CFZ WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants

Rodney308

Reaction score
99% of this forum knows what the problem is, and let me say it is not Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Schultz, and soon to be Hilton. You other 1% can ponder over what you think it is all you would like.

Correct! It's the GM!

Ken

Reaction score
Talent wise the Giants had more pure talent at WR to start the season. Injuries, poor qb play and bad attitudes wrecked their WR unit.
Disagree.

They have no one even close to Ceedee Lamb's talent.

Therefore, they never had more talent.

Ken

Reaction score
two boneheaded decisions may have doomed our season.giving a big contract to Gallup when he clearly is not ready even now and cutting Amari Cooper.
They traded cooper.

He hasn't exactly lit it up either. More of the same unremarkable from him this year as he was the last two years here.

Sure, better than our current #2 but not worth the price tag at all.

Ken

Reaction score
Because we run the ball incredibly well, Lamb is good, our QB helps mask some of the deficiencies and the NFC is awful.

Things like this usually show up against good defenses and in the playoffs.
We ran the ball really well in the first 6 weeks too but our offense in every major category was toward the bottom of the league.

Robster8989

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

Good post man, thanks for taking the time to write it.
I love posts that contain actual analysis.
Too often this board becomes a Dak sucks/Dak rules debate.

I agree with your points, and here is some additional comments.

Lamb is terrific, highly talented. Still, he needs to improve his route running, and of course the dropsies.
More needs to scheme getting him the ball in space more. In the Jags game, we ran this little up and in with him over the middle, a quick hitter where Dak got him the ball fast. CD turned and ran and turned it into a big play. He is best in space like that, but Moore seems to not scheme it as often as he should. His is lightning in YAC. (I'd second this for Pollard. They are our 2 real playmakers). We need to get them the ball in space better and more often.

Gallup is worrying me a little. I think we brought him back too soon, but I would have hoped that by now he's be flashing at least some of his original potential. And you're right, he doesn't seem able to get any separation. It's worrisome. Hopefully and off season and full training camp and he'll be back. No other choice really but to wait it out and pray.

Brown I would agree, is a 4 ideally. Solid player. I love his size and his contributions on STs.
In today's NFL you have really 3 starting WRs. And your #4 is a lot like a #3 from 20 years ago (a guy who plays a lot).
I HATED the Cooper trade. Enough had been argued about that so I won't add to that. I just felt we went from one of the top WRs groups to one of the worst. And getting back to the Dak arguement, Dak needs everything firing on all cylinders to be suceessful, as he is no Mahomes.

I think if you had Lamb, Cooper, Gallup, Brown and then a burner like Washington or Hilton, you'd have something really special. And Brown and the burner could have stepped up to #3 while Gallup was getting fully healthy.

morat1959

Reaction score
Correct! The GM position.

True but a QB can cover up more within an organization than any other position. You gotta hit on the right guy. My vote is the kid out of NC if he keeps developing. Dak’s contact will be up by then and I’m hoping JJ doesn’t extend Dak. JJ ain’t going nowhere. Let’s just hope when he’s gone his son hires a real GM and let’s him have it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good post man, thanks for taking the time to write it.
I love posts that contain actual analysis.
Too often this board becomes a Dak sucks/Dak rules debate.

I agree with your points, and here is some additional comments.

Lamb is terrific, highly talented. Still, he needs to improve his route running, and of course the dropsies.
More needs to scheme getting him the ball in space more. In the Jags game, we ran this little up and in with him over the middle, a quick hitter where Dak got him the ball fast. CD turned and ran and turned it into a big play. He is best in space like that, but Moore seems to not scheme it as often as he should. His is lightning in YAC. (I'd second this for Pollard. They are our 2 real playmakers). We need to get them the ball in space better and more often.

Gallup is worrying me a little. I think we brought him back too soon, but I would have hoped that by now he's be flashing at least some of his original potential. And you're right, he doesn't seem able to get any separation. It's worrisome. Hopefully and off season and full training camp and he'll be back. No other choice really but to wait it out and pray.

Brown I would agree, is a 4 ideally. Solid player. I love his size and his contributions on STs.
In today's NFL you have really 3 starting WRs. And your #4 is a lot like a #3 from 20 years ago (a guy who plays a lot).
I HATED the Cooper trade. Enough had been argued about that so I won't add to that. I just felt we went from one of the top WRs groups to one of the worst. And getting back to the Dak arguement, Dak needs everything firing on all cylinders to be suceessful, as he is no Mahomes.

I think if you had Lamb, Cooper, Gallup, Brown and then a burner like Washington or Hilton, you'd have something really special. And Brown and the burner could have stepped up to #3 while Gallup was getting fully healthy.
XWalker made a good point that we usually get production out of our 4/5th receiver, where we are getting little to nothing. Also, Gallup is being paid like a 2, but his production is no where near that, more of a 3 at best

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
These threads are hilarious. Last year we had so much WR talent and half this board wnated to trade it away. Now the cupboard is bare and what did we get in return for the loss of talent? Not a darn thing.

I do think that Gallup will return to form but coming off surgery takes time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I saw a post on Twitter that said Tolbert is the first WR we’ve drafted in like 20 years that ran a sub 4.5 40 at the combine.

I 100% understand that speed isn’t the end all be all for being a good WR but goodness gracious…would it kill is to draft someone that can run?

kskboys

Reaction score
I saw a post on Twitter that said Tolbert is the first WR we’ve drafted in like 20 years that ran a sub 4.5 40 at the combine.

I 100% understand that speed isn’t the end all be all for being a good WR but goodness gracious…would it kill is to draft someone that can run?
Ain't that the truth!!! We are just so obsessed w/ size and flash. Man, just get us a mid round route runner or a speedy dude

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth!!! We are just so obsessed w/ size and flash. Man, just get us a mid round route runner or a speedy dude

Tolbert actually fits that to a tee…he’s just off to a rocky start. Hopefully he develops bc I love his potential.