Wrestlemania 31 Prediction Thread

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I really like Rollins. I do.

But he's no Jericho.

He's not even close.

To suggest such a thing is a slap in the face to Jericho. He was better than Rollins in every single way possible.

Now Rollins might eventually get to that level but he's not even close to that right now.

I would agree Jericho > Rollins, but I stand by my point that Rollins is the modern equivalent of Jericho, which speaks more to the decrease in the quality of new talent than a slap in Jericho's face. A more apt comparison may be a modern-day Benoit, but he has a personality, so I opted to go with Jericho.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I would agree Jericho > Rollins, but I stand by my point that Rollins is the modern equivalent of Jericho, which speaks more to the decrease in the quality of new talent than a slap in Jericho's face. A more apt comparison may be a modern-day Benoit, but he has a personality, so I opted to go with Jericho.

he probably loves Jericho...maybe even got pointers from him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Fair enough.

It certainly would show how drastic a decrease the talent is, overall, if Rollins is the real modern day Jericho.

Again this isn't some slap at Rollins. I find him very entertaining and I think he's a dang good character, and wrestler, and he's generally very good on the mic. But the difference between guys like Rollins and guys like Jericho is just...yikes. It's just not close.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again this isn't some slap at Rollins. I find him very entertaining and I think he's a dang good character, and wrestler, and he's generally very good on the mic. But the difference between guys like Rollins and guys like Jericho is just...yikes. It's just not close.
There is no debate, that bolded line is true. With that in mind the fact Rollins DOMINATES the airtime is unbelievable. It's not hard to read between the lines and see a bigger picture.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
You guys keep saying this isn't a slap at Seth while continuing to put him down.

Of course it's a slap at him.

He was on RAW a lot Monday because Steph & HHH weren't. They always come out & talk for hours it seems..

Cena comes out & talks & talks. They have to. The show is 3 hours long. Way too long.

Orton & Seth pretty much had the best match at WM. I saw the video. Orton was great as usual..he's probably one of the best in ring guys I've seen.

And oh yea..Seth was great too. Their match was off the chain!

Some of those guys really shine when the spotlight is brightest. That match was one of those for both of them. They work great together.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That whole Rusev run was a re-run of what they did with Goldberg. Now it's pretty much fizzled after a loss.

Always thought part of the Goldberg fizzle was the way they booked him to lose.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You guys keep saying this isn't a slap at Seth while continuing to put him down.

Of course it's a slap at him.

He was on RAW a lot Monday because Steph & HHH weren't. They always come out & talk for hours it seems..

Cena comes out & talks & talks. They have to. The show is 3 hours long. Way too long.

Orton & Seth pretty much had the best match at WM. I saw the video. Orton was great as usual..he's probably one of the best in ring guys I've seen.

And oh yea..Seth was great too. Their match was off the chain!

Some of those guys really shine when the spotlight is brightest. That match was one of those for both of them. They work great together.

Seth is very good.

I enjoyed his work.

But he simply isn't on the level of some of the people that are mentioned.

That's nothing against him it's simply fact. I do like him though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Always thought part of the Goldberg fizzle was the way they booked him to lose.

The loss shouldn't have done squat to Goldberg. He'd already lost in his career. It wasn't like he was still undefeated from WCW and then got jobbed in WWE.

Goldberg failed because he was below average at absolutely EVERYTHING other than intensity.

He worked in WCW because they booked him to be a wrecking machine and didn't have him wrestle long matches. And he was something different from the endless nWo stuff.

By the time he got to WWE people were well aware that he was average, on his best day, in the ring, and he was terrible on the mic. WWE was full of people who were great on the mic and great in the ring. He simply didn't stack up.

It also didn't help that his first feud in the WWE was with the Rock who was, by far, the best in the world on the mic at the time. Goldberg never stood a chance of looking good or doing good in the WWE.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Seth is very good.

I enjoyed his work.

But he simply isn't on the level of some of the people that are mentioned.

That's nothing against him it's simply fact. I do like him though.

Give him time! Jericho has been doing that for decades...

If they let him be with guys like Orton he'll just get better & better. He's already very athletic..not stiff like some of those guys. Of course I'm talking about the bigger guys.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goldberg failed because he was below average at absolutely EVERYTHING other than intensity.

This.

He was a Nikita Koloff type of character.

If he had appeared in the 70's or 80's, he would have been a mid-carder... And he would have taken losses to the technical guys.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Goldberg? Even with all their bringing back the old guys never saw this guy.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The loss shouldn't have done squat to Goldberg. He'd already lost in his career. It wasn't like he was still undefeated from WCW and then got jobbed in WWE.

He worked in WCW because they booked him to be a wrecking machine and didn't have him wrestle long matches. And he was something different from the endless nWo stuff.

By the time he got to WWE people were well aware that he was average, on his best day, in the ring, and he was terrible on the mic. WWE was full of people who were great on the mic and great in the ring. He simply didn't stack up.

It also didn't help that his first feud in the WWE was with the Rock who was, by far, the best in the world on the mic at the time. Goldberg never stood a chance of looking good or doing good in the WWE.

I was referring more to his first loss in WCW with the taser. Ridiculous. WCW booking at its finest.

I liked Goldberg. As a wrecking machine never felt he had to be the best in ring guy and he didn't need to say much if anything. His spear looked vicious and he used one of the few finishers that actually looked like it could incapacitate your opponent long enough to get the win.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was referring more to his first loss in WCW with the taser. Ridiculous. WCW booking at its finest.

I liked Goldberg. As a wrecking machine never felt he had to be the best in ring guy and he didn't need to say much if anything. His spear looked vicious and he used one of the few finishers that actually looked like it could incapacitate your opponent long enough to get the win.

Oh my bad man. I didn't realize that and, yes, I completely agree with you on that booking in WCW. They wasted his first loss on something stupid #1, and on someone who didn't need to be the guy to beat him. Nash was already over. He didn't need that type of win. That should have been used on an up and coming talent that could have really benefited from getting the first W over GB.