Ya know, I'm really not one to complain much about the refs

kskboys

Reaction score
but that was ridiculous.

Two very long PI calls gave Brady this game. He did not earn it.

Sour grapes? Maybe somewhat, but extreme holding calls were ignored vs the JAG's all day, and no PI's vs the Pats. Chickenpoop, that's what I call. I used to not believe in stuff like this, but to me this was a blatant case today of the NFL desperately wanting Brady in the super bowl.

Not even sure I'll watch the dammmm thing now.

JustChip

Reaction score
The problem with PI is it's just so darn subjective. The one at the end of the 1st half was iffy IMO. Not blatantly wrong, but could've just as easily not been called. The one at the end of the game was PI. Ramsey wrapped his arm around the neck and pulled from what I saw - that's PI. I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but would've preferred Jacksonville just to have a different team, so I think I'm being objective.

kskboys

Reaction score
The problem with PI is it's just so darn subjective. The one at the end of the 1st half was iffy IMO. Not blatantly wrong, but could've just as easily not been called. The one at the end of the game was PI. Ramsey wrapped his arm around the neck and pulled from what I saw - that's PI. I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but would've preferred Jacksonville just to have a different team, so I think I'm being objective.
Correct. And the JAX receiver got tackled and nothing was called!!!

Hey, it's not that I have a problem, it's that they didn't call it for both teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
"Everything someone says before the word 'but' is horse****." - Lord Eddard.
This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read!!!

So, do we ignore the first part of your sentence!!!!!!!!!!!

Quickdraw

Reaction score
There definitely was holding that wasn't called and a couple of PI's as well. Those 2 that helped NE before the half, one was bogus. That was an obvious case of trying to keep them in the game. They'll lose revenue if at least 1 top team doesn't make it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Shall we start fitting you for your tin foil fedora buuuuuddddyyyyy? Lol wink wink

joseephuss

Reaction score
I have a huge problem with the officiating in both the NFL and college. I don't think it is rigged. These guys are just simply out of their league. They are not good enough and essentially incompetent to handle the speed of the game.

jay94

Reaction score
The one on Jalen Ramsey was valid unfortunatley, the other which I'm sure I saw I don't recollect at this moment. This just in (Pats get calls their way.)

khiladi

Reaction score
The one on Jalen Ramsey was valid unfortunatley, the other which I'm sure I saw I don't recollect at this moment. This just in (Pats get calls their way.)

I’d even dispute that, because no way the ref could have seen the minor grab in real time (of course slow motion makes it look worse) and Ramsey was making a play and looking at the ball the whole time. And it was underthrown

JustChip

Reaction score

And there lies the problem. I saw the one against Ramsey at the end of the game as PI, you didn't. It's not like the strike zone in MLB where each umpire has their tendencies and the players can adjust. Each play in football is unique so there isn't a referee tendency players can adjust to. I don't have a solution, that the problem with calls back on subjectivity. Instant replay wouldn't solve it because it would still be up to an individual's perception, just the replay official instead of the on-field official.

kskboys

Reaction score
And there lies the problem. I saw the one against Ramsey at the end of the game as PI, you didn't. It's not like the strike zone in MLB where each umpire has their tendencies and the players can adjust. Each play in football is unique so there isn't a referee tendency players can adjust to. I don't have a solution, that the problem with calls back on subjectivity. Instant replay wouldn't solve it because it would still be up to an individual's perception, just the replay official instead of the on-field official.
Absolutely.
However not too much later in the game the JAX WR got tackled w/ no call. Either call it or don't, I don't have a problem either way, but the blatant missed holding calls were just too much.

They wanted Brady in, they put him in. That doesn't make it any less disgusting.

kskboys

Reaction score
More stats:

The JAG's were only called for 5 PI penalties the entire season. And the D was only called penalties on a total of 9 times during the season.

And suddenly, they're being flagged left and right.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
but that was ridiculous.

Two very long PI calls gave Brady this game. He did not earn it.

Sour grapes? Maybe somewhat, but extreme holding calls were ignored vs the JAG's all day, and no PI's vs the Pats. Chickenpoop, that's what I call. I used to not believe in stuff like this, but to me this was a blatant case today of the NFL desperately wanting Brady in the super bowl.

Not even sure I'll watch the dammmm thing now.

I'll tell you what stinks most of all. The Jags were the superior team. Yet, the league seems to think that the Jaguars wouldn't draw the ratings that the Pats would. Which, if that's the case, then the League are morons, but the game just looked fixed. You and I have discussed the reasons on a different thread, but man, I'm sick of the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll tell you what stinks most of all. The Jags were the superior team. Yet, the league seems to think that the Jaguars wouldn't draw the ratings that the Pats would. Which, if that's the case, then the League are morons, but the game just looked fixed. You and I have discussed the reasons on a different thread, but man, I'm sick of the NFL.
That game did indeed look fixed.

The NFL is starting to make me question my fanhood, and this after over 40 years of faithful watching and much NFL stuff bought.

5 PI penalties all year, then two in one game. 9 total penalties against the JAX D the entire year.

There's just too much evidence.

C'mooooooon, NFL, you're completely ruining a good thing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That game did indeed look fixed.

The NFL is starting to make me question my fanhood, and this after over 40 years of faithful watching and much NFL stuff bought.

5 PI penalties all year, then two in one game. 9 total penalties against the JAX D the entire year.

There's just too much evidence.

C'mooooooon, NFL, you're completely ruining a good thing.

Well, like I said previously, I want the NFL investigated. FIFA got SMOKED for fixing games and corruption (mainly involving the location of World Cups), and they weren't even HALF as bad as the NFL appears to be. FIFA's corruption wasn't obvious. The NFL practically flaunts its corruption and rigging and says arrogantly, "We're still; going to be the most watched." I hope that the Super Bowl stadium doesn't sell out. I hope that the Super Bowl attendees mirror the attendance of Super Bowl I.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's the corruption that got FIFA in trouble:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32897066

While it's bad, tell me, does this look even CLOSE to the scope of the rigging in the NFL? It's why I want the NFL investigated. Sepp Blatter got roasted for far less than what Goodell is getting away with. I think this may be partially why Jerry objected so loudly to Goodell getting a new contract. Rigging the games doesn't create ratings. It DESTROYS the integrity of the game. I'm already a big European-style football fan, but it's becoming more and more the main sport I watch. I used to be a huge NFL fan, but it's currently behind the World Cup, English Premier League, and Bundesliga for me. At least those leagues have kept the corruption out of the clear. The NFL flaunts it with the Patriots.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I have a huge problem with the officiating in both the NFL and college. I don't think it is rigged. These guys are just simply out of their league. They are not good enough and essentially incompetent to handle the speed of the game.
I think the problem is we have super slo-mo instant replay from several different angles. Every play gets microanalyzed from all sides. It is not possible to have officials keep pace and see things the way we at home do.