Wow Vince Young on PTI

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
We really have no idea about henson...seriously, 2 games? Im not sayin im for him but we really dont know. I wanna watch him in Europe

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DeathToTheSkinS said:
We really have no idea about henson...seriously, 2 games? Im not sayin im for him but we really dont know. I wanna watch him in Europe

Yeah, this is true. I dont hate the guy, but I think he digressed this year. During one of the Preseason Pregame interviews, Jerry shared my view as far as expecting him to compete a little bit more. Not with Bledsoe obviously, but with Romo.

Yeah Yeah, I know Romo started higher on the depth chart last year and Henson eventually moved passed him and got time during turkey day and against the Ravens.

But I just expected a little more out of him, but I am not saying the guy is a bust, I am just ready to move on at that little position and start drafting dudes like the Colts, Falcons, Rams, Patriots, Eagles, Bears, Jaguars, Steelers, Giants, Chargers.. etc etc etc....

- Mike G.

DipChit

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Would be nice if the Cowboys would draft Vincent Young. A Texas Native who has nothing but upside at the Quarterback position.

If he progresses like he did last year as a passer, then the sky is the limit for this kid.

We get him in here under Sean Peyton and let him do wonders like he did for Quincy Carter (and dont lie Quincy played much better in 03 then he ever had in the past)....

Just out of curiousity, Mike, what makes you say that about Carter? Not that it matters since it's history now.. but was it just something you think you "saw".. since the stats didnt bear it out.

His TD/Int ratio was better in '02 than '03. His yards per attempt was higher in 02 also. His completion percentage did go up 1 point in 03 though.

Point being his numbers were about the same, and he looked about the same..at least to me. Obviously the team as a whole did better because it was better coached. I imagine he coulda played another 10 years and his numbers woulda still been about the same.

I also Imagine Young might be a little better than that although I dont see him turning into the next "franchise" guy for anyone.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Minnesota? I think they will stick with Culpepper...
We'll see. Personally, I'll be surprised if Culpepper is walking without a limp at this time NEXT year.

I still haven't seen ANYONE tear their ACL, MCL, and PCL and come out of it even 75% of what they were.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Why would anyone want Vince Young? He is a poor man's version of Michael Vick and while Vick is one of the better QB's in the league, he is clearly not developed into a passer. There are at least 5 QB's that I would rather have than Michael VIck.

Both Young and Vick are too athletically gifted to adopt the pocket passer mentality. Ideally, it would be great to have a QB who stands in the pocket and surveys the field first before running but as we have seen with Michael Vick, that's never the case. The last true great passers that could run when he had to was Steve Young and Randall Cuningham (early 90's). Neither Young or Vick are half the passers Steve Young and Randall Cuningham were.

John Elway.............

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DipChit said:
Just out of curiousity, Mike, what makes you say that about Carter? Not that it matters since it's history now.. but was it just something you think you "saw".. since the stats didnt bear it out.

His TD/Int ratio was better in '02 than '03. His yards per attempt was higher in 02 also. His completion percentage did go up 1 point in 03 though.

Point being his numbers were about the same, and he looked about the same..at least to me. Obviously the team as a whole did better because it was better coached. I imagine he coulda played another 10 years and his numbers woulda still been about the same.

I also Imagine Young might be a little better than that although I dont see him turning into the next "franchise" guy for anyone.

I typically dont look at stats of Cowboys players unless it is someone I never saw play....

Out of the 3 years Quincy Carter was with Dallas, his best was in 2003. Who cares who's fault it was, Quincy, Parcells, easy schedule, defense yada yada yada. Not a very good quarterback by any stretch of the imagination but of the 3 years he spared us to death, 2003 was his best as far as results, which is all that matters to.

What I "think" I saw... :banghead:

- Mike G.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
I should have been more clear as to what I meant. I consider Vince Young more of a runner than DC, but running, to me, is all DC can do. He has proven that w/o Moss his accuracy has dropped to the level of Drew Henson's........I think that if a new coach his hired in Minny, its not impossible that he'll clean house. Depending on how DC's rehab goes, and how he does in mini-camps, he could be let go if he sustains the terrible production that he had b4 he went down..........My main point was to say that Vince wont frop all the way to us with as many teams that have terrible records this year, someone will draft him!! Minny may have been a shot in the dark, but they were one of the first bad teams that came to mind, not to mention they are 4-0 with Brad Johnson starting, but neway......

I saw Culpepper have a great 2004 season. Moss sat out 3 games that year and wasn't used in 2 others where he caught 0 passes in both. Culpepper is a good QB.

The whole Vikings team started out horribly this season. Injuries, suspensions, bad coaching all contributed as well as bad play by Culpepper himself. He was still completing 64.4 % of his passes this season, which is also his career completion percentage.

I would gladly take Culpepperon my team even with him having to come back from his injuries.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
marz512 said:
Uhhh, sorry but Hitta is a Aggie fan....
icon14.gif
, and you know what they do with those thumbs...
Oh well, thought I had a chance to rub it in since OU had been dominating us for awhile until this year...thanks for the catch though... :D

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Oh you mean the Texas Vs Texas Game?

When you are competing for a title for 2-3 years and constantly losing players and members of the coaching staff to the pros or other programs (OU lost 12 players to the draft) then your bound to suck for a little while until you rebuild.

OU fans better hope their "down" years dont last as long as they did when Blake was coaching.
John Blake....now that brings back memories. What did he ever do in Dallas as D-Line coach to warrant the head OU job besides being an ex-player? Wonder what he's up to now? :confused: