WR Roy Williams Rumored Trade To 49ers???...

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
Other news includes the rumor that Lions wide receiver Roy Williams is on the trading block, and one report said Detroit would look for a second-round pick in return. Williams played for two seasons under former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who's now with the 49ers, so would the 49ers look to make a deal for Williams?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/...;entry_id=23734

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The part this leaves out is that a major reason for the trade is that Williams wants to come 'home'. And 'home' isn't in California.

I did like the part about a 2nd round draft pick though.

Sounds like Millen is even dumber than first thought!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There are going to be alot of upset Cowboy fans when he doesn't get traded to Dallas.

Get out your crying towels.

superpunk

Reaction score
Martz = Roy Williams. How clever.

This isn't a rumor, it's a connect-the-dots booklet.

Alexander

Reaction score
superpunk;1926383 said:
Martz = Roy Williams. How clever.

This isn't a rumor, it's a connect-the-dots booklet.

That's no different from the childlike logic of this equation:

Detroit is exploring trade options for Williams + Williams is from Texas and said he wouldn't mind being "home" = HE'S A COWBOY

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly Roy Williams didn't like Mike Martz offense anyway, so it's probably a false rumor, unless the Lions just want to torture him.

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
stasheroo;1926377 said:
The part this leaves out is that a major reason for the trade is that Williams wants to come 'home'. And 'home' isn't in California.

I did like the part about a 2nd round draft pick though.

Sounds like Millen is even dumber than first thought!

It's all about the money, in the end!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Alexander;1926393 said:
That's no different from the childlike logic of this equation:

Detroit is exploring trade options for Williams + Williams is from Texas and said he wouldn't mind being "home" = HE'S A COWBOY

No kidding.

But that wont stop the minions from posting countless threads on Roy Williams to Dallas scenarios....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;1926382 said:
There are going to be alot of upset Cowboy fans when he doesn't get traded to Dallas.

Get out your crying towels.

I'm curious.

Why do you think that it's out of the question?

Alexander

Reaction score
stasheroo;1926404 said:
I'm curious.

Why do you think that it's out of the question?

Because far too many fans are talking about it. Rarely does it work out even close to what popular opinion formulates as likely.

That and I have special tea leaves.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Any trade would probably involve a contract extension that RW has to agree to. If all the reports are true about him wanting to return home, then he won't be a 49er. How true those reports are, i guess only time will tell.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;1926436 said:
Because far too many fans are talking about it. Rarely does it work out even close to what popular opinion formulates as likely.

You mean like when the fans talked about TO coming?

You're right, that eliminates all chances of it happening.

Tea anyone?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Alexander;1926436 said:

And yet, this time last year, the hot name on these message boards was one Leonard Davis... and what popular opinion formulated as likely turned out to be what actually happened...

Sometimes popular opinion is formulated mostly by common sense... when that's the case, it's not wise to discount it altogether...

I wouldn't mind a cup of THAT... LOL...

Alexander

Reaction score
Hostile;1926464 said:
You mean like when the fans talked about TO coming?

Just curious, is Detroit going to release Roy Williams like the Eagles did Terrell Owens?

No?

That's what I thought.

You're right, that eliminates all chances of it happening.
When you add in the complexity of any potential trade, along with the contracts and cap situations for both clubs, the chances automatically become much much lower.

These scenarios that take unsubstanciated rumor like a second round choice and somehow assumes it is all just that easy are about as far from reality as you can get.

Alexander

Reaction score
silverbear;1926468 said:
And yet, this time last year, the hot name on these message boards was one Leonard Davis... and what popular opinion formulated as likely turned out to be what actually happened...

Sometimes popular opinion is formulated mostly by common sense... when that's the case, it's not wise to discount it altogether...

Leonard Davis was also a free agent.

Roy Williams is under contract.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;1926474 said:
Just curious, is Detroit going to release Roy Williams like the Eagles did Terrell Owens?

No?

That's what I thought.

When you add in the complexity of any potential trade, along with the contracts and cap situations for both clubs, the chances automatically become much much lower.

These scenarios that take unsubstanciated rumor like a second round choice and somehow assumes it is all just that easy are about as far from reality as you can get.
My crystal ball is working. I knew your response would be to explain to me the difference between a trade and Free Agency.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hostile;1926476 said:
My crystal ball is working. I knew your response would be to explain to me the difference between a trade and Free Agency.

Just let me know if you need any other lessons.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile;1926476 said:

How about this: There are 31 other teams in the league.

Obviously, not all would be interested in such a trade.....but there are several that would be.

Saying we have a chance at Roy Williams is fair enough....but I fail to see why we should expect him in Dallas anymore so than 49er Fans expecting him in San Fran next year....or any other fans expecting their teams to trade for him.