CFZ Wrapping up the in-house free agent discussions

McKDaddy

Reaction score
"Steele probably will miss half the season due to coming back from a late ACL tear". It doesn't take 9 months to recover from an ACL replacement surgery. I know from first-hand experience. He should be good to go by September. Secondly, I see that you neglected to draft a QB in the spring.
Not trying to argue with you but I believe his injury was to both ACL & MCL. Also, doesn't lateral movement create the most stress on a knee with any weakness in it? He didn't have great lateral speed prior to the injury. I am really pulling for Steele and goodness knows the Cowboys need him to regain form but my confidence is low that he is really "back" next year. And I really worry about lateral movement while being engaged with a defender. Seems like a recipe for reinjury if not fully healed.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would also add Free agent running backs are out there. If Pollard balks and even if he doesnt:
We have Kareem Hunt, Moestert, Jeff Wilson, Damien Harris, Matt Breida, there will be bargains and steals.
Zeke needs to have his bag packed and I will get an Uber for him out of town. Clean out your locker and you are a post June1st cut.

Schultz is good but should sign with a team like Jacksonville for Carolina who will overpay. Cowboys need depth as we should go with the young guys.

Keep building the defense, need more corners, DTs, pass rush.. build on a strength. Just think Ravens gave up a second for Smith during the season.
Imagine Parsons and Smith together. Strike while the iron is hot.

First day of free agency jags have a deal with SHULTZ 5 years 94 million!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Always been a Zeke supporter. Appreciate that he has sacrificed his body to be a great blocker .... but totally agree. It's just time for a fresh start.

Pre injury, fully on board with resigning Pollard unless it just got outrageous. Now, I have to admit I'm concerned about doing so. Stinks cause he has been held back by this organization and deserves to get a nice contract. If there is any concern that he doesn't return with the same explosiveness, then the contract has to be smaller or I let him go. You aren't guaranteed to just find guys who can do what he can .... but you can't get bogged down with a bloated contract either.
I cannot envision them getting rid of both backs in 1 offseason, but it is possible this yr, strong fa and draft classes.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I cannot envision them getting rid of both backs in 1 offseason, but it is possible this yr, strong fa and draft classes.
IF the org is truly committed to being a dominant O line, you don't have to put elite backs behind them. Make sure you get the line taken care of and let Davis and some others benefit from it.