Wulf Down and Out

Ren

Reaction score
Best of luck hope everything goes smooth

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Wulfman's wife PMed Hos to let him know the surgery was a success and he is recovering well. Great news!

1fisher

Reaction score
Wulfman;4742753 said:
Hey everyone!

I know my "Wulf Den" columns have been missing over the last couple of weeks, and I wanted everyone to know why that is, and why there won't be any for a few more weeks, at least.

On this coming Tuesday, September 25th, I'll be undergoing open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. Mine is defective (I was born with it), and has gotten progressively worse over the last 6-8 months to the point that I have no choice but to get it replaced.

The prospects are good. I'm relatively young for the procedure (early 40's) and have no other health issues. But there are no guarantees, so I wanted you all to know what's going on.

Should the worst happen and I not return, know that I have enjoyed being a part of these forums as well as those which preceded it, and hope that my contributions have, in some way, enhanced your experience.

To Hos, BP, and the other guys I've known from way back when, keep the fire burning.

Should things go as expected, I will still be down and out for at least a couple of weeks, so I'm guessing that my column won't return until after the Ravens game following the bye week.

Until then, long live the star!

Lifting up prayers for you, Wulf. Get well soon!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great news.

Treat your tickers right, everybody.

wittenacious

Reaction score
jobberone;4755603 said:
Wulfman's wife PMed Hos to let him know the surgery was a success and he is recovering well. Great news!
Came back to check, again... hoping to read just this sort of positive news.

Wonderful! :clap:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Wulfman! When you see this, glad to hear you're doing great. Told you! Down, but NOT out! :D

Duane

Reaction score
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Looking forward to seeing you back on the board Wulf.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
I'm home from the hospital, and the recovery has begun. It will be awhile before I can sit here for any length of time to write articles, but trust me, I'm keeping notes. Following the bye week, I anticipate a "season til now" kind of issue as a re-launch.

Thanks for all of the good wishes and prayers. They meant a lot.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Wulfman;4758496 said:
I'm home from the hospital, and the recovery has begun. It will be awhile before I can sit here for any length of time to write articles, but trust me, I'm keeping notes. Following the bye week, I anticipate a "season til now" kind of issue as a re-launch.

...we'll see you when you are ready.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wulfman;4758496 said:

Good news.

Heart surgery would scare the hell out of me.

And like I said before, make sure you keep up on the meds.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wulfman;4758496 said:

[youtube]bGMsAYgoL3Y[/youtube]

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wulfman;4758496 said:

Told ya you would be back. Waiting for more posts........

Mr_Bill

Reaction score
Wulfman;4758496 said:

This is the best news I have seen in months. Am looking forward to your full recovery and return to this forum.

Live long and prosper!