Wow Vince Young on PTI

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
I hope to God you are wrong, I dont think he is anyones future, JMO!!

You hope to God he is wrong about Henson becoming a good QB and being the future of the Cowboys? I thought we all wanted whats best for the Cowboys

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
We need a deep threat at WR.

I hope he comes out.
Any team that puts Young at WR rather than QB would be friggin retarted. Wait...maybe he will got to Minnesota.

hh8604

Reaction score
I hope to god the boys dont get him...I know I dont have to worry cuz parcells would never mess with him...he's the next cordell stewart

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Why would anyone want Vince Young? He is a poor man's version of Michael Vick and while Vick is one of the better QB's in the league, he is clearly not developed into a passer. There are at least 5 QB's that I would rather have than Michael VIck.

Both Young and Vick are too athletically gifted to adopt the pocket passer mentality. Ideally, it would be great to have a QB who stands in the pocket and surveys the field first before running but as we have seen with Michael Vick, that's never the case. The last true great passers that could run when he had to was Steve Young and Randall Cuningham (early 90's). Neither Young or Vick are half the passers Steve Young and Randall Cuningham were.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Besides, Vince Young has Dennis Green and the Arizona Cardinals written all over him. You know Dennis Green would love to bring him there.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
You consider Culpepper a running QB, but not Young. That is interesting.

I should have been more clear as to what I meant. I consider Vince Young more of a runner than DC, but running, to me, is all DC can do. He has proven that w/o Moss his accuracy has dropped to the level of Drew Henson's........I think that if a new coach his hired in Minny, its not impossible that he'll clean house. Depending on how DC's rehab goes, and how he does in mini-camps, he could be let go if he sustains the terrible production that he had b4 he went down..........My main point was to say that Vince wont frop all the way to us with as many teams that have terrible records this year, someone will draft him!! Minny may have been a shot in the dark, but they were one of the first bad teams that came to mind, not to mention they are 4-0 with Brad Johnson starting, but neway......

dallasblue05

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Why would anyone want Vince Young? He is a poor man's version of Michael Vick and while Vick is one of the better QB's in the league, he is clearly not developed into a passer. There are at least 5 QB's that I would rather have than Michael VIck.

Both Young and Vick are too athletically gifted to adopt the pocket passer mentality. Ideally, it would be great to have a QB who stands in the pocket and surveys the field first before running but as we have seen with Michael Vick, that's never the case. The last true great passers that could run when he had to was Steve Young and Randall Cuningham (early 90's). Neither Young or Vick are half the passers Steve Young and Randall Cuningham were.

I completely disagree!! While you're correct with the comparrion, Young is much more of a passer today than Vick has ever been, he's got a big arm, and is accurate in any direction.........I've seen him be the pocket passer, and I've seen him take over with his legs, I would take Vince Young in a heartbeat.

Hiero

Reaction score
ya he wasnt the greatest speaker, but he did get into a really bad car accident when he was like 7 that may have something to do with the way he speaks. I dontreally care as long as he makes big plays,gets first downs, scores td's and doesnt make too many stupid int's.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hiero said:
Wow they asked him if he was planning to come out, he said " IIIIIIIIIIIII dont know yeeeeeet" then changed the subject to trying to have great memories this year, and it actually looks like he had changed his earlier stance of staying for his senior year. Sounds like Vince Young could definitely be coming out this year.
They asked him if he would like to play for the houston texans and he said he would like to play for the hometown team. not that I think the texans will take him, but it really looked like he had already made the decision in his head that he was gonna declare. Wouldlove this guy playing for the other hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys, especially since he would not have to start right away. :starspin

Look Vince may be a great College QB as a Pro prospect as a QB he sucks please his throwing motion is way to sidearm his foot work needs tons of work he has a tendacy to kind of shotput some of his throws. His release is way to slow and longIf he does get drafted as a QB he will have to re do his throwing motion to an overhand throw; work on his release etc etc.

Vince should not even me mention in the same breath as Leinart when it comes to Pro QB prospect in fact I would say Leinart and Brady Quinn are way better than Vince.

Vince is overrated as a PRO Prospect period end of story

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I don't want Young nor do I want Henson. Schaub (from atlanta) or don't shoot but Harrington.

Harrington? At least Henson has some chance of being a NFL QB. Harrington has already proven he can't be.

Schaub is going to cost a first round pick at least.

My guess is that Bill hangs with Drew, for better or worse, until he hangs it up. Maybe a later round guy to develop, but not a first rounder. I guess that goes to OL, LB or maybe WR.

We all should be hoping Romo or Henson show they can be an option because it makes the road forward much smoother.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
IMO.....Vince Young will not make a very good pro QB. He cannot make the throws or reads required to be a great NFL QB!

I do not want Vince Young.

Hiero

Reaction score
Very doubtful that he ends up with the cowboys, however, it does mean a good player from another position may fall to us at the very least. He could play WR in the NFL although I don't see him allowing that to happen.

jay cee

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
IMO.....Vince Young will not make a very good pro QB. He cannot make the throws or reads required to be a great NFL QB!

I do not want Vince Young.
How do you know he can't make the proper reads CC? What have you seen to make you come to that conclusion?

I can understand his terrible throwing mechanics will be a hindrance to becoming a decent NFL QB, but I personally have not seen evidence that he lacks ability to make the correct reads.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Charles said:
Vince Young a Cowboy.......... Its not happening Drew Henson is our future.

I hope you're right becaue that would mean that Henson can actually play. If we send him to NFL Europe, it might just be the end of him though.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
That man rivals Jamal Charles for the title of "Most illegible english"
Texas 45
Oklahoma 12

Bob Poops and Rhett Booomar; yeah, the dynasty is dead..... :D

marz512

Reaction score
5mics said:
Texas 45
Oklahoma 12

Uhhh, sorry but Hitta is a Aggie fan....
icon14.gif
, and you know what they do with those thumbs...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Would be nice if the Cowboys would draft Vincent Young. A Texas Native who has nothing but upside at the Quarterback position.

If he progresses like he did last year as a passer, then the sky is the limit for this kid.

Just ask Ohio State, a team that has about 2-4 future pros on their squad about Vince Young as a passer and a scrambler.

We get him in here under Sean Peyton and let him do wonders like he did for Quincy Carter (and dont lie Quincy played much better in 03 then he ever had in the past) and Kerry Collins (mainly confidence). Work on his feet and throwing motion like everyone's favorite ex-baseball player Drew Henson. Study under Drew Bledsoe so he can see how the game is suppose to be played and roll em out in 2007.

Joey Harrington over Vince Young...good gawd, I have had my laugh for the day...and I needed one too :eek:

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
5mics said:
Texas 45
Oklahoma 12

Oh you mean the Texas Vs Texas Game?

When you are competing for a title for 2-3 years and constantly losing players and members of the coaching staff to the pros or other programs (OU lost 12 players to the draft) then your bound to suck for a little while until you rebuild.

OU fans better hope their "down" years dont last as long as they did when Blake was coaching.