jimmy40;4773086 said:
NET RUSHING YDS ALLOWED
Wyoming - 69
New Mexico - 206
Ole Miss - 170
Oklahoma State - 275
West Virginia - 192

OU will go for 250

Well hello there jimmy! We'll be seeing you next week. I need some fried coca-cola and fried mac-n-cheese. Sorry about the loss today.

Here's to a good game, brother.

:cheers:

rlgiv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4773038 said:
What a great football game, .. back and forth, ties, lead changes.

Can't say enough about Texas, .. great DE's, great 3rd down defense. Solid young QB, .. strong RB.

Both coaches gambling and going for it on 4th downs.

Big plays.

And the crowd and atmosphere was awesome. Over 101,000 !!

I wish Dallas could play with the guts, determination and emotion that the kids from Texas and WV played with tonight.

Congratulatons to Dana, Geno, and the Mountaineers. (and Andrew Buie)

That was probably one of if not the biggest regular season win for WV in a long time.

I know Texas is used to this stage, but WV is not. And I'm proud of the kids to go into that hostile environment, endure the adversity and find a way to win.

I was thinking the same thing last night. That stadium was rocking. the crowd was a major part of that game. I wish The Cowboys could get half of that atmosphere in their stadium. Maybe we need a marching band and a cannon. A large Cow crapping on the field might help.

Even though we lost I think we showed well. UT is a young team and nobody really knew how well they where going to be this year. WVU is a legit team and we showed that we could hang.

This UT team is going to get better as the season goes on and next year we could be a contender for the national championship.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Zordon;4773076 said:
i miss muschamp. diaz is a fraud. mack is mack...meaning soft. muschamp was supposed to be our head coach if things went differently in the national championship game. if colt never gets hurt, i think we win that game, mack retires, and muschamp takes over, reshaping the program into a truly physical team.

This kind of answered a question that I was going to ask you Texas guys.

What do Texas fans think of Mack Brown?

He just seems like Bill Stewart when he was here. Too old for these young kids to relate to. Too soft hearted.

At halftime, he was like, .. "hey, we caught some passes, ran around a little, we blocked that kick, gave up some TD's but hey, isn't this FUN. Aren't we having fun Jen?"

Bill Stewart used to say stuff like that and I would cringe.

I have always liked Texas, heck I'm a Cowboys fan. My avatar is a Texas Ranger. I have always respected Texas Longhorn football and enjoy watching their games. Still do. My wife loves Colt McCoy. We root for Texas.

But for some reason I enjoy watching Mack Brown lose. The game seems to go on and he just watches.

Just wondering what Texas fans think of him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas;4773088 said:
Well hello there jimmy! We'll be seeing you next week. I need some fried coca-cola and fried mac-n-cheese. Sorry about the loss today.

Here's to a good game, brother.

:cheers:
what's up Dallas? Hope you guys didn't notice our defensive ends rush 10 yards upfield every play no matter what and it leaves gaping holes our worthless linebackers have no hope of filling and that Phillips is the worst safety to ever line up in a Texas' uniform. So don't tell anybody.
Here's to a good game to you too. with a 11 am start I'm sure Diaz will have his adjustments ready by about 3:30.

jimmy40

Reaction score
rlgiv;4773166 said:
I was thinking the same thing last night. That stadium was rocking. the crowd was a major part of that game. I wish The Cowboys could get half of that atmosphere in their stadium. Maybe we need a marching band and a cannon. A large Cow crapping on the field might help.

Even though we lost I think we showed well. UT is a young team and nobody really knew how well they where going to be this year. WVU is a legit team and we showed that we could hang.

This UT team is going to get better as the season goes on and next year we could be a contender for the national championship.
Think Okafur and Jeffcoat stay?

jimmy40

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4773170 said:

He just seems like Bill Stewart when he was here. Too old for these young kids to relate to. Too soft hearted.

At halftime, he was like, .. "hey, we caught some passes, ran around a little, we blocked that kick, gave up some TD's but hey, isn't this FUN. Aren't we having fun Jen?"

I have always liked Texas, heck I'm a Cowboys fan. My avatar is a Texas Ranger. I have always respected Texas Longhorn football and enjoy watching their games. Still do. My wife loves Colt McCoy. We root for Texas.

But for some reason I enjoy watching Mack Brown lose. The game seems to go on and he just watches.

He hired an offensive coord from Boise then decided to go to a yard and a half and a cloud of dust offense with no Oline and a defensive coord that thinks he's playing Madden. I love Mack and what he did for the program but I feel the same way I did with Landry about '87. Time for a change.

Reaction score
Mack Brown is the biggest ******bag of a head coach in NCAA football. He's never going to step down while he's making(notice I didn't say earning) $5 million a year. As previously mentioned, he screwed our program when he didn't take over the AD position for DeLoss Dodd and hand the reigns to Will Muschamp, a guy who knows how to coach elite defenses, unlike Granny Diaz. I went to the game last night, and WVs running back(Biue ?) had holes to run through as wide as when Moses parted the Red Sea to lead the Isrealites to the promised land. Until Diaz and apologist Mack Brown are gone, the Horns will fight an uphill battle to overcome their horrible coaching. Still, I think they rebound next week and win the Red River Shootout in Dallas. Here's hoping for a good game.

MC KAos

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4773170 said:

i love mack brown as a person, he is super nice. i met him once at the which wich on guadalupe, super humble and super nice. a friend of mine told him about a disruptive guy in his history class that was on the team, he asked for his name, and my friend said that kid was never disruptive in class again!

having said that, i think mack's time has come and gone. unfortunately, he wont ever be fired. We get WAY too good talent to be going 5-7 consistently, so he wont have terrible enough teams to call for it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL. As an unbiased observer, I'm surprised you guys are so mad at Diaz. That O is almost impossible to stop, like the best offenses in college football have been the last several years. UT wasn't even expected to be that good this year, were they?

And I dunno, that game made me think that WV might not be all that. I thought they'd kill Texas... Or should have if they were really a top 2-3 team as a lot of people think.

I said after the first week when OU was, what 3 in the country that UT would beat them this year. Still think that's likely, though if OU plays its best, maybe not. Still say OU is disappointing and if I were an OU fan I'd be pretty upset that we weren't better.

But hey guys, is anyone else loving this new Fox Big 12 Saturday Night game? I think it's absolutely awesome. You have a national prime time game done by a big time network with great announcers, studio talk, everything. It's almost like CBS is to the SEC and in time is really going to raise the level of the Big 12 nationally. Great stuff!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4773204 said:
LOL. As an unbiased observer, I'm surprised you guys are so mad at Diaz. That O is almost impossible to stop, like the best offenses in college football have been the last several years. UT wasn't even expected to be that good this year, were they?

And I dunno, that game made me think that WV might not be all that. I thought they'd kill Texas... Or should have if they were really a top 2-3 team as a lot of people think.

I said after the first week when OU was, what 3 in the country that UT would beat them this year. Still think that's likely, though if OU plays its best, maybe not. Still say OU is disappointing and if I were an OU fan I'd be pretty upset that we weren't better.

But hey guys, is anyone else loving this new Fox Big 12 Saturday Night game? I think it's absolutely awesome. You have a national prime time game done by a big time network with great announcers, studio talk, everything. It's almost like CBS is to the SEC and in time is really going to raise the level of the Big 12 nationally. Great stuff!
Lab do you work for Fox?????????
great announcers? When Texas blocked the field goal and the ball was rolling backwards the play by play guy said "it may have been blocked". really, ya think? and Gus Johnson. Gus Johnson? meh. Studio talk? Erin Andrews is horrible and her voice is irritating to say the least and Eddie George and Joey Harrington are the suck. I feel like your pulling our leg.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Haha, no, I'm not. And I'm not even a big Gus Johnson fan either, but tons of people are.

Hey, you have to admit it's better than being of Fox SW, or ESPN 2, or FX, wherever it would have been in the past. I'm just glad it's on a national over the air network to reach more people. Plus I get a little tired of the ESPN near-monopoly.

And complaining about Erin Andrews because of her voice... Maybe you're pulling my leg now. ;)

RS12

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4773204 said:

Charles Davis already one of my favorite analysts.

RS12

Reaction score
jimmy40;4773173 said:
Think Okafur and Jeffcoat stay?

Welp, they can either put money in the university's coffers or their own, tough decision.;)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
First...HUGE, huge congrats to WVU and Geno Smith! I'm behind them all the way (until next year that is ;)), to go on and run the table and take the the Big XII title. Smith is just awesome and has an incredibly strong arm, with one of the quickest releases

Second...I can't be overly disappointed in the Horns. They had their chance to win, pretty much went blow-for-blow w/ WVU's offense and despite the defensive miscues, gave a showing I can live with. Love Harsin's O, and so impressed w/ David Ash's maturation from last year to present.

Lastly...What a GREAT atmosphere to be a part or last night! Flew down spur-of-the-moment Fri evening w/ 3 classmates. Invaded "Ol' Mother Hubbard's" guestrooms, unannounced. Then headed to downtown for a late dinner, the obligatory stroll on 6th, then around campus. Thankfully, nobody beach-bombed us. :p:

Found "reasonably priced" tickets at the eTx tailgater Sat afternoon, although not all together. Arguably, one of the top-10 game experiences I've been lucky enough to attend.

HOOK 'EM! Bring on the Sooners.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
BTW...Some may know this, but #37 carrying the US Flag 1st out of the tunnel, is 31-year-old soph Nate Boyer, deep snapper and DB.

Former Army Special Forces Green Beret and Bronze Star recipient.

You can read his story here.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
that was a fun game to watch.....too bad Texas lost.

We had our chances.....but in the end WVU was just too much. i have to give credit to the Mountaineers for the win.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
MC KAos;4773194 said:
i love mack brown as a person, he is super nice. i met him once at the which wich on guadalupe, super humble and super nice.

Oh, I can tell that he is a great guy, I didn't mean to insinuate that I didn't like him.

That's how we all felt about Bill Stewart. Great guy, wonderful person, great husband, father and grandpa.

Just didn't cut it as a head coach in major college football.

Starting to see that Holgorsen is going to be a real good college head coach. Hope we can keep him here. He is said to be building a house here. Which he never did anywhere else. Doesn't mean he will stay, but I think if he finds he can recruit kids to Morgantown, he will stay.

His offensive mind is really innovative and fun to watch.

Ouf defense is still built with kids suited for the 3-3-5 stack. We changed defenses this year. So once he can recruit the kids he wants on defense it will get better.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
jimmy40;4773176 said:
He hired an offensive coord from Boise then decided to go to a yard and a half and a cloud of dust offense with no Oline

You're insane if you think that offense is 3 yards and a cloud of dust. There are something like 20-30 player personnel packages. They have players that are listed as RB/WR. They have a true freshman running the wildcat. They have a soph QB that went from couldn't hit the broadside of a barn last year, to the 2nd rated passing efficiency in the country this one.

Gimmie a break dude!