Wulf Down and Out

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I know my "Wulf Den" columns have been missing over the last couple of weeks, and I wanted everyone to know why that is, and why there won't be any for a few more weeks, at least.

On this coming Tuesday, September 25th, I'll be undergoing open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. Mine is defective (I was born with it), and has gotten progressively worse over the last 6-8 months to the point that I have no choice but to get it replaced.

The prospects are good. I'm relatively young for the procedure (early 40's) and have no other health issues. But there are no guarantees, so I wanted you all to know what's going on.

Should the worst happen and I not return, know that I have enjoyed being a part of these forums as well as those which preceded it, and hope that my contributions have, in some way, enhanced your experience.

To Hos, BP, and the other guys I've known from way back when, keep the fire burning.

Should things go as expected, I will still be down and out for at least a couple of weeks, so I'm guessing that my column won't return until after the Ravens game following the bye week.

Until then, long live the star!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Good luck with the surgery! Hope your recovery is speedy and painless. :)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Looking forward to your return Wulf, your presence will be missed....here's to a fast recovery.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dang, that's some real stuff right there.

Hope it all goes well and be sure to stay diligent with the meds afterward.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Hope you're back better than ever real soon.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We all wish you the best Wulf. You've got a lot of friends pulling for you!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Well this sux... PLEASE keep us posted...

We appreciate your analysis, but more importantly we want you to be well...

If you need ANYTHING, pm me...

wittenacious

Reaction score
Wulf Down but NOT Out.

Wulfman;4742753 said:
The prospects are good. I'm relatively young for the procedure (early 40's) and have no other health issues.
Sorry to read you have a need for this surgery, but I was happy to read the above portion of your post. This is the good, worth hanging onto.

But there are no guarantees, so I wanted you all to know what's going on.
I will be wishing you a 100% successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Godspeed, Wulfman.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
wittenacious;4742816 said:
Wulf Down but NOT Out.

Sorry to read you have a need for this surgery, but I was happy to read the above portion of your post. This is the good, worth hanging onto.

I will be wishing you a 100% successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Godspeed, Wulfman.

Sam has approved this message. +1

MoClaiborne24

Reaction score
Good luck Wulf and stay strong!

Wishing you a successful procedure and complete recovery my friend.

Will be praying for you and the surgeons.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Prayers it all goes well Wulf. Looking forward to your return. Please have your wife PM one of the mods or admins how the surgery went. See you soon.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
jobberone;4742867 said:
Prayers it all goes well Wulf. Looking forward to your return. Please have your wife PM one of the mods or admins how the surgery went. See you soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. I'm going to have the missus send Hos a message when she gets back home on Wednesday.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Wulfman;4742896 said:
Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. I'm going to have the missus send Hos a message when she gets back home on Wednesday.

That'll work. Thanks and good luck.