WVU @ Texas

jimmy40

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4773245 said:
Haha, no, I'm not. And I'm not even a big Gus Johnson fan either, but tons of people are.

Hey, you have to admit it's better than being of Fox SW, or ESPN 2, or FX, wherever it would have been in the past. I'm just glad it's on a national over the air network to reach more people. Plus I get a little tired of the ESPN near-monopoly.

And complaining about Erin Andrews because of her voice... Maybe you're pulling my leg now. ;)
hey, I enjoyed the peep show as much as the next guy but her voice does suck. :laugh2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4773533 said:
You're insane if you think that offense is 3 yards and a cloud of dust. There are something like 20-30 player personnel packages. They have players that are listed as RB/WR. They have a true freshman running the wildcat. They have a soph QB that went from couldn't hit the broadside of a barn last year, to the 2nd rated passing efficiency in the country this one.

Gimmie a break dude!
what did we do last night? run, run, pass, clap. run, run, pass, clap. Against the 118th ranked pass defense.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I wondered this during the game, and had we lost I would not have mentioned it because it would have looked like sour grapes?

But is it legal for every player in the entire bench area to be out on the field jumping around?

I mean, it was neat, and I'm sure it jacked up the entire stadium, but I didn't know you could do that.

BTW, everyone that was at the game, and all of our radio crew can't stop talking about how loud the crowd was, and how awesome the atmosphere was.

rkell87

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4774443 said:
I wondered this during the game, and had we lost I would not have mentioned it because it would have looked like sour grapes?

But is it legal for every player in the entire bench area to be out on the field jumping around?

I mean, it was neat, and I'm sure it jacked up the entire stadium, but I didn't know you could do that.

BTW, everyone that was at the game, and all of our radio crew can't stop talking about how loud the crowd was, and how awesome the atmosphere was.

no but typically the refs give the coaches a chance to get them back in line, then the coach is usually given a warning then unsportsman like conduct is given

btw I was at a bar so I didn't know the context of it but they were playing jump around and the media on twitter were saying that the pressbox was shaking and the student section broke the bleachers

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
rkell87;4774567 said:
no but typically the refs give the coaches a chance to get them back in line, then the coach is usually given a warning then unsportsman like conduct is given

LOL, I think the coaches were jumping too.

btw I was at a bar so I didn't know the context of it but they were playing jump around and the media on twitter were saying that the pressbox was shaking and the student section broke the bleachers

LOL, that's awesome!

But that's up in the stands, I was referring to the players on the field.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some a couple images I found that are Just some good fun ribbing.

x1sqN.jpg

All_the_Right_Moves_medium.gif

StylisticS

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4773204 said:
LOL. As an unbiased observer, I'm surprised you guys are so mad at Diaz. That O is almost impossible to stop, like the best offenses in college football have been the last several years. UT wasn't even expected to be that good this year, were they?

!
National Championship good? Nah. Contending for the conference championship good? Yep. We wanted to see progress. We are seeing that with Ash and the receivers. The offense is tremendously better than last year. Texas would not have scored 45 points with last year Ash throwing the ball against any defense.

What we are concerned with is Diaz. I've seen no progress with him. His schemes are terrible in this conference. Every team that has a pulse of an offense has lit him up. In 2011, Baylor, OSU, OU lit this defense up. Texas lost all three games. Two in blowout fashion. This year, the secondary (which was suppose to be the strength of the defense) has gotten worse, the linebackers (though young and we don't have Hicks) are not comfortable right now, and we're allowing 200 yards to backup running backs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hey BP. I did not see the game but I saw the score. Good job on WV. Looks like we will have to wait till next year.

Good luck the rest of the way to all of you Mountaineer fans.

:)

rkell87

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4774706 said:
LOL, I think the coaches were jumping too.

LOL, that's awesome!

But that's up in the stands, I was referring to the players on the field.

yeah the coaches were jumping except mack who I saw today after rewatching it was the one that got everybody back.

I know you were talking about the players but they reason for both is one in the same, they played jump around and the players went nuts so the fans went nuts

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4774443 said:

That happened during a TV timeout while they reviewed the fumble/score inside the WVU 5 and was quashed pretty quickly as the refs came back onto the field.

And yes, it was one of the loudest games I've been to at DKR. Before and after, we had a great time w/ WVU fans. Several commented how respectfully they were treated during their entire stay in Austin and how much the hill country around Austin reminded them of West Virginia...just w/ "smaller mountains" LOL

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4776830 said:
And yes, it was one of the loudest games I've been to at DKR. Before and after, we had a great time w/ WVU fans. Several commented how respectfully they were treated during their entire stay in Austin and how much the hill country around Austin reminded them of West Virginia...just w/ "smaller mountains" LOL

Hats off to Texas fans for rolling out the welcome mat.

That sounds very similar to the Baylor fans after their game here. One guy wrote a very nice, lengthy article about his experience in West Virginia and Morgantown, and it's out on the net.

I think that is great too, .. and the way it should be.

I hope that can continue, but I fear as things happen, wins & losses, bad calls, unfortunate losses, trash talking between fans, etc., .. I fear that it will change and rivalry's will be born and grow.

And before long it will be like most rivalry's and fans will react accordingly.

Let's hope it can stay the way it is.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4777145 said:
Hats off to Texas fans for rolling out the welcome mat.

That sounds very similar to the Baylor fans after their game here. One guy wrote a very nice, lengthy article about his experience in West Virginia and Morgantown, and it's out on the net.

I think that is great too, .. and the way it should be.

I hope that can continue, but I fear as things happen, wins & losses, bad calls, unfortunate losses, trash talking between fans, etc., .. I fear that it will change and rivalry's will be born and grow.

And before long it will be like most rivalry's and fans will react accordingly.

Let's hope it can stay the way it is.

game went about as i expected. wvu offense is simply too much for just about anyone.

ut got some offense going and made some plays on defense but wasnt going to keep geno out of the end zone.

i love this version of the big 12.
easily the best conference to watch if not just the best conference.

my techsans get wvu this week... after playing ou... life in the big 12 is not for the timid.