Y’all ready?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
is caleb williams draft eligible.
if not...bryce young?
Caleb is a true sophomore. I love his intangibles. He'll be a great pro QB one of these days if he continues to develop his mechanics and gets better at reading defenses. He isn't there yet.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Caleb is a true sophomore. I love his intangibles. He'll be a great pro QB one of these days if he continues to develop his mechanics and gets better at reading defenses. He isn't there yet.
agreed.
love the guy.
hated losing him to sc...but he's gonna be a helluva qb in this league.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
agreed.
love the guy.
hated losing him to sc...but he's gonna be a helluva qb in this league.
Sooner fan myself. It hurt when he left, but I get it. No hard feelings towards #13. Even peeked in on the USC game last week to see how he's doing.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
sooner fan also.
i watched the game because of #13.
he didn't disappoint.
Good to hear. I only caught 10 minutes or so but he looked like he had full command of that offense. No surprise at all. That kid had more heart as a true freshman than any other player I can recall. That TX game was nothing short of brilliant.

cowboyec

Reaction score
some off.tackles i like...
•paris johnson,ohio st....BIG.
•broderick jones,georgia...BIG.
•peter skoronski,n'western...position flex...very sound technique.

cowboyec

Reaction score
some de's i like...in no order...
•andre carter,army...love his size...toughness.
•will anderson,alabama
•myles murphy,clemson
•isaiah foskey,notre dame
•nolan smith,georgia

Croomraider

Reaction score
The two most important aspects of a good football program, a good QB and a good Head Coach.
If Dallas really falls of the rails, which looks like it will, the HC is fired. Also, they would easily have a top 5 pick. The hypothetical
teams in front of them could have also drafted a QB of recent and not be in the market for one, Falcons, Jags, etc.

I've never been a Dak hater and I'm also assuming were bound to his him contractually. However, we should never
pass on a Stroud or Bryce Young. Cowboys have been longing for a top flight QB. It is time. Let's end mediocracy.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don't disagree with you but if we have a top 5 pick and we have a highly rated QB then we should take him. Statistically QB drafted high has higher chance of success.
Rest of our draft can be used to shore up the team. Even better if someone willing to trade for Dak.

Sure…but go back and look at every QB drafted ahead of Dak. He’s better than all of them.

Dak isn’t elite, but he’s too 10/12ish which is plenty enough to win in the playoffs with a good enough team. I think our quickest path to winning in the playoffs is to fix the roster not replace the QB. That being said if the team does end up with a top 3 pick and wants to start over at QB that’s fine…it’s just a pretty big risk hoping you hit with so many other roster holes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There’s stud DT and DE on top 3 with Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. As for QB you could go Young or Stroud. But who’s coaching them? Even Trevor Lawrence struggled when there’s nothing around him.

If we’re picking top 7/8 Anderson and Carter are probably my top 2 targets but think both will be gone.

Early reports have the kid from NW as the top OT so he’ll be in the radar as well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Without a QB you basically have no shot.
QB takes priority over everything.
If you can draft a potential franchise QB you do it.
They cant move on from Prescott for a couple more season, so it would be a waste even if they did want to move on

cowboyec

Reaction score
last dt we took in rd1 was russell maryland unless i forgot one.
would mccarthy and quinn end the drought if the board fell just right?
i don't know but there are couple good ones...
•jalen carter,georgia.
•bryan breece,clemson.
i'd love carter.
helluva player.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I will say just for pure fantasy, Anderson + Parsons, lol, would QB even matter?
Would Left Tackle even matter?

How would teams scheme against those two coming from either direction. Insane.