CFZ Wrapping up the in-house free agent discussions

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he could play on the outside, that would be a different story. Perfect world they draft a high corner who can play both
Bland can play outside.

They schemed to protect Mukuamu in the 2 games he played CB. Maybe he can be the 3rd CB, but that's far from proven.

They can't assume they'll get a CB in the draft that is ready day 1. That would mean forcing the pick at #26.

If Lewis injury is going to linger, then it's a different story.

Keep him on PUP to start camp and see how the other options look.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Bland can play outside.

They schemed to protect Mukuamu in the 2 games he played CB. Maybe he can be the 3rd CB, but that's far from proven.

They can't assume they'll get a CB in the draft that is ready day 1. That would mean forcing the pick at #26.

If Lewis injury is going to linger, then it's a different story.

Keep him on PUP to start camp and see how the other options look.
Could also replace him with another veteran corner on the open market

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gallimore is so bad now he essentially is another OL for the opposing team getting washed out of every running play.
Be careful what we wish. Gallimore might need more time. He played very little football before we drafted him. He is still learning. Im willing to give him another year. We need bodies at DT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need 2 use the 3 headed monster running back system. Malik Davis, a cheap vet and a draftee. HUGE savings and a youth movement. I think the Bills might be moving on from Singletary. I would take a look at him, draft Gibbs or McIntosh at rb.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I do believe the Cowboys will bring in another veteran bridge corner in the event Brown doesn’t come back, if Bland starts in the slot, Lewis is a goner
They need to upgrade at some positions anyway. The question is, can they do it at the right ones?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jabril Coc, I believe when I see it.

Jalen Tolbert played 3x more snaps than Jabril (non ST snaps).

Jabril has been a complete bust at this point. At least Taco actually played...
This is Jabril's second, but Tolbert's first year.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jabril Coc, I believe when I see it.

Jalen Tolbert played 3x more snaps than Jabril (non ST snaps).

Jabril has been a complete bust at this point. At least Taco actually played...
I don't disagree. I don't believe anyone is going to be any good until I see it on the field. Cox played some his rookie year and got hurt. He certainly showed some speed when he stopped Daniel Jones from scoring a TD. But I'd like to see him play some and let's see how he does.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Gallimore is so bad now he essentially is another OL for the opposing team getting washed out of every running play.
Gallilmore was a huge disappointment at a position that was undermanned assuming he was a legitimate starter, which he turned out not to be.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They need to upgrade at some positions anyway. The question is, can they do it at the right ones?
Are determine the top 3 draft priorities, where I am hopeful WR/DT are taken care of in FA.

conner01

Reaction score
Do they got the same out of him eh? 18 balls?
They got the same results in production but didn’t use him near as much. The point is he got open and made the catch at about the same rate but was used less. He was used less because they have better options who could get open against guys he couldn’t

conner01

Reaction score
I really do think OBJ is realistic in fa. As for a high-priced DT, I still have my doubts. Probably will resign Hankins and draft another late NT.

As for Brown/Lewis, they can always sign another, veteran bridge player, which basically was these 2.
Brown is a FA and Lewis has one year left. I suspect we draft a CB and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s at 26. Brown isn’t gonna get the offers he was after his injury. I could see them, if he’s healthy, signing him to a reasonable one year deal. Lewis could be cut but you have to see how long he’s out and are you gonna have to pay him anyway for part of year
If their plan is to keep Diggs long term then having the other guys on rookie deals certainly makes that easier. Bland seems like a steal so we may have hit gold there

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For a team scraping for CAP, having Bland and Mukuamu as probable slot corners makes Lewis expendable....too many if's on Bland and Israel both becoming full time CB2 and SS.
I like Bland alot he looks like a great draft pick, to be honest Diggs and paying him is a problem with me after that crap he did in the playoffs...I might get over it .. but you cant tell me some of his team mates are not side eyeing him for that business decision.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Brown is a FA and Lewis has one year left. I suspect we draft a CB and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s at 26. Brown isn’t gonna get the offers he was after his injury. I could see them, if he’s healthy, signing him to a reasonable one year deal. Lewis could be cut but you have to see how long he’s out and are you gonna have to pay him anyway for part of year
If their plan is to keep Diggs long term then having the other guys on rookie deals certainly makes that easier. Bland seems like a steal so we may have hit gold there
Very possible Brown returns

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They got the same results in production but didn’t use him near as much. The point is he got open and made the catch at about the same rate but was used less. He was used less because they have better options who could get open against guys he couldn’t
It was a mistake signing for them at that amount.