Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
At the PC... It almost looked like Parcells. First Todd Archer asked him if he could possibly activate another RB if Barber is questionable after he'd already answered the question, and Wade says, "What did I just say?"

And then someone (I think Calvin Watkins?) asked about practicing inside, and Wade tersely said (paraphrasing), "Because that's what I decided. You want to coach the team?" Then Watkins said something back, and Wade said something like, "Yeah, I bet that would be great." :eek: Then just shook his head with disgust like, "I can't believe these guys."

Also, he said Alan Ball was working some at safety with Watkins out. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Ball is rangy and fast, and although he's skinny, he's never been afraid to tackle.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It was pretty great today.

Watkins and those guys have no respect for phillips. I am not sure why watkins feels so entitled. he is a real rick with a P.

Wade told him I would love to see that!!

he also said henry wasnt working at safety I think, they just glazed over that fast.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont think the media should be allowed to ride a coach or a player or anyone per their agenda.

Next Question!! ;)

Word Mofo

Reaction score
The Dallas media is a joke these days. Let me count the ways:
  1. T.O. is washed up (right before he has a career day - good job JJT)
  2. Romo is not a pro-bowler (while he is the highest rated passer and Clarence Hill says he could be league MVP)
  3. I don't even count anything from JFE or Galloway.
Care to add any?

Section446

Reaction score
Word Mofo;2459728 said:
The Dallas media is a joke these days. Let me count the ways:
  1. T.O. is washed up (right before he has a career day - good job JJT)
  2. Romo is not a pro-bowler (while he is the highest rated passer and Clarence Hill says he could be league MVP)
  3. I don't even count anything from JFE or Galloway.
Care to add any?
Nope, the only good media in Dallas comes from The Ticket.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ball at safety? Hmmm. That might work..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Cowboys haven't added another RB. Only 2 RBs on the roster is playing it too close, unless Cricket can play HB.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459691 said:
At the PC... It almost looked like Parcells. First Todd Archer asked him if he could possibly activate another RB if Barber is questionable after he'd already answered the question, and Wade says, "What did I just say?"

And then someone (I think Calvin Watkins?) asked about practicing inside, and Wade tersely said (paraphrasing), "Because that's what I decided. You want to coach the team?" Then Watkins said something back, and Wade said something like, "Yeah, I bet that would be great." :eek: Then just shook his head with disgust like, "I can't believe these guys."

Also, he said Alan Ball was working some at safety with Watkins out. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Ball is rangy and fast, and although he's skinny, he's never been afraid to tackle.

Compared to Watty he's the Fridge............. :D

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
That is just disrespectful... Sad to have people bashing someone when they are trying their best, is not like Wade is not trying to do his work and win games.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
djtavo;2459742 said:
That is just disrespectful... Sad to have people bashing someone when they are trying their best, is not like Wade is not trying to do his work and win games.

the thing is with me. I would be willing to bet after seeing so many local people become national espn employees or other national outlets that watkins, hill etc are as abrasive as they are because they would love to get out of here and be an espn guy.

Watkins is like that for sure. When he is on with laufenberg he loves to talk about NY and his jets. And he is always the biggest rick with a p when Dale Hansen is not around.

This has been going on all year. the training camp opening press conference which was meant to be fun and put in a fun setting before the hard work started, was a disaster. they jumped wade from the first question.

Hansen, galloway, hill, watkins...They were all their to crucify wade for the playoff loss that day.

And after the next loss they will attack him for this now.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I side with the team and not with the media. I am glad more people are putting media in their place, first TO's "Next Question" and now Wade being less patient.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
December 3, 2008
Wade Phillips' press conference ends on uncomfortable note
4:29 PM Wed, Dec 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Wade Phillips and a reporter who will remain anonymous (until folks rip him in the comments section) had an awkward conversation at the end of today's press conference. The reporter asked whether the five veterans who sat out today's practice will do so again tomorrow.

Wade answered with sarcasm dripping, "No, we're going to give them off until Sunday."

Reporter: "Well, how much rest do they need? They were off the whole weekend."

Wade: "OK, well, why don't you coach them then?"

Reporter: "Maybe so. I might be in the playoffs by now."

Wade, with a death stare: "Yeah, I'd like to see that."

The reporter kissed Wade's rear during the walk back to the coaches' office, and everything is hunky-dory again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2459696 said:
he also said henry wasnt working at safety I think, they just glazed over that fast.

DMN is speculating that Henry is moving in the pass defense sub units, to the role they had thought about using him on in TC/Preseason. To more of a FS type role. Wade said the return of Adam Jones wasnt going to affect the PT of Scandrick, who was still going to play the slot CB. That means Newman and Jones will be outside, so Henry is either not going to be on the field then at all or is moving to a safety type position.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2459754 said:
DMN is speculating that Henry is moving in the pass defense sub units, to the role they had thought about using him on in TC/Preseason. To more of a FS type role. Wade said the return of Adam Jones wasnt going to affect the PT of Scandrick, who was still going to play the slot CB. That means Newman and Jones will be outside, so Henry is either not going to be on the field then at all or is moving to a safety type position.

But he said this week, anyway, Pacman would just be in sub packages...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I heard this exchange on the way home and Wade Phillips wasn't pissed to me.

Randy Galloway was hyping it as some big rant by Wade Phillips and nothing could be further from the truth.

He was definately making a point, but he definately wasn't pissed based on the audio I just heard on Galloway and Company.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2459756 said:
I heard this exchange on the way home and Wade Phillips wasn't pissed to me.

Randy Galloway was hyping it as some big rant by Wade Phillips and nothing could be further from the truth.

He was definately making a point, but he definately wasn't pissed based on the audio I just heard on Galloway and Company.

Watching the video on DC.com, I think he looked pissed.

Skin

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459758 said:
Watching the video on DC.com, I think he looked pissed.

He was absolutely pissed or doing a very good impression.