WWE News: John Cena Confirms That He Will Never Turn Heel

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, during 1997, even though Sting did not wrestle, just showed up and kicked *** in fights, WCW actually got higher ratings than the WWF mainly due to Sing and the nWo

Man those were the days. I will admit I was a WCW not a WWF guy because I was a NWA guy. I lived for Nitro and the Monday night was that ensued. Bash at the Beach was simply awesome. Also need to mention Goldberg. Even my wife knew who that was. When his music hit, I would test the TV speakers every single time.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Sting looks totally badass in that black with that makeup. Great gimmick!

I still cannot believe how loud the fans were.

CashMan

Reaction score
Man those were the days. I will admit I was a WCW not a WWF guy because I was a NWA guy. I lived for Nitro and the Monday night was that ensued. Bash at the Beach was simply awesome. Also need to mention Goldberg. Even my wife knew who that was. When his music hit, I would test the TV speakers every single time.

Me too!

I think on of the main problems, WCW had was EVERYONE was in the NWO. Like, who cared about Brian Adams, Virgil, or Scott Norton!?!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think on of the main problems, WCW had was EVERYONE was in the NWO. Like, who cared about Brian Adams, Virgil, or Scott Norton!?!

The NWO black and white had far to many guys. That is why I was a NWO red and black wolfpac fan. Don't turn your back on the solfpac you might wind up in a body bag. It was just - too sweet!

Poor quality video but just one week after Sting joined the Wolfpac:

CashMan

Reaction score
The NWO black and white had far to many guys. That is why I was a NWO red and black wolfpac fan. Don't turn your back on the solfpac you might wind up in a body bag. It was just - too sweet!

Sting, still is my favorite. He looked AWESOME in the red and black.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

I was a huge NWO Wolfpac guy!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
To Sting's credit he has stayed in amazing condition.

Yep.....however didn't he have to wear a t-shirt his last few matches at TNA? I haven't seen any of his TNA matches but many said he wasn't in great shape. Now he looks to be in great shape and I really think that's because he'll be wrestling in the WWE.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

During the Monday Night Wars I was 100% WCW. I loved Sting, The Wolfpac, Goldberg, DDP, and so on. I was never a Stone Cold guy and I liked The Rock but personally liked WCW much better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
During the Monday Night Wars I was 100% WCW. I loved Sting, The Wolfpac, Goldberg, DDP, and so on. I was never a Stone Cold guy and I liked The Rock but personally liked WCW much better.

I actually had a chance to meet DDP in the Atlanta airport a few years ago. My wife and I were standing outside out gate just people watching and here he comes walking by. I instantly pointed and said "There's DDP!" and he heard me and came over. We talked for a few minutes and he seemed like a real nice guy. I was surprised at the time he took to just chat. Another thing that surprised me is his size. Dude isn't nearly as big as I thought. I would have expected him to be bigger but would guess he stands under 6' tall.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see only 3 names on active WWE roster in Rhodes, Goldust and only 1 in the top 20 in Orton. That is pretty sad.

WWE.com lists the top 25 Intercontinental Champions of all time

By Sean Rueter
3 hours ago

Monday will mark the 35th anniversary of Pat Patterson becoming the inaugural Intercontinental Champion. In kayfabe, he unified his WWF North American Heavyweight belt with a South American one in a tournament in Brazil. In reality, that tournament never happened...

Pro wrestling, everybody!

Since 1979, 72 wrestlers (71 men and one woman) have held the IC title. WWE.com is getting a head start on celebrating its birthday with their list of the 25 best Intercontinental Champions of all time.

Check it out and see where you agree, disagree or flat out can't even deal with it!

25. Shelton Benjamin
24. Cody Rhodes
23. Stone Cold Steve Austin
22. Jeff Hardy
21. Goldust
20. Jeff Jarrett
19. The Rock
18. Edge
17. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
16. Triple H
15. Rob Van Dam
14. Don Muraco
13. Shawn Michaels
12. Pat Patterson
11. Rick Rude
10. Tito Santana
9. Randy Orton
8. Pedro Morales
7. Bret Hart
6. Razor Ramon
5. The Honky Tonk Man
4. Mr. Perfect
3. Ultimate Warrior
2. Chris Jericho
1. Randy Savage

Maybe Creative will look at this list, realize how few of these names had runs with the IC title in the 21st century and decide it really is time to build up the mid-card and secondary titles again?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wwe-com-lists-top-25-172452072.html