Xavier Su'a-Filo Start over Connor

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dude your post says , I was wrong and I can’t eat my own crow.

There is reason Dallas started winning and he was a good contributor.

What was I wrong about? What should I be eating crow about?

I wasn’t hating on Xavier. Just saying he is a back-up level player. Which he is.

There are reasons the cowboys started winning.

Reason #1 is Amari Cooper.

superonyx

Reaction score
Lol this is your reply?

I'm not going to show plays of 2hich he wasn't going against Cox, whichr was the topic? You can't even understand that.

This is a horrible post, delete it while you can. HURRY!!!
So why not just say you dont have any videos of him against Cox.
That would be less humiliating that posting garbage videos that have nothing to do with Cox as some proof of something. Heck I think Cox had a sack. Not sure against who but look for that and stop peddling lazy efforts off on us and beating your chest while pretending you just proved something.

Not your best day (I hope).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So why not just say you dont have any videos of him against Cox.
That would be less humiliating that posting garbage videos that have nothing to do with Cox as some proof of something. Heck I think Cox had a sack. Not sure against who but look for that and stop peddling lazy efforts off on us and beating your chest while pretending you just proved something.

Not your best day (I hope).

I just gave you two videos of him against Cox? Lmao. THIS ISNT AS HARD AS YOURE MAKING IT.

Don't think we all didn't notice you tuck your tail and run at William's starting 15/18 active games. We all noticed :muttley:

You'll get better at this, I hope!

superonyx

Reaction score
I just gave you two videos of him against Cox? Lmao. THIS ISNT AS HARD AS YOURE MAKING IT.

Don't think we all didn't notice you tuck your tail and run at William's starting 15/18 active games. We all noticed :muttley:

You'll get better at this, I hope!
Wait. Xavier started 8 games and Williams started 15? I'm no mathematician but when did 15+8= 18?

Your videos didnt show anything to do with Cox.
You showed a video of Xavier tripping and nothing else.
Like really tried to pass this off as proof of something? What were you proving? That your bad at this?

This is how bad you are at this. I am supposedly on the other side of the debate and I have a video showing Cox run over Xavier and Zeke to record a sack.
Your lazy *** can't even find it or post it. Instead you post a giant nothing burger and pretend you made some point.

Did you even watch the videos before you posted them?

I can't remember seeing a fail like this around here in a while.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wait. Xavier started 8 games and Williams started 15? I'm no mathematician but when did 15+8= 18?

Like really tried to pass this off as proof of something? What were you proving? That your bad at this?

This is how bad you are at this. I am supposedly on the other side of the debate and I have a video showing Cox run over Xavier and Zeke to record a sack.
Your lazy *** can't even find it or post it. Instead you post a giant nothing burger and pretend you made some point.

I don't think anyone would mistake you for a mathematician. I guess you don't remember the two games of Martin being out. I'm not surprised. But at least you tried to acknowledge it this time:muttley:

Tripping shows lack of footwork and he whiffed on the second video entirely. I guess you can't see that there are two videos. Wouldn't really surprise anyone.

Again DELETE YOUR POSTS WHILE YOU CAN!!!

You are digging yourself even deeper.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Connor started in 10 regular season games. He played in 13 games. He started the two playoff games.

Zack Martin misses two games. So 2
Games both Connor Xavier started.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Matt Leinart started over Kurt Warner. Warner sat the bench while Leinart struggled. When Warner finally got a chance he led the Cards to a superbowl.

Explain that one.

Are you tired of getting beaten yet? Do you need some more?
you thought it was game of win or lose..wow I feel for ya.. :laugh::lmao::thumbup:its the internet bro you nor I have zero input on who plays and this is NOT a contest..do we need a sanctioned debate section where viewers vote on who won or lost a debate..truly sad bro..:popcorn::oldcouple:

lol not even sure what you are talking about last I checked Warner got his start being with the Rams 2nd team , starter got hurt Kurt got the job and never looked back.. he then went to the NYG and laid a big phat EGG, yes when he got to the Cards they still saw him as the Giants failure and earned his job back..point? he was horrendous with the giants period and dont blame the cards for trying Warner over him, Warner looked washed up and finished just like Foles but they got their chance..

next..OMG dude give it up they do not purposely give positions away in the nfl just because where you were picked.. case in point Taco they have high hopes for him a nd keep him around but hes not starting over Fas and other rookies etc just because he was picked in the first round.. yes more chances and NO they dont just play you by where you were picked..Even guys like Rogers had to wait until Farve decided to go and finally forced out.. Romo won the job and was UDFA, the coaches get it figured out but it is what it is and no matter how much you kick and scream, Cwill will start and he deserve sit in most eyes, not handed it....unfinished product but improving and not playing bad just working to get even better..

cern

Reaction score
being beaten by fletcher cox in your rookie season is hardly a condemnation. cox is one of the leagues best. i'd prefer to see what happens this year regarding Williams, not rehashing tape of him last year. aikman started 1-15 his rookie year and the victory was at the hands of steve walsh.

superonyx

Reaction score
Connor started in 10 regular season games. He played in 13 games. He started the two playoff games.

Zack Martin misses two games. So 2
Games both Connor Xavier started.
I gave you a like for responding like a grown up.
I already knew this. I am just having fun with this kid who is awful at posting a video pretending it makes his point meanwhile real videos are available on youtube that would do a much better job of making the point he is struggling to make.

Fun times at the zone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yet when he took C Williams job he didnt give it back.
Connor was handed it back because he was drafted early and thats what happens in the nfl.

That's not quite how it worked. When Su'a-Filo took over for Williams, he was the better run blocker and it showed, so Williams didn't get his job back until Su'a-Filo got hurt since Williams wasn't doing any better as a pass blocker and Williams stepped back in and showed improvement, relegating Su'a-Filo when he was healthy back to reserve.

Dallas understood Su'a-Filo's flaws when the team brought him in. He had failed in Houston because of he allows himself to get thrown off balance in pass protection. Williams is a technically sound player, which means he put himself in the right position even if he couldn't hold his ground against power rushers. If Su'a-Filo had been killing it as a pass protector, Williams would have not gotten his job back. He'd probably be competing with Collins to be the starting right tackle now.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
you thought it was game of win or lose..wow I feel for ya.. :laugh::lmao::thumbup:its the internet bro you nor I have zero input on who plays and this is NOT a contest..do we need a sanctioned debate section where viewers vote on who won or lost a debate..truly sad bro..:popcorn::oldcouple:

lol not even sure what you are talking about last I checked Warner got his start being with the Rams 2nd team , starter got hurt Kurt got the job and never looked back.. he then went to the NYG and laid a big phat EGG, yes when he got to the Cards they still saw him as the Giants failure and earned his job back..point? he was horrendous with the giants period and dont blame the cards for trying Warner over him, Warner looked washed up and finished just like Foles but they got their chance..

next..OMG dude give it up they do not purposely give positions away in the nfl just because where you were picked.. case in point Taco they have high hopes for him a nd keep him around but hes not starting over Fas and other rookies etc just because he was picked in the first round.. yes more chances and NO they dont just play you by where you were picked..Even guys like Rogers had to wait until Farve decided to go and finally forced out.. Romo won the job and was UDFA, the coaches get it figured out but it is what it is and no matter how much you kick and scream, Cwill will start and he deserve sit in most eyes, not handed it....unfinished product but improving and not playing bad just working to get even better..
At no point was Matt Leinart better than Curt Warner. He never earned the job on the field. He was handed it because of where they drafted him.

You don't have to like it but its just a fact. A fact that is well know. It's weird that you are fighting so hard against what is common knowledge. No rookie has earned a starting spot right out of the gate. Unless one comes into camp and preseason and just puts on a show then the job they have has been handed to them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I agree with what you said. Spot on.

But was Connor Williams is the opposite player. Good feet who can't move guys in run blocking. Gets beat by power.
Sua-Filo gave up 6 sacks and committed 1 penalty.
Connor gave up 4.5 sacks and committed 5 penalties.
A penalty called on an offensive lineman is close to a sack. Drive killer stuff.

I doubt anyone is begging for Sua-Filo. They are just seeing Connor for what he is or has shown.

If Sua-Filo is an upgrade in the run game and in pass protection is close to Williams or even inferior then its still something to consider.

I wish Connor was better so we are not debating him vs street free agents. Or do the right thing and move him to Tackle were he has the footwork and strength to push DE's and OLBs instead of jamming up the gaps with DT's.

I tried to pay close attention to Williams throughout last season and the injury actually did him some good. It allowed him time to look at what he needed to do to not get pushed around as much. He was a better player when he was reinserted back into the lineup because of injuries to Martin and Su'a-Filo. I'm not sure how much the added weight is going to affect his play this year, but hopefully we'll see progress just from another year playing the game.

Right now, if our best option at guard is Su'a-Filo, then we're in trouble because that left guard spot was our weak link last year whether it was Williams or Su'a-Filo out there. If Williams can progress to the point where that's not the case, then our line can be a strength again. If not, then that move to right tackle may be the best thing for him and us. I wouldn't move him, though, until we have someone better than Su'a-Filo to play left guard. I don't know if Looney could have as much success there as he did at the more-protected center spot or if Connor McGovern will be good enough if he can ever heal up and get on the field.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lol so much for Connor feet

Connor got thrown to the ground like a ragdoll on that TD. Never have I seen a player have more excuses offered for him while others get the "bust" label thrown out almost immediately. Look at how Trysten Hill even has that word thrown around and Taco got it early too. Heck, even DLaw had a bust label early on. All I ever heard for Connor last year is, "well once he gets more weight on him ..." and on and on and on while Dak was getting harassed early last year because of him.

Dude must be a mobster. I'm going to start calling him "The Teflon Con(nor)"
Dual meaning.

Reaction score
I don't get the knock on Williams. He was told to get bigger & stronger over the off season, & he did just that. I watched him every play in slow mo on the first drive & he dominated his man every play. Guys get a bad attitude from his play last year & don't even pay attention to his play now. I think he's one of the most improved players on this team.

superonyx

Reaction score
Connor got thrown to the ground like a ragdoll on that TD. Never have I seen a player have more excuses offered for him while others get the "bust" label thrown out almost immediately. Look at how Trysten Hill even has that word thrown around and Taco got it early too. Heck, even DLaw had a bust label early on. All I ever heard for Connor last year is, "well once he gets more weight on him ..." and on and on and on while Dak was getting harassed early last year because of him.

Dude must be a mobster. I'm going to start calling him "The Teflon Con(nor)"
Dual meaning.
Haha.. He does have a very active apologist group around here.
The truth is none of us dislike this man. We all want him to turn into the Z Martin of the left side.
I haven't heard anyone say he will never amount to anything or that he doesn't ever make a block. We all see potential in some forms.
But their is no doubt that today Connor Williams in the weak link on our offensive line.

You nailed it though. So many fans are so quick to label every other guy a bust while jumping to Connors defense at every chance they get. Whats that about? Why the double standard?

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't get the knock on Williams. He was told to get bigger & stronger over the off season, & he did just that. I watched him every play in slow mo on the first drive & he dominated his man every play. Guys get a bad attitude from his play last year & don't even pay attention to his play now. I think he's one of the most improved players on this team.
Wait. You watched every play in slow mo and you really are telling us he dominated his man on every play? Even the TD play where he got ragdolled? Where the 2nd team DT tossed him aside and laid a lit on our RB in the backfield?

Reaction score
Wait. You watched every play in slow mo and you really are telling us he dominated his man on every play? Even the TD play where he got ragdolled? Where the 2nd team DT tossed him aside and laid a lit on our RB in the backfield?
If that happened, it wasn't on the initial drive-which is what I was talking about. Also, he gets to the second level as well as anyone on the line.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lol so much for Connor feet

This is the concern I still have for him in run blocking, and I pointed it out in my analysis from the first preseason game. His initial positioning is good, but he still lets defenders fight off the block to make the play. On this play, he needed to pin the DT either to his left or right. He ended up doing neither as the DT controlled the movement then ripped free to have a shot at making the play.

Against San Fran, one of the plays I pointed out was him getting to the second level in good position to pin a linebacker to the outside, which would have set up Pollard for a big play. The linebacker did the same thing as this DT, ripping free to come back to the inside and, in that case, make the play. Williams doesn't get outquicked on either play, but he does get outmuscled. Now, the difference from early last year is that he's getting outmuscled at least a few yards downfield instead of at the line of scrimmage, which may be an indication of improved strength.