Xavier Woods signs with the Vikings

Cowfan75

Reaction score
There should be no problem with someone like Crawford who have it his all every play. It’s the coaches fault for playing him and not finding a suitable replacement.

If he gave it his all every play, then he is even worse than I give him credit for. Better that I think he just mailed it in most of the time.

Redline360

Reaction score
Good riddance...

Now watch him succeed under new coaching. Wouldn't suprise me but he's just a cheap insurance policy at this point

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Woods played much better in 2019 than 2020.

There were a lot of players on defense that underperformed though. Chido, Brown and Lewis were whiffing tackles and blowing assignments too. Smith and LVE took huge steps back.

I guess Woods performance was the worst of that dumpster. He had to go.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Woods played much better in 2019 than 2020.

There were a lot of players on defense that underperformed though. Chido, Brown and Lewis were whiffing tackles and blowing assignments too. Smith and LVE took huge steps back.

I guess Woods performance was the worst of that dumpster. He had to go.

too many long TD passes...right up the middle of the defense.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Yes, smoke them if you have them! We all speculated prior to fa that one of the fa's was going to return, where Woods was probably the one kept. His play totally fell off a cliff last season and then those don't try comments, it's was time to move on. He was a player that the front office kept on saying his breakout was coming, but never did. He was the reason why they passed on Thornhill cause they thought they needed more of a strong safety.
What you said at the start is what gets me. You're absolutely right about his play and then those comments. The front office tried to look tough by cutting guys midseason. However, most were the new guys while allowing guys like woods who were playing just as bad to stay.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What you said at the start is what gets me. You're absolutely right about his play and then those comments. The front office tried to look tough by cutting guys midseason. However, most were the new guys while allowing guys like woods who were playing just as bad to stay.
They just didn't have anyone behind Woods to let him go.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Those comments he made in the media about effort sure didnt help.

I thought he was done here. Thought the Cowboys would have signed you or me to play FS before bringing him back
i was getting worried they would because he was cheap. glad that is off the table now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Being rid of Xavier, and signing 3 DBs,,, IDK how this will work out, but at least the odds are stacked in our favor of improvement.
Its a step in the right direction hands down.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might have a high upside for that team and that scheme. Good luck to him.