. But according to YOU I shouldn't believe his other reputation.

So in a nut shell I don't care what you think, you want every one to think one way. The good news, then when it's bad news it's BS.

I have stated several times, he can be a great player. I just don't like what I see in most of his interviews. At least I can admit he can be a great player.
You can't admit he needs to shut up most of the time. Boys Boy gets it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2477679 said:
Don't you remember the 2nd Skins game where Garrett pounded the rock?

Honestly-I think Garrett's problem is that he's not patient with the run. If it isn't working, he'll stubbornly stick with the pass. In the 2nd Skins game, for example, he stuck with the run b/c it was working. I don't think it has anything to do with TO.
yeah i remember it. it was 1 game. he's still a bum. I think he has too many weapons and doesn't know what to do with them. plus Jerry invested so much money into the passing game it's expected. I'd prefer a running offense and a good defense. but Jerry always wants to be flashy and all that crap.

Marktui;2477680 said:
I agree on this one, Romo tried to drop that pass around 3 defenders and on top of that, he overthrew the pass which Polomalau picked.
I was wrong. watch it again he slowed down during his route.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477677 said:
B/c Parcells is a complicated guy whom you have no idea what's going on in his head?

He's notorious for playing and manipulating the media. And he's also notorious for calling out and insulting his players(i.e. Terry "She" Glenn).

And he is/was also notorious for no player being bigger than the team.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477689 said:
No idea, I live on the East Coast, on the Ocean. I couldn't be farther away from training camp. Maybe you attend training camp. He sure did great sit ups in his driveway. Some guys around here the other day were gushing over his body (ewww) and people do say he practices hard.

So according to YOU I should believe that. But according to YOU I shouldn't believe his other reputation.

So in a nut shell I don't care what you think, you want every one to think one way. The good news, then when it's bad news it's BS.

I have stated several times, he can be a great player. I just don't like what I see in most of his interviews. At least I can admit he can be a great player.

Good point, I tend to believe the media when they say something good about someone they spend most of their time trying to bash. If they say something good about someone they really hate, I just figure it must be REAL good.

Our main differences is in the damage we think words can do. I think it is silly to think the things he says matters and will tear the team apart or distract them. I think the players are much tougher and smarter than that and you don't. Words are words and only have power when you give it to them.

You know it would be silly to let my words affect but yet you feel the players will let Jerry's and TO's words bother them. A little arrogant, don't you think?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477696 said:
And he is/was also notorious for no player being bigger than the team.

Well like Rampage said-he regretted it afterwards.

BTW-if you also remember correctly, Meshawn ran bad routes, was lazy on routes, cursed at coaches and players, had the bad case of butterfingers AND fumbilities, clashed with Todd Haley, but en yet, Parcells didn't do a darn thing.

No player being bigger than the team? Dunno about that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477689 said:

The only reason why I'm hesitant to kick him off this team is b/c of having seen the Giants offense w/o even an M.I.A. Burress, it just gives me second thoughts of how our offense would look like w/o even an M.I.A. Owens.

But we both agreed that Coughlin and his staff will likely get this fixed prior to the playoffs. But OTOH-Coughlin did everything to put up with his antics, especially in TC when he would pout and fake injuries to avoid practicing.

Like I said-I'm still on the fence.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2477699 said:
Good point, I tend to believe the media when they say something good about someone they spend most of their time trying to bash. If they say something good about someone they really hate, I just figure it must be REAL good.

Our main differences is in the damage we think words can do. I think it is silly to think the things he says matters and will tear the team apart or distract them. I think the players are much tougher and smarter than that and you don't. Words are words and only have power when you give it to them.

You know it would be silly to let my words affect but yet you feel the players will let Jerry's and TO's words bother them. A little arrogant, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

No I don't. You have young players that see this guy or ANY player running his lip, and guess what? Some are dumb enough to try and emulate it.
See Antonio Bryant.

You have teenage players watching this guy do his act and guess what? They think it's cool and they want to have that attitude.

I have a ton of reasons why I dislike the idiot part of owens.
I'm very old school when it comes to athletes.

I hated the fact that Irvin would do such stupid things, knowing my own son
looked up to the Cowboys. I bashed him just as bad.
last night you asked me what Irvin thought of owens. I could care less because he was just as big, no check that, He was a bigger idiot.

He was just a better teammate ON the field. He and Aikman had a great relationship. owens IS a me guy. He's thrown two QBs under the bus.

What makes you think he won't do it again? I don't know if he will or not but I do know he has twice.

Boysboy

Reaction score
5Countem5;2477699 said:

You know it would be silly to let my words affect but yet you feel the players will let Jerry's and TO's words bother them. A little arrogant, don't you think?

I predict TO will respond to all this in a POSITIVE manner next week and have a BIG game.

Sound OK?:)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477724 said:
5Countem5;2477699 said:

You know it would be silly to let my words affect but yet you feel the players will let Jerry's and TO's words bother them. A little arrogant, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

No I don't. You have young players that see this guy or ANY player running his lip, and guess what? Some are dumb enough to try and emulate it.
See Antonio Bryant.

You have teenage players watching this guy do his act and guess what? They think it's cool and they want to have that attitude.

I have a ton of reasons why I dislike the idiot part of owens.
I'm very old school when it comes to athletes.

I hated the fact that Irvin would do such stupid things, knowing my own son
looked up to the Cowboys. I bashed him just as bad.
last night you asked me what Irvin thought of owens. I could care less because he was just as big, no check that, He was a bigger idiot.

He was just a better teammate ON the field. He and Aikman had a great relationship. owens IS a me guy. He's thrown two QBs under the bus.

What makes you think he won't do it again? I don't know if he will or not but I do know he has twice.

I don't know if he will or not but I refuse to hate him on the CHANCE he will. If he does, let's cut his butt. But until then I'm gonna enjoy watching his talent.

I think he cares more about winning than any player on this team. Does he want it for the team or for his legacy? Don't know, don't care- I enjoy the fire that we haven't seen for a while.

Use him while he is producing and worth it -and when he isn't, move on. Enjoy the in between.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477711 said:
Well like Rampage said-he regretted it afterwards.

BTW-if you also remember correctly, Meshawn ran bad routes, was lazy on routes, cursed at coaches and players, had the bad case of butterfingers AND fumbilities, clashed with Todd Haley, but en yet, Parcells didn't do a darn thing.

No player being bigger than the team? Dunno about that.

I think Parcells had different relationships with different players.
Glenn loved Parcells.
Key loved Parcells. Players like them respected Parcells. I doubt they got away with any thing. I just think certain players were dealt with behind closed doors rather than in public.
Jimmy Johnson loved certain players and let them get away with way more than any one else.

Some times that's just how it is.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477738 said:
I think Parcells had different relationships with different players.
Glenn loved Parcells.
Key loved Parcells. Players like them respected Parcells. I doubt they got away with any thing. I just think certain players were dealt with behind closed doors rather than in public.
Jimmy Johnson loved certain players and let them get away with way more than any one else.

Some times that's just how it is.

Makes sense-ultimately, it's how players respond to coaches(not vice versa). TO, I guess, just never respected Parcells' style of play, while Key did despite all his fussing.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2477737 said:
Dave_in-NC;2477724 said:
I don't know if he will or not but I refuse to hate him on the CHANCE he will. If he does, let's cut his butt. But until then I'm gonna enjoy watching his talent.

I think he cares more about winning than any player on this team. Does he want it for the team or for his legacy? Don't know, don't care- I enjoy the fire that we haven't seen for a while.

Use him while he is producing and worth it -and when he isn't, move on. Enjoy the in between.

I can respect that. Honestly, I don't take this game half as serious as I used to.
The players are just different than when I became addicted to the game.

I'm a huge Hockey fan. There is a great player named Saun Avery,(don't know if you watch hockey or not) He is the NHL's version of owens.
He just says stupid things but he scores goals, fights and gets under the other teams skin. Every thing you want in a hockey player.

He gets huge money and is now getting bounced from team to team because his own teammates are getting tired of him quickly. Hockey coaches are all tough birds, owens wouldn't make one interview and be on that team to make the next.

When we signed him I hated it. Then he stayed quiet so I started to think just maybe this might work. Then at the first sign of trouble there he was on TV doing his me act. I have no reason to believe he won't get worse. Little by little he is IMOP.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2477770 said:
5Countem5;2477737 said:
I can respect that. Honestly, I don't take this game half as serious as I used to.
The players are just different than when I became addicted to the game.

I'm a huge Hockey fan. There is a great player named Saun Avery,(don't know if you watch hockey or not) He is the NHL's version of owens.
He just says stupid things but he scores goals, fights and gets under the other teams skin. Every thing you want in a hockey player.

He gets huge money and is now getting bounced from team to team because his own teammates are getting tired of him quickly. Hockey coaches are all tough birds, owens wouldn't make one interview and be on that team to make the next.

When we signed him I hated it. Then he stayed quiet so I started to think just maybe this might work. Then at the first sign of trouble there he was on TV doing his me act. I have no reason to believe he won't get worse. Little by little he is IMOP.

I hated signing Avery too but decided the same thing as with Owens. I thought this latest was funnier than it was serious. For a league that lets refs watch player fights, getting on Avery for dissing an ex-girlfriend seems a little stupid. But your point is taken.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477720 said:
The only reason why I'm hesitant to kick him off this team is b/c of having seen the Giants offense w/o even an M.I.A. Burress, it just gives me second thoughts of how our offense would look like w/o even an M.I.A. Owens.

But we both agreed that Coughlin and his staff will likely get this fixed prior to the playoffs. But OTOH-Coughlin did everything to put up with his antics, especially in TC when he would pout and fake injuries to avoid practicing.

Like I said-I'm still on the fence.

All I have to say is NO player is bigger than TEAM in football because you will never win a NFL championship!