WRs group lacks speed, so If speed is emphasis on defense why not on offense?

quickccc

Reaction score
Like I said a small, shifty WR with speed .

why does he have to be small ?

Cedrick Wilson was a big WR who played a lot of slot when Gallup went down, and performed admirably.
According to Jerry. a lot of the offense issues was bad route running.

quickccc

Reaction score
Witten was always one of the slowest players on the field yet he got open. You need a good route runner who understands the weak spots of the defense not necessarily elite straight line speed.

Personally I'm not concerned about the speed on offense. We have WRs with adequate speed and Pollard is a pretty shifty quick cut player.

4.65 speed (pre-draft) is not slow for a 250 pound TE.
That's actually damn good.

i think Rams' Cooper Kupp is a good example when it comes to play speed vs 40 time speed.

kskboys

Reaction score

i think Rams' Cooper Kupp is a good example when it comes to play speed vs 40 time speed.
For some odd reason, people have very very strange ideas about Witten. And it continues to shock me how so many don't know much at all about the ability to create separation at the NFL level. They're really showing an extreme lack of knowledge by claiming that any TE can get open like Witten did and like Schultz does.

quickccc

Reaction score
For some odd reason, people have very very strange ideas about Witten. And it continues to shock me how so many don't know much at all about the ability to create separation at the NFL level. They're really showing an extreme lack of knowledge by claiming that any TE can get open like Witten did and like Schultz does.

what baffles me with Witten is that some act like he was the slowest TE in the NFL, ..and he wasn't.
But it was not about a str8 line 40 time.

He wasn't top elite explosive athlete such as Kyle Pitts, Vernon Davis and Evan Ingram ..but he most wasn't definitely wasn't an average one either.

His forte came in his outstanding hip- shoulder juke and fake moves that would just literally tie the knots in the feet of his coverage defender.
It was Cole Beasley like in how he can consistently and frequently turn and spin defenders on a game to game basis.

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=6730

rambo2

Reaction score
They were talking about the guys in the OTA. Not the 3 guys that are injured.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
what baffles me with Witten is that some act like he was the slowest TE in the NFL, ..and he wasn't.

He wasn't top elite explosive athlete such as Kyle Pitts, Vernon Davis and Evan Ingram ..but he most wasn't definitely wasn't an average one either.

His forte came in his outstanding hip- shoulder juke and fake moves that would just literally tie the knots in the feet of his coverage defender.
It was Cole Beasley like in how he can consistently and frequently turn and spin defenders on a game to game basis.

Witten was also much bigger than people will ever know, unless you stood next to him. I got the chance to be close to him as my former GF met him in Oxnard when we visited on a trip. He was my favorite player at the time, Romo aside.

Guy was a beast.

kskboys

Reaction score

And extremely quick feet.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and BTW, I do agree that we need a speed WR. It's not everything, but a guy that can fly can open up the O.

Maybe a Calvin Austin type.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
105 the fan mentioned that offense was struggling vs defense due to lack of separation by the WRs. If the organization doesn’t address this issue then it will carry on to the regular season with the team taking losses.

Need get get a small shifty WR with speed for deep threat and slot play.

WE DON'T LIKE SPEED!!!!! TERRY GLENN OUR LAST BIG PLAY THREAT

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Are you sure that was CD's fault?
Well that may have been the game he got concussed.
I knew amari missed 2 games, so I wanted to see what lamb did in those 2 games. turns out he missed those 2 games too lol.
but you can look at all the games that were against good teams, and see what he did in those games, and what amari and others did.
I do believe he will be the guy defenses will now try to shut down, so curious to see how he handles that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
AJ Brown is not a burner. Metcalf is not a burner. Lockett is not a burner. Jefferson is not a burner. Adams is not a burner.

Honestly, did you just pull names out of a hat?

Whoa now.. Metcalf may not be a 40 yard dash burner but his top end speed is up there with anyone in the league. The dude ran 10.3 in the 100 meters basically on a whim. He trained for a couple weeks and went out there with world class dudes and did not embarrass himself. 10.3 electronic aint playin around..

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

How many other WRs like Kupp putting up his level of production? Just one.

willia451

Reaction score
105 the fan mentioned that offense was struggling vs defense due to lack of separation by the WRs. If the organization doesn’t address this issue then it will carry on to the regular season with the team taking losses.

Need get get a small shifty WR with speed for deep threat and slot play.

Troy Aikman said the problem is not the WRs. Its that the coaches are relying too much on scheme and not taking advantage of the match ups being presented to them through the course of a game. He said this right after the niners loss in the playoffs last season. Basically he was saying our OC is not all that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2 tenths of a second separate a 4.5 40 and a 4.3 40, The WR has the advantage of knowing the play, the WR ability to run the routs precisely and with quickness coming in and out of breaks can allow separation. This is football not track and field which is why some of the all time great WR did not have outstanding speed