WR looks to be a disaster

Proof

Reaction score
Amari Cooper didn't want to take a paycut. He left the Cowboys no option but to try to trade him before cutting his overpaid contract and losing him with no compensation in return.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Amari for choosing money over the team.

this is silly lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well yes, but the jury's still out on whether part of the problem is KM being over complicated and over thinking ways of getting receivers open.

If you told me I had to put money on it i'd say that stats indicate Dak's not comfortable (or confident) in throwing into coverage and KM over compensates to devise decoys to open up the WR3/4 and TE. It could be that Dak doesn't even look WR1 or 2 a lot of the plays and this would support the WR by designed committee rather than a go to guy.
It's an excellent point and topic.

Is Moore bad...or does he need to do certain things to mask his QBs shortcomings that make him look bad?

Is it better that Moore was once his backup and buddy...or should Dak maybe be challenged by a new voice?

What exactly is 'offensive guru and analytics extroidanire' MMs role in all this?

Sounds to me like a mishmosh of garbage put together by a GM that would rather rely on hope and loyalty because he isnt at all qualified to make the right moves to improve.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remember 2018 before the Cooper trade? That's when the front office thought we would be fine with a bunch of JAGS. Little did they know, assembling a bunch of JAGS can't replace a true #1 receiver. Now, we don't seem to have a #1 on the roster again and just like 2018 the front office doesn't seem to care.

Lamb and Gallup are jags LMAO put down the pipe.:facepalm:
umm name those wrs and tes? this core is not that one not by long shot bad example..sorry but Gallup ad Lamb are a solid core and Washington will replace cedrick and once again to all fans who haven't noticed its 6 months before game 1 the draft , cuts happen and all the way to the trade deadline, this roster can be adjuster., if you think Lamb and Gallup, Washington and Shultz and ,this isn't a finished roster ,is somehow the RBBBC 2018 was , you are wrong and even in that season Jerry made the trade for coop late and guess what we made it to the 2nd round.,so all these prognosticators need to just stop the nonsense as if the rosters set right now,.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's a bit over the top but there is some truth in what he's said. Dak has come up small in some pretty big games, especially recently. Can we hope that it was his injury issues last year that was the problem and that if healthy, he'll be fine?
Yeah a bit? The running game was awful and it's supposed to bail us out? Lol, K.
This notion that the QB only came up short is just dumb. What big games?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sorry but i disagree many wrs lamb size or even much smaller have no issues being a #1 AND succeeding in the nfl that 00redicluols point..the dude return punts for god sakes but hes too small? he was dynamic #1 in OK and was our leading WR last year and what exactly has coop done in his career that dynamic that even hovered around elite? his years while good are not that impressive, especially in TDs etc he s good no doubt borderline great at times but AC hasnt even been as good as say Dez here at least dez had 3 straight flat out elite years and some Morons here said he was all 50/50 balls with no route running ability which umm also were worng, was he AC route running, no but one thing he was was a playmaker and his 3 year run was one of the best ever for an NFL Wr..since when has AC ever done that..hes an underachiever who does just enough to be considered a #1..he never touched one of 3 of Dez top years and he did it 3 straight years. Lamb can easily replace AC..

not one thing over seen in Ceedee says he cant be #1.. i mean people say he dropped too many i showed he didn't, 4 drops all year is way way way at the bottom of the league. means hes not a dropper, his 13.9 YPC says hes not just a short pass yac guy, his 79-1109 says hes a 1. how good can he be that will be determined now that he will likely get doubled or see the #1 corners but i believe he will be fine.

now back to having Lamb, Gallup, Washington and Schultz and calling that disaster LMAO>.the OP needs to cut down on p[arty favors. A disaster!! yet the draft isn't here yet and the roster not set..SMH

He returns punts so that makes him a number one receiver prototype? Ok that's a Devin Hester to me, yeah lets model the Bears for a few years and see how far we go, Sorry, but a number one receiver that dominates is a Rice 20l lbs, Irvin 207 lbs, Fitzgerald 218 lbs, Moss 210lbs.Even Cooper was 205 lbs and those types don't return punts and if you want to slam Cooper go ahead I never thought he was a number one because he didn't produce like a dominant number one.

Sure Lamb can be our number one or the number one on a number of teams but he is not the type of number one we need to get to the bowl, we need a dominant big fast strong receiver to go up and take the ball away from anyone who tries to take it away from him and also to go up and get one of Dak's many not so perfect passes.

Not trying to be rude here, But please, do us all a favor man, use that word spell feature you have on your computer, this last post of yours gave me a migraine trying to get thru it. I'm not the grammar police by any means but at least my posts are readable.:thumbup:

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I stopped reading here

Yep, only the Cowboys could find a WR who's biggest asset is his after the catch production, finding him drop into their lap, draft him.....and not even play him on slanting patterns in the slot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Improving the running game should be our focus in the draft

He returns punts so that makes him a number one receiver prototype? Ok that's a Devin Hester to me, yeah lets model the Bears for a few years and see how far we go, Sorry, but a number one receiver that dominates is a Rice 20l lbs, Irvin 207 lbs, Fitzgerald 218 lbs, Moss 210lbs.Even Cooper was 205 lbs and those types don't return punts and if you want to slam Cooper go ahead I never thought he was a number one because he didn't produce like a dominant number one.

Sure Lamb can be our number one or the number one on a number of teams but he is not the type of number one we need to get to the bowl, we need a dominant big fast strong receiver to go up and take the ball away from anyone who tries to take it away from him and also to go up and get one of Dak's many not so perfect passes.

Not trying to be rude here, But please, do us all a favor man, use that word spell feature you have on your computer, this last post of yours gave me a migraine trying to get thru it. I'm not the grammar police by any means but at least my posts are readable.
sorry Im saying that because his size doesn't matter that was easy huh comprehend that? hes already was our leading wr last year and will be again and sent care about proof checking a sports forum social media post..dont read it..i mentioned punts to show his toughness and his size didn't matter and Dez also did it early..dez had better career than AC and Lamb will be fine..

Tyreek hills smaller,
Stefon Diggs

Position: WR

6-0, 191lb

tyler lockett 5'10 182
Devonta smith 6'1 175
chase 6'1 200

enough said... mic drop

this entire premise like the qb like Murray was too small to play or running qbs couldn't make it in the nfl all busted now Lamb at 6'2 190 is to small..i see many wrs that size play very well..oh wait Lamb has already shown that..how many games has he mossed over injury

so moronic OMG hes not 200lbs he cant be a 1..they also said players like Aaron Donald were too small to play interior line, he slipped in the draft oops.they've said that about some RBs and that was also proven wrong.

your posts give me a migraine because they are just moronic, so we are even..lmao

Last edited:

Batman1980

Reaction score
sorry Im saying that because his size doesn't matter that was easy huh comprehend that? hes already was our leading wr last year and will be again and sent care about proof checking a sports forum social media post..dont read it..i mentioned punts to show his toughness and his size didn't matter and Dez also did it early..dez had better career than AC and Lamb will be fine..

Tyreek hills smaller,
Stefon Diggs

6-0, 191lb

tyler lockett 5'10 182

enough said... mic drop

this entire premise like the qb like Murray was too small to play or running qbs couldn't make it in the nfl all busted now Lamb at 6'2 190 is to small..i see many wrs that size play very well..oh wait Lamb has already shown that..how many games has he mossed over injury

so moronic OMG hes not 200lbs he cant be a 1..they also said players like Aaron Donald were too small to play interior line, he slipped in the draft oops.they've said that about some RBs and that was also proven wrong.

your posts give me a migraine because they are just moronic, so we are even..lmao

Tyreek hills smaller,
Stefon Diggs

6-0, 191lb

tyler lockett 5'10 182

enough said... mic drop

Washington-Lamb-Gallup is not Cooper-Lamb-Gallup but it's still better than a lot of teams. Flip Lamb for Diggs or just draft a Diggs type in this draft and it's better than last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Washington-Lamb-Gallup is not Cooper-Lamb-Gallup but it's still better than a lot of teams. Flip Lamb for Diggs or just draft a Diggs type in this draft and it's better than last year.
and once again we are 6months from game 1 rosters not set but AC not as big a loss as being exaggerated around here.,he wasn't the true game changer never effected the big games he disappeared when we needed him..it is what it is,

Batman1980

Reaction score
and once again we are 6months from game 1 rosters not set but AC not as big a loss as being exaggerated around here.,he wasn't the true game changer never effected the big games he disappeared when we needed him..it is what it is,

I see Metcalf is available. I'd give the Seahawks the same offer I'd give Buffalo - Lamb and a second. Metcalf-Washington-Gallup would be ridonculous and then Schultz would be more than enough with Sprinkle as a blocker.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see Metcalf is available. I'd give the Seahawks the same offer I'd give Buffalo - Lamb and a second. Metcalf-Washington-Gallup would be ridonculous and then Schultz would be more than enough with Sprinkle as a blocker.
if they planned on not making Lamb and Gallup the top targets they would have kept Coop..that not the plan..a draft pick yes bring in vet from late post draft and post June 1st cuts yes that going to happen an big trades for new #1 sorry..

blueblood70

Reaction score

Not trying to be rude here, But please, do us all a favor man, use that word spell feature you have on your computer, this last post of yours gave me a migraine trying to get thru it. I'm not the grammar police by any means but at least my posts are readable.:thumbup:
lists and rankings are always changing and are subjective but many think this about lamb and hes 6th on the 2021s top wr list..not a 1?, lmao

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-wide-receiver-rankings

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tyreek hills smaller,
Stefon Diggs

6-0, 191lb

tyler lockett 5'10 182
Devonta smith 6'1 175
chase 6'1 200

enough said... mic drop

Thanks for cleaning up your post, while still ridiculous and infantile at least readable on the first pass. :grin:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks for cleaning up your post, while still ridiculous and infantile at least readable on the first pass. :grin:

6. CEEDEE LAMB, DALLAS COWBOYS
Lamb bounced back and forth between the outside and inside this season, and there was a noticeable difference in his play at the two positions. He was at his best on the outside, earning the fourth-best receiving grade and averaging the ninth-most yards per route run this season.

Either way, though, Lamb’s toughness showed on the field. He caught 14 of his 20 contested opportunities and broke 19 tackles after the catch across 80 receptions.

doesn't sound too small ie plays better outside words like Tough and YAC..hmm

links18

Reaction score
Lamb and Gallup are jags LMAO put down the pipe.:facepalm:
umm name those wrs and tes? this core is not that one not by long shot bad example..sorry but Gallup ad Lamb are a solid core and Washington will replace cedrick and once again to all fans who haven't noticed its 6 months before game 1 the draft , cuts happen and all the way to the trade deadline, this roster can be adjuster., if you think Lamb and Gallup, Washington and Shultz and ,this isn't a finished roster ,is somehow the RBBBC 2018 was , you are wrong and even in that season Jerry made the trade for coop late and guess what we made it to the 2nd round.,so all these prognosticators need to just stop the nonsense as if the rosters set right now,.

I didn't say Lamb and Gallup were JAGS. I said they weren't #1receivers and the front office thinks it's fine as does part of the fan base apparently.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

6. CEEDEE LAMB, DALLAS COWBOYS
Lamb bounced back and forth between the outside and inside this season, and there was a noticeable difference in his play at the two positions. He was at his best on the outside, earning the fourth-best receiving grade and averaging the ninth-most yards per route run this season.

Either way, though, Lamb’s toughness showed on the field. He caught 14 of his 20 contested opportunities and broke 19 tackles after the catch across 80 receptions.

doesn't sound too small ie plays better outside words like Tough and YAC..hmm

Part of the problem is he wont be as open now as the number one receiver, pass catches will be harder to make and the ones he drops are always key drops, better hope he gets open allot and can make some YAC "assuming Dak finds and hits him", I hope I'm wrong about Lamb but I really hope the rest of team can step up to compensate for our lack of a dominant number one receiver and a QB who cant always hit the bullseye cause that's not the best situation to be in, but here we are "again" same as it ever was..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn't say Lamb and Gallup were JAGS. I said they weren't #1receivers and the front office thinks it's fine as does part of the fan base apparently.
NO you tried to compare this current WR core to 2018s RBBC jags and yes Lamb and Gallup are starters not jags and yes Lamb can be a 1..sorry your point failed. lets let 2022 speak for itself but right now we already saw Lamb in college and last year he was our leading wr..sorry its fact..lets see how he does this season with more eyes on him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Part of the problem is he wont be as open now as the number one receiver, pass catches will be harder to make and the ones he drops are always key drops, better hope he gets open allot and can make some YAC "assuming Dak finds and hits him", I hope I'm wrong about Lamb but I really hope the rest of team can step up to compensate for our lack of a dominant number one receiver and a QB who cant always hit the bullseye cause that's not the best situation to be in, but here we are "again" same as it ever was..
WONT ??lmao you know this how i mean you somehow got 17 game preview we all missed Mr. Nostradamus that just fan speak you are guessing. 2022 will show itself and then we can debate his year not make these ridiculous statements as if Lamb has shown he cant be a 1 his stats say he can and if he somehow has drop off without AC well then we can debate it until them. Everything suggests to he can.

blueblood70

Reaction score
AC NEVER dominated the NFL, ever..DEZ has for a short period but nothing AC has done suggests hes been dominant, dominant would be elite and AC has yet to have one elite year. Stop the overreaction. thats the issue AC has always don't "Just enough" to be good to great " but never showed he wanted to push that to being elite.