WWE Battleground Prediction Thread - Winners Bolded

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
LOL!

Yeah.

And now they have 80-yo wrestler who wrestles about 4 times a year now as the "big" challenger for Lesner.

which is still 2 times more than Brock wrestles right? He may show up more but he rarely ever wrestles either.

Snarky I know but Brock is pretty much in the same category.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
they make any championship meaningless if they reward them to guys that are almost never there IMO.

And to give that belt to Brock is just wrong.

At least SETH wrestles his *** off every week. Brock watches most shows in his Lazy Boy.

So what they're going to do is he'll be there to promote this next PPV against Taker and after that is over he'll disappear for 6 months.

And make millions! Must be nice.

jrumann59

Reaction score
they make any championship meaningless if they reward them to guys that are almost never there IMO.

And to give that belt to Brock is just wrong.

At least SETH wrestles his *** off every week. Brock watches most shows in his Lazy Boy.

So what they're going to do is he'll be there to promote this next PPV against Taker and after that is over he'll disappear for 6 months.

And make millions! Must be nice.

One reason why I like Cena, love his schtick or hate it but he is there day in day out. If there was another promotion for him to go to I am sure he would have left after that farce of match he had with lesnar.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
One reason why I like Cena, love his schtick or hate it but he is there day in day out. If there was another promotion for him to go to I am sure he would have left after that farce of match he had with lesnar.

Hate his shtick...fast forward thru most of it because I just don't like him.

He is there every week though & does all that publicity stuff. So yes there is that. He's a super hardworking guy.

I don't mind them bringing back guys that were there for years. Fans loved them & there is fun in that just NO PART TIME CHAMPIONS.

It's all macho soap opera anyway but Brock holding any belt is just wrong.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Hate his shtick...fast forward thru most of it because I just don't like him.

He is there every week though & does all that publicity stuff. So yes there is that. He's a super hardworking guy.

I don't mind them bringing back guys that were there for years. Fans loved them & there is fun in that just NO PART TIME CHAMPIONS.

It's all macho soap opera anyway but Brock holding any belt is just wrong.

Personally I think the Champ should defend his belt a minimum of 24 times a year, once month on TV and now once a month on PPV

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I think the Champ should defend his belt a minimum of 24 times a year, once month on TV and now once a month on PPV

NWA Champions use to wrestle 300+ times a year. Even in the AWA and WWWF those champions wrestled a couple hundred times per year.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
the facts you guys quoted about defending belts is exactly why Brock's name should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence.

He doesn't deserve it.

I kinda get the feeling he couldn't handle wrestling every week physically.

He looks like he's ready to stroke out every match he does do.

but they are smart..they trot him out every5 months or whatever,stencil his name on a tshirt, have him do his rage act & they all make millions.

jrumann59

Reaction score
NWA Champions use to wrestle 300+ times a year. Even in the AWA and WWWF those champions wrestled a couple hundred times per year.

Yes but very seldom were belts really dropped at "small" venues. Back in the 80's and 90's WWE champs was more a marketing position, you got the belt but you wrestled very little and did publicity things but now it is true 300+ day job and it is unfair for when the likes of The Rock, Brock, Taker or whoever shows up and gets a shot at the belt.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but very seldom were belts really dropped at "small" venues. Back in the 80's and 90's WWE champs was more a marketing position, you got the belt but you wrestled very little and did publicity things but now it is true 300+ day job and it is unfair for when the likes of The Rock, Brock, Taker or whoever shows up and gets a shot at the belt.

Agreed.

And that's part of the reason why the perception of being champion is much less meaningful today.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Agreed.

And that's part of the reason why the perception of being champion is much less meaningful today.

That & the fact they have written Seth to make like he's scared of everyone on the roster. It's just silly. He's so much better than that. And I bet it probably makes him shake his head when they hand him his lines.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That & the fact they have written Seth to make like he's scared of everyone on the roster.

What I don't like is the way WWE Creative has Rollins keeping the belt by winning championship matches without clean finishes.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I don't like is the way WWE Creative has Rollins keeping the belt by winning championship matches without clean finishes.

This. All. Day. Long.

There's a big difference between the champion making the contender appear as though he can win the belt and beating him cleanly and the champion making the contender appear as though he can when and then cheating him out of the title.

The first makes the contender look worthy but allows the champion to be a champion.

What the WWE creative team & Vince accomplishes now is make the champion look weak and undeserving of the belt.

I don't see that being helpful to the WWE.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
UT looks alot better to me than he did at that WM match!

Best gimmick & entrance EVER!

He looks mean as hell...I bet in his heyday he was totally badass.