Xbox One

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dumbest thing I've seen so far is the name.

Looks pretty good. At least they could show you what it looks like. Also some pretty good looking features.

Still hoping to see a couple of extra other things shake out.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It is rumored that the next-generation Xbox 1 device will come with an AMD system-on-a-chip codenamed “Jaguar,” a user interface similar to Windows 8 and a price point set between $300 and $500. With all the features it has, though, it might be on the higher side.

The PS4, on the other hand, will reportedly be costing in the $400+ range, a price which would be cheaper than its PS3 predecessor on launch, a point that is absolutely critical.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/4...e-how-much-can-you-expect-to-pay-for-new-xbox

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Not impressed with the XBOX One at all. Dumb name, I do not need to watch TV on my XBOX. Why would anyone?

I own an XBOX now but I will definitely be getting the PS4 unless I am swung away with any new details of the system.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Any experts that can comment between PS 4 and Xbox One?

I am getting a new TV and my decision will be based on which console I will buy.

If PS4 is better I will go with a Sony if not I will go with a Panasonic or Samsung

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Shunpike;5087198 said:
Any experts that can comment between PS 4 and Xbox One?

I am getting a new TV and my decision will be based on which console I will buy.

If PS4 is better I will go with a Sony if not I will go with a Panasonic or Samsung

Why not just get the better TV? What difference does the system make?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
PS4 online will most likely once again suck.

Xbox games will be getting more exclusive content for EA games & COD.

Seems like the Xbox is better to me.

Lodeus

Reaction score
CATCH17;5087224 said:

Which also suck.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Well it looks like Xbox is going to require games be downloaded to your harddrive, and be linked to your XBL account, and there will be an automatic fee for installing a used game on your system before you can play them.

Sounds pretty awful. PS4 hasn't commented on this yet, so waiting to see whats up with them.

Shunpike

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;5087218 said:
Why not just get the better TV? What difference does the system make?

I heard Sony products perform better with a Sony TV. Maybe not true but sounds logical.

Lodeus

Reaction score
CATCH17;5087234 said:
Yeah but they are still the best games out.

EA yeah, but I have stopped playing COD games and first person shooters in general.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CATCH17;5087224 said:

Everyone always says that PS Online "sucks" yet that is all they always say. What sucks so bad about it?

I have it, pretty much never get disconnected, can play online for free. All I want to do with online play is to play with my friends and PS online lets me do just that.

Paying $50 yearly to play online is foolish. You buy the XBOX for $450+, own it for 5 years (hoping it lasts that long) and you just spent $700+ for a system. :rolleyes:

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Looks silly and I say that as a long time 360 gamer. I just want to play Fifa, a shooter and GTA. They can buzz off with this voice control hand wavy crap.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
These clowns are done before they start if Sony doesnt follow suit.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;5087267 said:

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

Soooo, could you just take the console over to the friend's house? How are they going to regulate that?

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;5087267 said:

Hope PS4 goes another direction and blow Xbox up. If Sony does not adopt this same policy, Xbox is in for a severe beating. More exclusive titles from developers interested in it aren't going to be enough.

Requiring Online for anything is pretty absurd.