Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2459828 said:
I enjoyed that. He needs to get pissy more often.

I agree, maybe he does behind closed doors.

On another note, what kind of unprofessional bafoon says, "Maybe I'd be in the playoffs by now"? Are you a reporter or are you working for the tabloids?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
satam55;2459866 said:
Why are y'all defending Wade Phillips? He is a joke of a head Coach!

The cowboys didn't even practice today, it was just butt grabbing session going on today in the indoor facility as described by some of the local media.

Lets get this straight you get your reports on practice from the media

the same media that IS NOT ALLOWED to watch practice?

Smart thinking

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
TheCount;2459880 said:
On another note, what kind of unprofessional bafoon says, "Maybe I'd be in the playoffs by now"? Are you a reporter or are you working for the tabloids?
In Dallas, what's the difference?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459691 said:
At the PC... It almost looked like Parcells. First Todd Archer asked him if he could possibly activate another RB if Barber is questionable after he'd already answered the question, and Wade says, "What did I just say?"

And then someone (I think Calvin Watkins?) asked about practicing inside, and Wade tersely said (paraphrasing), "Because that's what I decided. You want to coach the team?" Then Watkins said something back, and Wade said something like, "Yeah, I bet that would be great." :eek: Then just shook his head with disgust like, "I can't believe these guys."

Also, he said Alan Ball was working some at safety with Watkins out. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Ball is rangy and fast, and although he's skinny, he's never been afraid to tackle.

Ball will stick his neck out there, you're absolutely right. Scandrick too, although Scandrick sometimes loses his focus out there. He usually makes up for it tenfold with a huge tackle.

Good for Wade -- it's about time Wade took charge of the media and doesn't let the media take charge of our team!

:star: LET'S GO COWBOYS! :star:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
TheCount;2459880 said:

Unfortunately, the media now is largely a massive blogosphere. Professional media died about 3 to 4 years ago.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
maybe Wade isn't such a bad coach after all...

whatever the case may be, he finally seems to have fire in his belly and has pulled his head out of his ***

WG5516

Reaction score
Does anyone have any videos of Bill Parcells press conferences? LOL

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2459925 said:
maybe Wade isn't such a bad coach after all...

whatever the case may be, he finally seems to have fire in his belly and has pulled his head out of his ***
This almost confirms the theory that if we were 6-6 or 7-5, but Wade had better press conferences, he'd have a bigger fanbase here.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;2459880 said:

That was CLEARLY a "mean spirited" shot at Wade and his lack of success in playoffs.

I dont care if you are a HC that has lost 30 straight playoff games... you(reporter) dont do that.

If I was standing next to that guy I would have said something to him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2459943 said:
That was CLEARLY a "mean spirited" shot at Wade and his lack of success in playoffs.

I dont care if you are a HC that has lost 30 straight playoff games... you(reporter) dont do that.

If I was standing next to that guy I would have said something to him.
I agree. That was totally disrespectful, not to mention ignorant. Anyone who thinks Wade Phillips has an easy job is totally clueless.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2459940 said:
This almost confirms the theory that if we were 6-6 or 7-5, but Wade had better press conferences, he'd have a bigger fanbase here.

I don't know about that

people like results, or at least a coach who acts like he's on top of things

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2459976 said:
I don't know about that

- people like results, or at least
- a coach who acts like he's on top of things

- Yes and..
- Yes

... and we werent seeing that... so the complaining was warranted.

Eskimo

Reaction score
That was a pretty disrespectful thing to say to a head coach who has a career record here of 21-7 (20-5 with Romo). I don't always agree with all of Wade's decisions as I think he is a bit too loyal to the vets at times (the same can be said of many coaches), but it is laughable for anyone to think any reporter (or any of us) could coach the team better than him.

Anyhow, I love the job he has done with the defense and I like the idea of getting Ball ready to play safety - he will give us some more coverage ability and is a willing tackler.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Wade should've told him how they've all grown a pair since the last coach left town.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2460023 said:
That was a pretty disrespectful thing to say to a head coach who has a career record here of 21-7 (20-5 with Romo). I don't always agree with all of Wade's decisions as I think he is a bit too loyal to the vets at times (the same can be said of many coaches), but it is laughable for anyone to think any reporter (or any of us) could coach the team better than him.

Anyhow, I love the job he has done with the defense and I like the idea of getting Ball ready to play safety - he will give us some more coverage ability and is a willing tackler.

Well said.

Wood

Reaction score
Eskimo;2460023 said:

Wade is on the verge of not making/winning a playoff game in Dallas after inheriting the most talented team any coach in Cowboy history has walked into.

newlander

Reaction score
Yo Mick: just keep posting until your heart's content as I NEVER get sick of that picture of Halle Berry. I swear it's perfection............

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
newlander;2460174 said:
Yo Mick: just keep posting until your heart's content as I NEVER get sick of that picture of Halle Berry. I swear it's perfection............
+1, but can Yo Mick simply keep Oprah's name in print and get rid of her pic???