cowboyec

Reaction score
is caleb williams draft eligible.
if not...bryce young?

cnuball21

Reaction score
is caleb williams draft eligible.
if not...bryce young?

Bryce Young and CJ Stroud will likely go off the board first so don't think we'll have a chance at them.

A rookie QB would be setup for failure coming onto this depleted offense that Jerry has left us with. Waste of a pick IMO and wouldn't change anything.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bryce Young and CJ Stroud will likely go off the board first so don't think we'll have a chance at them.

A rookie QB would be setup for failure coming onto this depleted offense that Jerry has left us with. Waste of a pick IMO and wouldn't change anything.
i disagree.
we better address the position if a good one is there.
dak's injuries are a pattern.
this team has alot of holes but if we're picking high...it would be dumb to not think about qb.

cnuball21

Reaction score
i disagree.
this team has alot of holes but if we're picking high...it would be dumb to not think about qb.

I'd consider it for sure, but I'd need to see Dak suck for an extended period of time in order for me to move on. Over the course of his career he's shown that more times than not he's an above average QB. He just needs help...like every QB in the NFL.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'd consider it for sure, but I'd need to see Dak suck for an extended period of time in order for me to move on. Over the course of his career he's shown that more times than not he's an above average QB. He just needs help...like every QB in the NFL.
i dont disagree with any of that.
and this f/o isn't moving off of dak.
but as a fan....depending on how high the pick is....i'd put all options on the table.
both sides of the ball.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ready to start talking draft? Looks like we’ll be picking early…lol.
Need game changing playmakers on D more than anything else. And no, waiting til the mid rounds does not work.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Need game changing playmakers on D more than anything else. And no, waiting til the mid rounds does not work.

Did we watch the same game last night? The OL and lack of competent WRs killed us.

Depending on what Cox gives us at LBr, I’d def look to help our run defenders but overall that unit is miles ahead of our O.

RS12

Reaction score
Why is that exactly? This team could be bad enough to draft top 5. Probably win just enough to miss out on the top two but one can hope. Oh and yeah obviously I am ready. Why do you think I started posting here before the season.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Did we watch the same game last night? The OL and lack of competent WRs killed us.

Depending on what Cox gives us at LBr, I’d def look to help our run defenders but overall that unit is miles ahead of our O.
Ya that’s was pretty obvious to these civilians eyes

cnuball21

Reaction score
Why is that exactly? This team could be bad enough to draft top 5. Probably win just enough to miss out on the top two but one can hope. Oh and yeah obviously I am ready. Why do you think I started posting here before the season.

Bc QBs always fly off the board…both likely gone in top 3.

I think we’ll suck this year, but the D is too good for us to pick that early. I could see top 7/8 as best case.

Let’s talk draft wooooooooooo!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It will take a first round pick each to effectively replace Cooper and La'El, and we let both of those guys go for nothing.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure we aren’t one

I wouldn’t be so sure. Without Prescott, the offense might be the worst in football. I think the first win might be Chicago.

btcutter

Reaction score
i disagree.

Dak isn't a generational talent so he is replaceable if a better prospect is available to us. Easier to cover shortcomings in other positions but you cannot hid deficiencies of your QB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dak isn't a generational talent so he is replaceable if a better prospect is available to us. Easier to cover shortcomings in other positions but you cannot hid deficiencies of your QB.

Sure, but how many of those guys show up in the draft. Over the last 10+ ish years it’s been Luck and MAYBE Lawrence…

Watching Lawrence so far also basically proves my point of it doesn’t matter how good the QB is he doesn’t have a competent roster around him.

btcutter

Reaction score
Sure, but how many of those guys show up in the draft. Over the last 10+ ish years it’s been Luck and MAYBE Lawrence…

Watching Lawrence so far also basically proves my point of it doesn’t matter how good the QB is he doesn’t have a competent roster around him.

Don't disagree with you but if we have a top 5 pick and we have a highly rated QB then we should take him. Statistically QB drafted high has higher chance of success.
Rest of our draft can be used to shore up the team. Even better if someone willing to trade for Dak.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There’s stud DT and DE on top 3 with Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. As for QB you could go Young or Stroud. But who’s coaching them? Even Trevor Lawrence struggled when there’s nothing around him.

Hardline

Reaction score
Without a QB you basically have no shot.
QB takes priority over everything.
If you can draft a potential franchise QB you do it.