WR looks to be a disaster

rambo2

Reaction score
I see Metcalf is available. I'd give the Seahawks the same offer I'd give Buffalo - Lamb and a second. Metcalf-Washington-Gallup would be ridonculous and then Schultz would be more than enough with Sprinkle as a blocker.
Why would you do that when you could draft Burks, London, or Dotson and draft Woods or Otton to replace Sprinkle?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Why would you do that when you could draft Burks, London, or Dotson and draft Woods or Otton to replace Sprinkle?

Well if I'm drafting ANOTHER WR to go with Lamb, Washington and Gallup, I'm definitely not looking to also spend a lot of draft capital at TE.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AC NEVER dominated the NFL, ever..DEZ has for a short period but nothing AC has done suggests hes been dominant, dominant would be elite and AC has yet to have one elite year. Stop the overreaction. thats the issue AC has always don't "Just enough" to be good to great " but never showed he wanted to push that to being elite.
What's your obsession with bringing AC being elite and dominate into my conversation? All I said was Lamb wasn't as good at running routes than Cooper?? Neither one is a bonafide super bowl team or elite receiver such as the type we need for a number one.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well if I'm drafting ANOTHER WR to go with Lamb, Washington and Gallup, I'm definitely not looking to also spend a lot of draft capital at TE.
The tight end class is strong. They are going to draft at least one and they will give the team an upgrade at the position.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Cowboys fans :facepalm:. Shultz is better then Howard. You want the Cowboys to rely on I guy who is a first round bust for Tampa.:huh:Now CeeDee is a scrub in your opinion. 2,000 yards and over 150 catches in his first two seasons. We should have sent him packing with Cooper with your way of thinking. Let’s let the draft play out before we panic. La”el, Cooper and Gregory have won nothing for the Cowboys but cost our team money and headaches.

Yep there's a reason Howard signed a 3 million deal. Maybe he can further develop in a different system, but at this point Schultz is the superior player. He's a lot better than some here give him credit for.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he’s not a #1, then he’s a bust because it would have been stupid to draft him where we did in the face of other needs just to get a #2 wideout we can get later in the draft.
Agree 100%. Myself, I'm not sure if he's a 1 or not, but we're fixing to find out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep there's a reason Howard signed a 3 million deal. Maybe he can further develop in a different system, but at this point Schultz is the superior player. He's a lot better than some here give him credit for.
The Schultz dislike on this site is one of the strangest things. He's a good solid player that would be difficult to upgrade. And the people who don't like him(for no reason) lie about him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a decent solid player who has excellent short area quickness which gets him consistently open, and is very good after the catch.

GMO415

Reaction score
Am I alone here? While I was in favor of letting Cooper go, I was not in favor of paying 11M for a Tweener TE while Buffalo signed OJ Howard for 3M....letting our best route runner left on the team walk off to Miami for a salary that was very workable....resigning Noah Brown for a SIXTH season of sucking...but, but, but, he can block....sorry, I forgot. I'm guessing Turner didn't have the goods on Booger like Brown does. Wasting money on James Washington, when you could have signed Allen Robinson. Sorry, but Cee Dee is a #2 at best, and Gallup is a #2 on a great day....both CANNOT be depended on to show up every week...Schultz cannot be depended on to do anything but pick up 7-8 yards in soft zones, and provide Duk Pratfall some security when panicked. These receivers are going to really expose Duk, and make us long for the days of Tony...a 3-5 road record looks like a pipe dream....9-8 overall. The sad thing, is that it didn't have to be like this....Deez Nutz to both Booger and Chuckles....when is someone in the media going to seriously challenge them face to face about the last 26 years? What gutless media we have!!!
I'm with you, but ponder this for a moment. MM is having more say in the offense. I think we will look a true west coast offense. Two more than capable WRs, catching TE, and RBs that can catch out of the backfield. It will work in Dallas.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
tee hee. i’m referring to who to be upset with. but sure laugh it up that we got pennies on the dollar and a gaping hole
I lost respect for Amari. Getting paid Top 3 in the whole NFL, yet half-arsing it on the field just about every game? No, sir...can't continue to allow that. Amari forced the Cowboys to trade him.

Loso86

Reaction score
[

bc Dak is a 40 mil dollar stud and we need a defense. Our team can only get better on the opposite side of the ball. We aren’t going to our score a great team that we can’t can’t stop bc we have no defense. Outside of Oaraon we have midrounders on defense and forget about it then blame them for not being able to stop a team from scoring 30* points. If we don’t invest in defense then dak lovers can’t blame them for our losing. https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/ Winning means distributing money on both sides equally not an overload offense bc we can’t accept our 40 mil guy can’t provide greed through reads. Get a first or sec rd wide receiver or get another 1st round lb to go along with pollard, a defensive end, a safety, corner and I’ll beat your team every day out of the week.
Your not wrong but you hVe realized Dak isn't that QB that makes WRs and others look good right.....he needs guys to mKe him look like a 40 mil QB unfortunately. And it's probably a 85% chance they pixk either OL or WR first so just get ready

Loso86

Reaction score
Right. For what? We can clearly see that a championship isn't on the minds of our FO. We need help at DB, DL, and OL. Adding more perfume to the offense isn't helping. We have Gallup, Lamb, Shultz, some slop, and whoever we draft. Should we need more? That said, and going by the Jones boys pattern, I think we take a WR in the 2nd round. Ignoring DT and Safety.
Secondary help is not high on the list. The number 1 thing we need because we hVe yet to address is LG and NT. However Wr will be important if you've ever seen Dak play. Lamb and washingt9n and brow And semi will not work. Gallup probably wint even be available until week 5 so yea WR is high on the Needs list. Lb is deep as well as dline. Wr and oline so the best plYer there at 24 just take him

Batman1980

Reaction score
Secondary help is not high on the list. The number 1 thing we need because we hVe yet to address is LG and NT. However Wr will be important if you've ever seen Dak play. Lamb and washingt9n and brow And semi will not work. Gallup probably wint even be available until week 5 so yea WR is high on the Needs list. Lb is deep as well as dline. Wr and oline so the best plYer there at 24 just take him

LB is LVE, Cox, Parsons and little else. That's not deep. D-line is Fowler, Tank, Armstrong, Osi and little else. Also not deep.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
he was our WR1 last year.

stats wise.

not in base pay.

How do you explain Cooper not getting the most targets from our elite qb Dak?

# NAME TEAM POS TGT RZ TGT SNAP REC RZ REC CTCH RATE YD TD PTS OS
1 CeeDee Lamb DAL WR 125(9-5-4-2) 847 80 64% 1123 6 156
2 Amari Cooper DAL WR 113(5-11-7-7) 833 74 65% 929 9 147
3 Dalton Schultz DAL TE 112(8-9-10-3) 1019 85 76% 897 8 140

kskboys

Reaction score
Me likey, in the 4th.. Already a good blocker, and appears to have the skillset to create separation.

Ooops. Thought this was the Ruckert thread. Disregard!!!!

Motorola

Reaction score
I agree with the big picture. At the top, we signed second rate players to overpriced contracts, and one of them won't even show for the first 6 games or so, while cutting our best WR who wasn't due another penny in guaranteed money. No speed at all in our top WRs, and our big WR pick last year was told to bulk up because he *might* have a future as a receiving TE, but sure wouldn't as a WR.

But at the bottom, totally disagree. Noah was a great deal for us. Core special teamer, competent NFL veteran WR, and can block, all for vet minimum. I'll take the Washington pick too. 5 TDs one season. Another basically competent NFL veteran for veteran minimum. What's not to like? If nothing else, these guys are next to free roster insurance. Don't get all wound up thinking that we're counting on either of them as our #3. Whatever we do with them, they are great value signings.
And there's still the draft, which has been unanimously rated as loaded very good and better prospects no matter what round a team selects.
The debate looming among CZers is when the Cowboys will pull the trigger.