Wrestling Fans, have some questions..

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Just_Dan said:
Ummm...no offense...But Pro wrestling is/was and always will be.....a joke as an actual sport.

FYI...It's fake. Sure, the participants are athletes, and they really suffer injuries, but the outcome is predetermined. Therefore, making it a joke as a sport.

I was a huge wrestling fan when I was a child. But as I reached my teenage years, a lightbulb went off in my head and I realized that pro wrestling was only appealing to children, and the rest of the weak minded people.

Here was my moment of clarity.......

So I was about 12 and watching a wrestling match. I don't remember who it was, but the one guy had the other guy so beaten and so subdued, that he was on all fours, dazed, and completely helpless. So what does he do?....Does he kick the guy in the head and finish him off like any normal person would do? NO!!! He climbs up on the turnbuckle and proceeds to do a "flying headbutt." Which knocked his opponent clean out, as well as himself. So it was a draw.

It was at that exact moment that I, at the age of 12 (circa 1980), realized that I was too old to watch wrestling anymore, because NO ONE in reality, would do that.

So if you, or anyone else, is truly looking for wrestling to be recognized as an "actual sport." It ain't gonna happen bro.

True True True!..It really gets lame @ times. For example, ''Kane'' has ''The Rock'' so beaten up, hes really man-handling him. And outta no where, ''the Rock'' REVIVES! and starts throwin him into the ropes etc..etc.. wut happens? he ends up winning a fight where he went thru a whole bunch of punishment and its practically impossible to comeback from a beating like that.

Why dont they work on that more? actually make it more real? we're having guys come back from total blowouts ...TO WIN A FIGHT!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You two just take it too seriously. NO KIDDING IT'S NOT REAL.

It's entertainment, plain and simple.

Girls (and a few guys) watch soap operas all the time. Those aren't real either, should they stop watching despite the fact that it's entertaining for them?

I watch lots of shows. Not a single one of them are "real". Should I stop watching them? You mean Blade doesn't really exist? There really is no stargate?! Clark Kent really isn't a 19 year old kid living in Smallville, Kansas??!! You mean to tell me there really isn't some loony doctor with a limp and and an attitude going around curing exotic ailments?!?!?!?! There really isn't a guy named Earl going around with a list trying to right the wrongs he did before?!?!?!?! Could it be that there aren't a bunch of people that crash landed on an Island that has the power to heal you, and has this cool hatch, and some wierd 'others', and and and this hot chick named Kate?!?!?!?!?!?! And Michael Scofield really didn't escape from Prison?!?!?!?!??!

OH MY GOD!

I guess I should only start watching "Reality" TV shows from now on.

:rolleyes:

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Rack said:
You two just take it too seriously. NO KIDDING IT'S NOT REAL.

It's entertainment, plain and simple.

Girls (and a few guys) watch soap operas all the time. Those aren't real either, should they stop watching despite the fact that it's entertaining for them?

Not at all. I re-read my last post, and I should have included something to the effect that if you like, more power to you.

I'm a huge believer in different strokes, what ever floats your boat...etc...So if you like it, I say you should watch it and enjoy it. It doesn't bother me one bit.

My only point was that it won't ever be considered a real or legitimate sport. Simply because it isn't.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Just_Dan said:
Not at all. I re-read my last post, and I should have included something to the effect that if you like, more power to you.

I'm a huge believer in different strokes, what ever floats your boat...etc...So if you like it, I say you should watch it and enjoy it. It doesn't bother me one bit.

My only point was that it won't ever be considered a real or legitimate sport. Simply because it isn't.

Sorry for the confusion.

Well that much is obvious. I can't remember a time in my life that I actually believed it was real, although I probably did at one point.

Like mentioned earlier in this thread, Wrestling is the male's soap opera.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
h52362t.jpg

http://www.castletown.com/Brothers.htm

One ship, 5 brothers.....hard to understand to me.