Wrestlemania Thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I read Taker personally requested JR do the commentary on their match but I read it on the net so not sure if that was planned long ago or he really did request it. He was great though.

Phoenix

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4491932 said:
I read Taker personally requested JR do the commentary on their match but I read it on the net so not sure if that was planned long ago or he really did request it. He was great though.

JR may have tweeted about it, not sure.

BTW, his beef jerky that he sells really IS pretty darn good I think!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Ah, here we go:

http://www.gerweck.net/2012/04/03/jim-ross-requested-to-call-hiac-match-at-wrestlemania/

By the time Jim Ross left his home to go to Florida, he thought he wouldn’t be a part of WrestleMania except for watching it like a fan. What he didn’t know was that the Undertaker, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels were pressuring the powers that be to have him call the “end of an era” Hell in a Cell match. And when three of the most successful and powerful Superstars all want it, you bet your *** it’s going to be granted. “WWE upper mgmt made it happen. It was confirmed late Friday night,” Jim Ross wrote on Twitter, revealing that it was all three of them who requested his presence ringside and to do play-by-playof the match.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I stumbled upon a tweet from ESPN reporter Guy Ramsey and sent it into PWInsider. They just put it up on the site -

Guy Ramsey is reporting that WrestleMania did 1.9m buys.

Gus Ramsey of ESPN wrote the following in his Twitter:
"accidentally deleted my earlier tweet. Rock and Brock each sign 1 year deals. WM28 did 1.9M buys. WWE was targeting 1.5M"

If that ends up being the case, WWE certainly has a lot to be happy about.
http://pwinsider.com/article/67367/espn-reporter-claims-wrestlemania-did-19-million-buys.html?p=1

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4493928 said:
:jackpot:

The former highest buyrate for WWE prior to this? 1.25M at WM23. Lots of people are doubting the 1.9M report if it is true that is insane.