Xbox One

Questfor6

Reaction score
CATCH17;5087479 said:
I like the controller on Xbox better myself.

I hate where the joy stick is on the PS3. Having my thumbs so close together doesn't feel as natural as the X Box.

Word, I haven't bought a Sony product in years because of their absolutely rude customer service.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sean50Lee;5087377 said:
Here's the Xbox one's specs. 8 Core CPU
8 GB System Memory (360 has 512MB)
500 GB HDD
Blu-ray Drive
802.11n Wireless with Wi-Fi Direct
HDMI In/Out
USB 3.0
Gamerscore carries over to the new Xbox.
Your Xbox Live subscription continues onto the new console.
Over 300k servers for xbox live worldwide.
Friends list cap is expanding from 100 to 1000max. Not backwards compatible so we can't play Xbox 360 games on it..

Deal breaker for me. I only have a few games I care to play and unless a new version comes out I won't be buying a One.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading his quote wrong, I think the issue of sharing a game to play with a friend isn't that big of a deal.

When I play games with my friends (Say Madden) we play one on one against each other anyways. We don't use Xbox Live for that. He specifically says to use it on Xbox Live, you have to pay the fee. So if I just want to hold a madden tournament or Call of Duty I don't pay any additional fee. Even if we play on a friends system. UNLESS we play on xbox live. Am I reading that right?

Also, every game you play automatically downloads to your system, and you can play the game without the disk. So I guess it makes sense to charge the fee, b/c with that set up all you would need is one game and 10 people could download and play it anytime they want on their own consoles. Unless they charge a fee.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Am I dumb for buying a 360 now?

I still have the first generation XBOX and my 7 year old son is asking for a better thing. Buying 360 now would be dumb for a 7 year old? He can still play the cheap and used games right and when he is 9 or 10 I can get him this Xbox One

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
gaming is getting more ridiciolous. DRM has ruined everything. I mean granted I am always connected to the internet (first world problem) but I think it is so dumb that now it will be a requirement to play games on a console. This was going downhill the minute Blizzard and EA started requiring (and Steam to an extent) for you to be logged into a specific client. Only saving grace for steam is that there is an offline mode. I am not too happy with these next gen consoles. It was bad enought to pay a subscirption to XBL (which i painstainkly do) but now there is a fee to install and borrow games with friends/family. Stupid.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;5087607 said:
Deal breaker for me. I only have a few games I care to play and unless a new version comes out I won't be buying a One.
Both systems are not backwards compatible.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Shunpike;5087673 said:
Am I dumb for buying a 360 now?

I still have the first generation XBOX and my 7 year old son is asking for a better thing. Buying 360 now would be dumb for a 7 year old? He can still play the cheap and used games right and when he is 9 or 10 I can get him this Xbox One

360 will still live on because Xbox One consoles will not play 360 games. It won't die anytime soon. Ebay is selling the new 360s very cheap now.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I'll stick with the 360 till they stop making games for it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5087815 said:
Both systems are not backwards compatible.

I don't own any original xbox games so I don't need the 360 to be backwards compatible.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hoofbite;5087342 said:
Until Sony puts out an online service that can compete with Live I won't even consider anything but Xbox.

People are generally tied to their systems. I doubt anyone really changes.

I love my 360 and will be sticking with it for a long time. If I wind up getting a new system it's quite likely going to be the Ps4. I play these systems for games. Not for home entertainment. The Xbox One seems like it's a lot of extra junk I don't care about and with a bunch of rules and regulations I'm not interested in dealing with.

Hoofbite;5087401 said:
Why does it have to be great?

It's the best option simply because it works and microphones are audible. Is that not enough?

Personally I've had no issue with the Online play on ps3. My kids have one and the time I've played on there with friends I've had zero issue.

I'm not sure what the complaint about it is outside of it not being secure enough if someone decides they want to hack the thing.

sacase;5087412 said:
Well they just killed game fly and other rental market with having to pay a fee. No one is going to rent a game then pay a fee.

I don't think they've killed them yet but I do think this whole thing is the goal of seriously putting a dent in their income and eventually stomping them out.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
We have an xbox 360 but we will not be upgrading to the new XBOX they can take it and shove it where ever they want I hate be strongarmed so it is easy. We will either get a ps4 but if they do something stupid we will just pass on all them and goto PC & tablet type games only.

I also may look at OUYA

Ren

Reaction score
Supercowboy1986;5087678 said:
gaming is getting more ridiciolous. DRM has ruined everything. I mean granted I am always connected to the internet (first world problem) but I think it is so dumb that now it will be a requirement to play games on a console. This was going downhill the minute Blizzard and EA started requiring (and Steam to an extent) for you to be logged into a specific client. Only saving grace for steam is that there is an offline mode. I am not too happy with these next gen consoles. It was bad enought to pay a subscirption to XBL (which i painstainkly do) but now there is a fee to install and borrow games with friends/family. Stupid.

This isn't even the worst thing about xboxone IMO

Kinnect is basically a cctv camera in your living room and they intend to use it

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-extent-of-kinect-2-s-visual-drm-is-beginning-to-emerge/0116138

ExtremeTech reports that Microsoft has filed for a patent that allows Kinect to monitor the number of viewers in the room. It then cross-checks this with the maximum number of viewers permitted by the licence that a user agrees to when purchasing or renting content.
That's pretty disturbing

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Microsoft made it official that you need to have an internet connection when you turn it on @ least once a day in order to play.

I do have internet connection, but it becomes an issue for those that like to travel with it or in an area that doesn't have a good internet signal.

Ren

Reaction score
bigdnlaca;5088975 said:
Microsoft made it official that you need to have an internet connection when you turn it on @ least once a day in order to play.

I do have internet connection, but it becomes an issue for those that like to travel with it or in an area that doesn't have a good internet signal.

Doesn't seem like to much of an annoyance now but 10 years from now when they shut down the servers that check to see if you can play your games how are you going to play your games you bought?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So wait...

This camera on the X Box is something they could potentially use to look in your room?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I like Xbox, but this thing looks stupid. I think I will wait for the redesign version that is sure to come in about 2-3 years.