Ya know, I'm really not one to complain much about the refs

JustChip

Reaction score
He didn't hold him. He tackled him.

I would imagine the Pats are coached differently than other teams. Just hold, they'll let you by w/ it.

And that was blatant. I mean, he was behind him holding onto the guy's arm. Sickeningly disgusting.

I don't know whether it's a covert conspiracy or it's like the NBA and the great players (in this case, teams) get preferential treatment by individual referees. I don't normally buy into conspiracy theories so I'm inclined to believe the later.

What I can't figure out is how the Cowboys d-line went 8 games without an offensive holding call against it. I'm sorry, but if offensive holding could theoretically be called on every play, there is not logical explanation for not having one called in 8 games. There were calls against the Cowboys offense during that time (Smith got at least 2, one of which was EXACTLY like the one on the Pats' game sealing run) so the refs were definitely "seeing" it and each game had different refs so it wasn't just a select ref. It truly does raise the question of conspiracy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jax covered though.

The NFL was probably terrified of a jax/minn super bowl...two mostly regionally followed teams, in a year already with down ratings. Bet it would have been the lowest in years

Yes, and JFK was killed by cubans paid by the CIA and the Men in Black is actually a documentary. Got it

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
the problem is the worst calls are blatant- officials looking right at basically a D player being TACKLED and do not throw a flag. And then the consistency is not there either. THAT is the problem. Replay just shows it.
The Jags should have been flagged for taking a knee to end the half. Playing not to lose is going to get you beat in the post season. Can't play checkers against a staff like the Patriots have.

rynochop

Reaction score
The Jags should have been flagged for taking a knee to end the half. Playing not to lose is going to get you beat in the post season. Can't play checkers against a staff like the Patriots have.
Yeah, that was scared football

Fan54

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories...gotta love 'em. NFL officiating has evolved over the years from 'threw the flag, tough' into today's digitized imaging, instantly confirming/denying re-play product that is at the Leagues fingertips...and I offer that The League definitely deserves the finger for the way they have used it...NFL is an entertainment venue..drama and all..Bad calls, good no-calls, objective calls are tools for generating conversation around the water cooler on Monday...or on websites .
One of the worst examples of manipulation that I've seen was the "Empty Hand' fiasco that put Brady in the SB many so moons ago.
Human factor, warts and all, keeps Football from becoming the video game that may be the NFL's inevitable future....Enjoy it while we can.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yeah, that was scared football
By the way, I completely agree that the officiating in the NFL needs to be overhauled and improved and I also felt the deep PI call on the sideline against the Jags was a bad call. Too many old litigators hobbling around out there covering action they just can't keep up with. Heck, they can't even get it right 100% reviewing HD replays.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

So the Pats are going to beat the Egals....AGAIN.
In that case, I love me some Zebra cooked medium rare please.
tenor.gif

Pape

Reaction score
Now that is truth. You keep coming back to this thread to protest, knowing what it's about!!!

Dude, you're killing me tonight!!! Good stuff.

And here's one for you: "Hark, what wind between yon buttocks breaks!!!"

still trying to play the same game you did on the DC forums... but no mod badge to back people off ... poor ksk :rolleyes: Keep trying though, maybe you might find someone, somewhere who doesn't know your tired game