WRs Terrance Williams and Cedrick Wilson

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
WRs Terrance Williams and Cedrick Wilson have been on Injured Reserve for most, if not all, of the season. Terrance has been dealing with a nagging broken foot injury he suffered in the offseason, and Cedrick Wilson has been dealing with a shoulder injury he suffered right out of training camp/preseason.

Has anyone heard anything about their status and whether their injuries have healed by now? If their injuries are healed, why are they still on Injured Reserve? Or is it that their injuries are still not healed? Why taking this long?

Has anyone heard anything about them? With Allen Hurns done for the playoffs with such a gruesome injury to his lower leg, and Cole Beasley and Amari Cooper having suffered low hits to their lower legs which hobbled them against the Seahawks, wouldn't it be nice to see if either T-Will or C-Wil could contribute?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They aren't eligible to return. Cedrick's IR carried through this year because it was before week 1. TWill can't because we already brought Noah Brown and Goodwin off IR. You're limited to 2 in season.
That stinks. T-Will has proven in years past to be more productive receiving than Noah Brown. What has Goodwin been good for? Sitting on the sidelines?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Goodwin is supposedly a special teams ace. He was also the guy called for holding on the
80 yard punt return.
I hope Goodwin plays better special teams this Saturday night at L.A.. Our special teams is going to be needed.

A shame neither T-Will or C-Wil can't play. Could use one of them right now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They aren't eligible to return. Cedrick's IR carried through this year because it was before week 1. TWill can't because we already brought Noah Brown and Goodwin off IR. You're limited to 2 in season.

This. Exactly this.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Goodwin plays better special teams this Saturday night at L.A.. Our special teams is going to be needed.

A shame neither T-Will or C-Wil can't play. Could use one of them right now.

Even if they could bring up Wilson, a late round rookie without a full training camp is unlikely to be called up for the playoffs.

If T-Will was close to being ready, they likely would not have used the final IR-return option on the special teams player.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Wilson will get a spot next year IMO, I was really excited for his potential when we drafted him.

People need to stop with the Noah Brown hate...dude's a good blocker with good route running who just needs some more time to keep developing his receiver skills. He'll be decent, he's still extremely young. WRs are a lot like DEs when it comes to how they develop....they take time and it seems like NOBODY these days is willing to give them time. Look at all the flack second year player Taco Charlton gets...we won't know if he's a bust until his contracts almost up but people still run their mouths nonstop.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wilson will get a spot next year IMO, I was really excited for his potential when we drafted him.

People need to stop with the Noah Brown hate...dude's a good blocker with good route running who just needs some more time to keep developing his receiver skills. He'll be decent, he's still extremely young. WRs are a lot like DEs when it comes to how they develop....they take time and it seems like NOBODY these days is willing to give them time. Look at all the flack second year player Taco Charlton gets...we won't know if he's a bust until his contracts almost up but people still run their mouths nonstop.
Seriously? You're ok with giving a 1st round pick 5 years to develop and see if they are busts? There is a reason people run their mouths nonstop, because 1st round picks should be starting no later than their 2nd year. If it takes 4-5 years to find out, why did you draft him in the 1st round for?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
People need to stop with the Noah Brown hate...dude's a good blocker with good route running who just needs some more time to keep developing his receiver skills. He'll be decent, he's still extremely young.
I'm fine with Noah developing. I'm not fine with all the targets and play time he's getting now while he needs development.

I'm not a fan of Garrett's philosophy of bringing in meh WR blockers into the box. You can more effectively take a defender out of the play by just lining up a decent WR wide.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wish they didn't hate Butler so much. Should have used him more in 2017 and this year.

Sure would come in handy now with Hurns out.

HanD

Reaction score
Seriously? You're ok with giving a 1st round pick 5 years to develop and see if they are busts? There is a reason people run their mouths nonstop, because 1st round picks should be starting no later than their 2nd year. If it takes 4-5 years to find out, why did you draft him in the 1st round for?
Noah was a late round pick.

Getting any contribution from a 7th rounders is great. Many don't even make the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Noah was a late round pick.

Getting any contribution from a 7th rounders is great. Many don't even make the team.
Agreed, but I was referring to the previous poster's reference to Taco Charlton and refreshing his memory how Taco was a 1st round pick.