Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459758 said:
Watching the video on DC.com, I think he looked pissed.

ditto. It didn't look like he was to thrilled about some of the questions.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2459769 said:
ditto. It didn't look like he was to thrilled about some of the questions.

i would have been too most of the questions were the same questions just turned around.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What do we know about the safety Battle we just picked up?

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
theebs;2459747 said:
the thing is with me. I would be willing to bet after seeing so many local people become national espn employees or other national outlets that watkins, hill etc are as abrasive as they are because they would love to get out of here and be an espn guy.

Watkins is like that for sure. When he is on with laufenberg he loves to talk about NY and his jets. And he is always the biggest rick with a p when Dale Hansen is not around.

This has been going on all year. the training camp opening press conference which was meant to be fun and put in a fun setting before the hard work started, was a disaster. they jumped wade from the first question.

Hansen, galloway, hill, watkins...They were all their to crucify wade for the playoff loss that day.

And after the next loss they will attack him for this now.

I know exactly what u mean bro . .

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I have not watched it, yet. I'm going to watch. Oh, yeah. I'm watching that clip. Way to stick up for yourself, Wade.

This is what the Dallas media is good at. They like to create drama. Now, Watkins is on the "big silver screen".

Can Jerry and Bill work together?

Can Bill make the playoffs?

Will Jerry fire Bill if he doesn't win a playoff game?

Will Jerry fire Bill if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs?

Will T.O. make Jerry fire Bill?

Is Wade a puppet?

Will Jerry fire Wade and hire Garrett if Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl?

Can Wade and Garrett work together?

Jerry should fire Wade after losing to the Rams.

They keep wanting the coach to be fired, so they can "look smart".

The problem is this. They have rigged the game.

Wood

Reaction score
its bad when the media has no respect for the HC. That was apparent today. When Calvin basically said if he was the coach the cowboys would already be in the playoffs by now...wade face was of disbelief...but you just get the sense that Wade is just too sensative for the job in Dallas. Wade just come off as if he is avoiding something....his face is always looking down and the guy just lacks that aura of confidence. After watching Wade PC this season...I am not even a little bit shocked this team almost broke in half when things got tough.

ndanger

Reaction score
I missed Albert Breer before he got out of city limits. Damn shame to see him go. He was about as good as it gets in my opinion. It's a freakin' shame a city the size of Dallas that has every major sport except Extreme Knitting has to have probably the worst sports journalists of any city in the nation. SAD! :mad:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2459754 said:
DMN is speculating that Henry is moving in the pass defense sub units, to the role they had thought about using him on in TC/Preseason. To more of a FS type role. Wade said the return of Adam Jones wasnt going to affect the PT of Scandrick, who was still going to play the slot CB. That means Newman and Jones will be outside, so Henry is either not going to be on the field then at all or is moving to a safety type position.

I doubt that. Henry and TNew will start and Henry may move to cover the TE some with AJ playing the corner but in sub packages.

Chocolate Lab;2459755 said:
But he said this week, anyway, Pacman would just be in sub packages...

Agreed. They may move him to a starting CB position during the game but I wouldn't bet on that. He'll start in sub packages but that is still a lot of snaps.

Wood;2459797 said:
its bad when the media has no respect for the HC. That was apparent today. When Calvin basically said if he was the coach the cowboys would already be in the playoffs by now...wade face was of disbelief...but you just get the sense that Wade is just too sensative for the job in Dallas. Wade just come off as if he is avoiding something....his face is always looking down and the guy just lacks that aura of confidence. After watching Wade PC this season...I am not even a little bit shocked this team almost broke in half when things got tough.

I sure wouldn't base the hiring and firing of a HC in the NFL based on how they handle the press. I think you're right. Wade is a sensitive guy. That kind of thing can be a good thing. I don't preceive his not being a hard case as a reflection on the heart of this team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wood;2459797 said:

Hard Knocks showed to my satisfaction that he's not that way with the team. IMO he just hates doing the media sessions because he knows nothing good comes of them. Last year he seemed to enjoy them, but this year he's gone more into a shell as everything he's done has been criticized.

Sometimes I wonder if people would prefer the job Jack Del Rio has done this year. His team has underachieved horribly, but darn it, he looks and talks like a football coach!

But Wade might as well be a jerk to these guys. Why not? He's tried being friendly with them, and all they do is trash everything he does anyway.

Givincer

Reaction score
jobberone;2459831 said:
That was big from Wade but that would be nothing from ole Bill.

Yeah, Bill would've probably said the same thing, just sharper, and with an even more hateful stare. Perhaps he would've had more to say on top of "I'd like to see that" as well. :laugh2:

Bill was so entertaining. The combativeness was very good for the press conferences. It kept reporters on their heels.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Wade with an attitude is nice. Should show it more often. And who is to say he doesn't?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Skin;2459767 said:
He was absolutely pissed or doing a very good impression.

DIg the Av...............Tolbert?

satam55

Reaction score
Why are y'all defending Wade Phillips? He is a joke of a head Coach!

The cowboys didn't even practice today, it was just butt grabbing session going on today in the indoor facility as described by some of the local media.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Givincer;2459835 said:
Yeah, Bill would've probably said the same thing, just sharper, and with an even more hateful stare. Perhaps he would've had more to say on top of "I'd like to see that" as well. :laugh2:

Bill was so entertaining. The combativeness was very good for the press conferences. It kept reporters on their heels.

I so miss his press conferences.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
satam55;2459866 said:
Why are y'all defending Wade Phillips? He is a joke of a head Coach!

The cowboys didn't even practice today, it was just butt grabbing session going on today in the indoor facility as described by some of the local media.

:rolleyes: