WWE News: John Cena Confirms That He Will Never Turn Heel

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hogan turned heel in May of 1996, within that year and a half between Bash at the Beach and Starcade, he lost to Piper, he lost a tag match to to Luger and the Giant, where he submitted, he lost to Luger in a title match, he lost to Piper again in a non-title match, then at Starcade, he lost the title to Sting.

Not to mention, for almost that entire time period Hogan and the now put Sting so ridiculously over. He routinely took out the entire faction single handidly, so may times that you could argue after Starcade, he was the biggest name in the business.

The angle did help Sting because of the way WCW booked him to be the franchise and the only person who could beat up on the nWo.

But if you think 5 match losses in a 18 month period (5 big time match losses anyway) is some how Hogan doing a great job of putting people over that's really not accurate. Especially when you factor in that 3 of those losses were to Sting and Piper, guys who were already made and huge stars. So he wasn't really putting anyone over.

Luger was already an established name as well, just not to the level of Sting or Piper. So really only 1 significant putting over of someone and that was Show (as The Giant) and that was only in a tag team match. He didn't really put anyone over in WCW, that could use it, until he lost the belt to Goldberg.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Of course.

Wash rinse repeat with Cena.

Surely unless he is a total blockhead he can understand why he gets booed. I almost think though that he must have a huge ego to do some of the stupid stuff he does. Maybe he himself buys into his act. He seems too.

Why Bray though? Why bury him? He has a huge following. He's great at talking & for a chubby boy he is a great wrestler. I don't understand this. It HAS to be that they have no competition & simply throw anything out there.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Surely unless he is a total blockhead he can understand why he gets booed. I almost think though that he must have a huge ego to do some of the stupid stuff he does. Maybe he himself buys into his act. He seems too.

Why Bray though? Why bury him? He has a huge following. He's great at talking & for a chubby boy he is a great wrestler. I don't understand this. It HAS to be that they have no competition & simply throw anything out there.

I think some of it is that Cena has a large ego but I know that the guy realizes why he's booed because he comments on it all the time in promos.

And that's how stupid WWE can be. Wyatt doesn't look like a typical WWE main event star so it's not surprising that they'll do something stupid to try and bury him and ruin what could be the best heel they've had since Punk. Wyatt is awesome and my favorite part of the show now.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The angle did help Sting because of the way WCW booked him to be the franchise and the only person who could beat up on the nWo.

But if you think 5 match losses in a 18 month period (5 big time match losses anyway) is some how Hogan doing a great job of putting people over that's really not accurate. Especially when you factor in that 3 of those losses were to Sting and Piper, guys who were already made and huge stars. So he wasn't really putting anyone over.

Luger was already an established name as well, just not to the level of Sting or Piper. So really only 1 significant putting over of someone and that was Show (as The Giant) and that was only in a tag team match. He didn't really put anyone over in WCW, that could use it, until he lost the belt to Goldberg.

He didn't wrestle that much, during that same span, I doubt he won 5 matches. And fwiw, at that point, Piper was irrelevant. It had been years since he was a main event star and if Hogan didn't put him over at Starcade, he wouldn't have had that late 90s resurgence. And you can disagree, but imo, Sting went to a whole new status after the nwo angle. Look at the commercials for WWE 2k15, they are using his look from that time, as well as his theme music from that time in the commercials.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see they sacrificed Bray & his boys & made them look weak as kittens to pump up Super Cena last night.
The business side of WWE is what that was all about. They are trying to pump up Cena as a legit contender for Lesner. Expect to see much more of the same between now and Night Of Champions. That actually sounds sickening.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I used to be a huge WWF fan until I was about 15. I wouldn't even think about anything else for like 10 years of my life. Anyway, so I stopped watch it about 13 years ago, before the social media era, and I never remembered wrestlers "breaking the fourth wall" like this. I never heard a wrestler breaking character and openly acknowledging the scripting of professional wrestling. I'd imagine I'd have been a bit disappointed if that happened back when I was a fan.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think some of it is that Cena has a large ego but I know that the guy realizes why he's booed because he comments on it all the time in promos.

And that's how stupid WWE can be. Wyatt doesn't look like a typical WWE main event star so it's not surprising that they'll do something stupid to try and bury him and ruin what could be the best heel they've had since Punk. Wyatt is awesome and my favorite part of the show now.

I will lose most of my interest if they mess up the Wyatt stuff.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The business side of WWE is what that was all about. They are trying to pump up Cena as a legit contender for Lesner. Expect to see much more of the same between now and Night Of Champions. That actually sounds sickening.

I mute anything Lesnar. I'm about to that point with Cena.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He didn't wrestle that much, during that same span, I doubt he won 5 matches. And fwiw, at that point, Piper was irrelevant. It had been years since he was a main event star and if Hogan didn't put him over at Starcade, he wouldn't have had that late 90s resurgence. And you can disagree, but imo, Sting went to a whole new status after the nwo angle. Look at the commercials for WWE 2k15, they are using his look from that time, as well as his theme music from that time in the commercials.

We will just agree to disagree. Hogan doesn't put over new stars really. He never has. It's always been his deal. He will 'put over' established guys and even then it's really not that big of a deal. It matters not that Piper was no longer a big time player, he was a part time wrestler so of course he wasn't a big time player. Hogan only allowed Piper to win because Piper was a big time name.

Hogan is well known for refusing to put people over, especially for refusing to put people over cleanly. It's why he's not the most liked dude when it comes to their business. Of course it's also why Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We will just agree to disagree. Hogan doesn't put over new stars really. He never has. It's always been his deal. He will 'put over' established guys and even then it's really not that big of a deal. It matters not that Piper was no longer a big time player, he was a part time wrestler so of course he wasn't a big time player. Hogan only allowed Piper to win because Piper was a big time name.

Hogan is well known for refusing to put people over, especially for refusing to put people over cleanly. It's why he's not the most liked dude when it comes to their business. Of course it's also why Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan.

My argument isn't so much that Hogan puts over new stars, just he clearly puts people over. Maybe not in his first WWF run, or I should say, maybe not as much as he should have, but he does. As far as his heel turn, which was what I responded to, he didn't face any new and up and coming stars. WCW was entirely reliant on established stars during this period. The only exception was really Bill Goldberg, who.....Hogan lost to cleanly

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I already don't watch at all because they've messed the Wyatt stuff up.

You know what I can already see coming? Those 2 guys getting the tag belts. Golddust & the other one.

They must pay them a lot of money to act so stupid.

I had hope the Wyatt guys would win but I'm thinking not anymore.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You know what I can already see coming? Those 2 guys getting the tag belts. Golddust & the other one.

They must pay them a lot of money to act so stupid.

I had hope the Wyatt guys would win but I'm thinking not anymore.

Yeah it's going to go back to Dustin and Cody (Golddust and Stardust). They're brothers, the sons of Dusty Rhodes, who works backstage for the WWE. They're good performers, especially Stardust (Cody) but yeah the ship has set sell on the Wyatt guys. They're not going to get those belts. They're going to wind up squashed entirely out of the WWE before too long.

They'll keep Bray around, by himself, but they've done their best to absolutely ruin what could have been HUGE.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think that Stardust is so dumb.

You guys told me about Sting. He wears makeup right?

Does he act as silly as those guys?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think that Stardust is so dumb.

You guys told me about Sting. He wears makeup right?

Does he act as silly as those guys?

No. Totally different type of character all together.

I actually like the Stardust thing myself. I think Cody Rhodes pulls it off perfectly and I actually think he's more entertaining in that gimmick than Dustin has ever been as Golddust.

Cody has a whole lot of his fathers qualities in him and one of those is obviously that even if they handle him a goofy gimmick he can take it and make it work.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
No. Totally different type of character all together.

I actually like the Stardust thing myself. I think Cody Rhodes pulls it off perfectly and I actually think he's more entertaining in that gimmick than Dustin has ever been as Golddust.

Cody has a whole lot of his fathers qualities in him and one of those is obviously that even if they handle him a goofy gimmick he can take it and make it work.

They are way too silly for me.

And they need to bring that Sting guy on ASAP.