WR we have met with

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I love the idea of filling holes in FA and a WR falling to 24 with Cooks on the roster.

Cooks can be #2 while the rookie WR is #3 develops and turns into #2 when we lose Cooks to FA.
I think Cooks would be a good mentor for any young WR. He's the old guy that the young ones go to for advise, and Cooks seems to be more than willing to pass along his knowledge. Like having an extra coach on the field.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
6’-2” is plenty of height for a WR, but it’s just another example of school sports info/media departments misleading with measurables. AD Mitchell was consistently hyped as 6’-4”.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm thinking that they will draft a receiver.
Man such a good year to cash in at WR.

Doubt we do it in round 1 now…but I could see 1 of Leggette, Coleman, Wilson, etc available at round 2.

Still don’t know what to think of Coleman. WRs that run a 4.6+ have a low track record of success.

rambo2

Reaction score
Man such a good year to cash in at WR.

Doubt we do it in round 1 now…but I could see 1 of Leggette, Coleman, Wilson, etc available at round 2.

Still don’t know what to think of Coleman. WRs that run a 4.6+ have a low track record of success.
Look at Coleman's gauntlet drill. I think he was the fastest at the combine in that drill, which should mean that he can get open across the middle and make those catches. He should be good in contested catches. I'm thinking they should grab Mitchell or Brian Thomas in the 1st round. I think it would be a good idea to lock up a top receiver to go a long with Lamb. If they don't do that. I think that they should grab one of the 2nd round receivers like Legette.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Look at Coleman's gauntlet drill. I think he was the fastest at the combine in that drill, which should mean that he can get open across the middle and make those catches. He should be good in contested catches. I'm thinking they should grab Mitchell or Brian Thomas in the 1st round. I think it would be a good idea to lock up a top receiver to go a long with Lamb. If they don't do that. I think that they should grab one of the 2nd round receivers like Legette.
I saw that but it doesn’t really change anything for me…I agree 100% I love the ball skills and contested catch ability but ability to separate is so huge IMO.

I think BTJ is gone by 24 but AD should be a legit target. Awesome 2nd round options like Leggette as well.

rambo2

Reaction score
I saw that but it doesn’t really change anything for me…I agree 100% I love the ball skills and contested catch ability but ability to separate is so huge IMO.

I think BTJ is gone by 24 but AD should be a legit target. Awesome 2nd round options like Leggette as well.
I count 14 receivers that could go in the top 56. I think there will be several of them available at 56.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Given our many pressing needs, I have a hard time envisioning us drafting a receiver in R1 and even R2.

I think it’s more likely we wait until R3 for a guy like Devontez Walker or something.

rambo2

Reaction score
Given our many pressing needs, I have a hard time envisioning us drafting a receiver in R1 and even R2.

I think it’s more likely we wait until R3 for a guy like Devontez Walker or something.
Receiver is a need too and they will never have a better chance at getting a top notch one to go a long with Lamb for the long term.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t really see what Keon Coleman adds to this receivers group, at least in the immediate short term. I suppose he could be red zone target.

He ran a very limited route tree at FSU and doesn’t have top end speed. He’s extremely unrefined w/his route running and doesn’t consistently gain separation. He does well on contested balls but are you going to be forcing him passes versus Lamb? When you have a guy like that his presence on the field becomes predictable in the same way it is with Deuce Vaughn.