Ya know, I'm really not one to complain much about the refs

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That game did indeed look fixed.

The NFL is starting to make me question my fanhood, and this after over 40 years of faithful watching and much NFL stuff bought.

5 PI penalties all year, then two in one game. 9 total penalties against the JAX D the entire year.

There's just too much evidence.

C'mooooooon, NFL, you're completely ruining a good thing.
Look on the bright side, you should be able to clean up with the bookies knowing the games are rigged toward Brady winning.

diefree666

Reaction score
I think the problem is we have super slo-mo instant replay from several different angles. Every play gets microanalyzed from all sides. It is not possible to have officials keep pace and see things the way we at home do.
the problem is the worst calls are blatant- officials looking right at basically a D player being TACKLED and do not throw a flag. And then the consistency is not there either. THAT is the problem. Replay just shows it.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
My real problem in the Jags-Pats game was Myles Jack being called down after stripping the ball from Dion Lewis and not being allowed to complete the play , which would have been a defensive touchdown.........................If the official saw that Lewis had fumbled (which he did) , how could he not see that Jack was never touched after fully possessing the ball ???????????????????????????

jsb357

Reaction score
PI is the new holding...

It happens on every play and it's a judgement call by the refs.

Seattle started it and it's now permeated the league.

rynochop

Reaction score
Look on the bright side, you should be able to clean up with the bookies knowing the games are rigged toward Brady winning.
Jax covered though.

The NFL was probably terrified of a jax/minn super bowl...two mostly regionally followed teams, in a year already with down ratings. Bet it would have been the lowest in years

JustChip

Reaction score
PI is the new holding...

It happens on every play and it's a judgement call by the refs.

Seattle started it and it's now permeated the league.

Yep. It's become when you need a big play, particularly on 3rd and long, just chuck it up deep. You have a 50/50 chance of something positive happening (completion or PI). Even the negative of an INT is not likely different than not making the 1st and having to punt.

Mad_max

Reaction score
But you made a thread about it... So I guess you really are one to complain about the refs, afterall.....
Really he isn't. The rest of us complained but I don't remember that he did.

kskboys

Reaction score
But you made a thread about it... So I guess you really are one to complain about the refs, afterall.....
Ah, having trouble w/ the English language I see!!!

I can help you. This means that I normally am not a ref complainer.

Did you get that?

However, this game was so one sided in the calls, that I must complain.

Do you understand how that works now?

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Absolutely.
However not too much later in the game the JAX WR got tackled w/ no call. Either call it or don't, I don't have a problem either way, but the blatant missed holding calls were just too much.

They wanted Brady in, they put him in. That doesn't make it any less disgusting.

kskboys

Reaction score
He didn't hold him. He tackled him.

I would imagine the Pats are coached differently than other teams. Just hold, they'll let you by w/ it.

And that was blatant. I mean, he was behind him holding onto the guy's arm. Sickeningly disgusting.

Pape

Reaction score
Ah, having trouble w/ the English language I see!!!

I can help you. This means that I normally am not a ref complainer.

Did you get that?

However, this game was so one sided in the calls, that I must complain.

Do you understand how that works now?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Bookies/Vegas had Atlanta/Vikings. What's that tell you? Besides, had that one defensive player for the Pats not make that tackle to cause a no catch after Bortles 4th down pass, the Pats wouldn't of advanced. But yet Brady gets the credit.

The Pats were outplayed by the Jags even though the score says different. And that's a good sign yet once again for those under dog Eagles.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Bookies/Vegas had Atlanta/Vikings. What's that tell you? Besides, had that one defensive player for the Pats not make that tackle to cause a no catch after Bortles 4th down pass, the Pats wouldn't of advanced. But yet Brady gets the credit.

The Pats were outplayed by the Jags even though the score says different. And that's a good sign yet once again for those under dog Eagles.
Brees would have shown those Refs in Philly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but that was ridiculous.

Two very long PI calls gave Brady this game. He did not earn it.

Sour grapes? Maybe somewhat, but extreme holding calls were ignored vs the JAG's all day, and no PI's vs the Pats. Chickenpoop, that's what I call. I used to not believe in stuff like this, but to me this was a blatant case today of the NFL desperately wanting Brady in the super bowl.

Not even sure I'll watch the dammmm thing now.

So, when Ramsey mugged Cooks, your OKAY with it. Got it. Those were legit calls. J-ville had the game but were simply out schemed by Josh McDaniel in the second half..............and Bortles became...............Bortles. The Jags folded. Shocker.

Brady earned it regardless of what you want to think.

kskboys

Reaction score
The lady doth protest too much, methinks
Now that is truth. You keep coming back to this thread to protest, knowing what it's about!!!

Dude, you're killing me tonight!!! Good stuff.

And here's one for you: "Hark, what wind between yon buttocks breaks!!!"

kskboys

Reaction score
So, when Ramsey mugged Cooks, your OKAY with it. Got it. Those were legit calls. J-ville had the game but were simply out schemed by Josh McDaniel in the second half..............and Bortles became...............Bortles. The Jags folded. Shocker.

Brady earned it regardless of what you want to think.
Hey, I'd prefer no spins, if that's OK.

Was the call legit? Borderline. Which would be fine if they called it both ways. They did not. Jag's player got tackled w/ the ball coming to him, no penalty.

And 1 penalty against NE? This against a team that had 9 total penalties called against their D the entire season. And only 5 PI penalties the entire season.

I'm really not arguing the calls. I'm arguing the non calls. They were sicker than sick.

Seriously, ATL, I'm sorta embarrassed by your reply. Your replies are generally well thought out w/ facts to back them up. I've presented a myriad of facts in this thread, and your reply is nannynanny booboo? C'mooooooon, you gotta have better.

This was bad.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I'd prefer no spins, if that's OK.

Was the call legit? Borderline. Which would be fine if they called it both ways. They did not. Jag's player got tackled w/ the ball coming to him, no penalty.

And 1 penalty against NE? This against a team that had 9 total penalties called against their D the entire season. And only 5 PI penalties the entire season.

I'm really not arguing the calls. I'm arguing the non calls. They were sicker than sick.

Seriously, ATL, I'm sorta embarrassed by your reply. Your replies are generally well thought out w/ facts to back them up. I've presented a myriad of facts in this thread, and your reply is nannynanny booboo? C'mooooooon, you gotta have better.

This was bad.

Borderline? LMAO Ramsey wasn't wasn't even protesting that call. It was the textbook definition of a PI.

NE is the least penalized team in the NFL b/c they are the best coached team in the NFL. That should be pretty obvious. A long time ago opposing teams fans used to complain and sling the same mud at the cowboys. Since you have in the past alleged to be a cowboy fan, i'm surprised you have sided with "the officiating wasn't fair" whiners. Time to give credit where credit is due. The officiating card is a tired excuse to explain the Pats dominance.

Last edited: