Wow what happened to Romo? that was pathetic

tyke1doe

Reaction score
LOL!

I guess Romo was never suppose to have a bad day. :rolleyes:

What the Saints did:

1. They settled the game down when we jumped out 7 to 0.

2. They jumped ahead of us.

3. They kept the ball and utilized all of their weapons and their role players.

4. Defensively, they blanketed our receivers. I was amazed at how much lack of separation TO got on many pass plays.

5. They rushed their ends up field, keeping Romo in the pocket.

6. They bull rushed up the middle not allow Romo to have time to step up in the pocket.

There is not another team in the NFC that will beat us like the Saints because ...

1. They don't have the quarterback as patient and as smart as Brees and

2. They don't have the weapons that New Orleans does.

The Cowboys were worried about Bush, which allowed Mike Karney to destroy them with three TDs.

Then when we made DeMarcus Ware a pass rusher, Reggie Bush snuck behind him, caught the ball and was off to the races. Not too many defenders are going to catch/match Reggie Bush in the open.

The key to beating New Orleans is to jump out in front of them and force them to dink and dunk down the field. The only problem with the Cowboys' strategy is we didn't capitalize on our lead by getting up by 7.

We abandoned our strategy pretty early.

It will be interesting to see how we play the Saints again, if we play them again in the playoffs.

Reaction score
chinch;1224263 said:
his coaches failed him by abandoning the run in which we were STAMPEEDING them. really dumb.

even madden said they were putting too much on romo (as he threw the int/TD to owens). Tuna should know better.

NE/Brady got shutout 21-0 today.... stuff happens.

The Cowboys did a dumb thing by going out and trying to throw the ball so much....

Gaede

Reaction score
Catch-22;1224294 said:
I'd hope he'd throw deep every play down 25 in the 4th quarter, but that's just me

nah, it wasn't working til that point-it's just rushing it

you gotta be patient and pick your spots. can't get it all in one play all the time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1224326 said:
The Cowboys did a dumb thing by going out and trying to throw the ball so much....

I agree. Seems like the coaching staff - despite its warnings to the contrary - was eating the Romo cheese too.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1224350 said:
I agree. Seems like the coaching staff - despite its warnings to the contrary - was eating the Romo cheese too.
or maybe preparing humble pie.... now that the O/players got "their way" for a while Tuna can throttle them back and play ball controll thru the playoffs.

still i don't like the play calling today (or last week for that matter in the first 3 qrs) but Tuna coaches a 16 game season as a chess match.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Cowboykid90;1224353 said:
anyone one else besides me think our safties had a horrible game

...scary for the safeties because they had to come up and cover for the screens that were busting wide open for the Saints.

Made me think of that song..."clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!" With that said there were some poor plays contributed by the safeties also, but not completely their fault.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Cowboykid90;1224255 said:
major wake up call for dallas!!

Yep!!! And we'll be just fine.. This beatdown is gonna help us far more then it hurts us...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
tsumma;1224216 said:
Romo played like crap no butts about it, do we need to worry about him?

yes, he did. and we've been waiting for a game like this so we can see how he adjusts. did you think he could only be successful if he won 100% of the time?

like others have said - damn trolls now gotta go knee jerkin for reactions.

Kobal

Reaction score
Cowboykid90;1224353 said:
anyone one else besides me think our safties had a horrible game

Oh yeah. I'm with you. Our safties limited what our defense can do on the field. :(

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Romo would have had to play out of his mind to keep us in this game. If he tanks next Saturday, then you can worry. That said, a little less hype would be nice.

Reaction score
Well it took kurt warner 3 years to go from Super Stud to Super DUD with a wack finger..

Too bad for us Tony wont make it to end of December

Give me brady quinn

http://img465.*************/img465/816/bradyquinn4px.jpg

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Romo was pathetic and hopefully he is able to rebound next week with a much better gameplan than just dropping back and throwing 100 times especially when the run game was so good but for some retarted reason got away from it

Natedawg44

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1224473 said:
Well it took kurt warner 3 years to go from Super Stud to Super DUD with a wack finger..

Too bad for us Tony wont make it to end of December

Give me brady quinn

http://img465.*************/img465/816/bradyquinn4px.jpg

Ah yes the appearance of the gayest picture on the internet. That caps off the night.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1224289 said:
The offensive line play was bad, they rushed 4 most of the game and still had people chasing our QB.

I knew the Saints getting back Will Smith would not be a good thing for the Cowboys OL. Flozell snoozes again... Kosier got pushed around tonight right beside him also.:mad:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo sucked, but if you ask me, our defense played like the worse defense in the league. Either that, or New Orleans has a superior offense and are completely unstoppable unless they face teams with real defenses like the Ravens and San Diego.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;1224392 said:
Yep!!! And we'll be just fine.. This beatdown is gonna help us far more then it hurts us...

Has there ever been a Super Bowl champ (or even a runner-up) that has had their butts handed to them like the Cowboys did tonight?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Jammer;1224682 said:
Has there ever been a Super Bowl champ (or even a runner-up) that has had their butts handed to them like the Cowboys did tonight?
PLEASE MAKE IT STOP :)

ps - we lost alot of games with Troy & Co when we won 3 rings.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
chinch;1224720 said:
PLEASE MAKE IT STOP :)

ps - we lost alot of games with Troy & Co when we won 3 rings.

Losing a game is one thing, but to lose by this much??? Again, I ask, what Super Bowl champ (or runnerup) has ever lost a game by 25 or more points during the regular season?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Jammer;1224751 said:
Losing a game is one thing, but to lose by this much??? Again, I ask, what Super Bowl champ (or runnerup) has ever lost a game by 25 or more points during the regular season?
past history is irreleveant. so is 25 points vs 2 points... BUT we've been throttled before with a "dynasty" team (24 point margin).

10/5/1992 L 7-31 @ Philadelphia
9/6/1992 L 16-35 @ Washington
11/12/1995 L 20-38 San Francisco

we also lost 2 in Dec in '95