Yahoo: Darren Woodson: Bills lost Super Bowls due to excessive partying

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's strange to me to think that the ppl here would think that getting messed up would result in the Cowboys winning. I'm sorry but...if you get hammered *** drunk friday and take it easy saturday, you're ready to go sunday.

I feel like everybody is ignoring the fact that the Cowboys were just plain better than the Bills. Period. I dont care if they had a coke/e/heroine/alcohol/whatever hangover.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3259836 said:
Both rosters were stacked, although I think the Cowboys' was slightly better. But the Bills were outcoached in both super-bowl games vs. Dallas. That's why Dallas outplayed them. And that counts; coaching is a HUGE part of the game's success.

Slightly better? I think Dallas was better by a huge margin. If you compare the starters position by position Dallas held the edge in almost every category. Aikman over Kelly. Smith over Thomas. Irvin over Reed. And so on. And those are the close ones. The Dallas offensive line was much better than the Bills line. The Dallas defense was also much better than the Bills. Then you need to look at depth as well. Dallas was loaded. Some of their back ups were better than the starters on the Bills team such as Leon Lett. Darren Woodson was a back up and was better than any of the Bills' safeties.

Dallas beat the Bills because the Cowboys were just better. Buffalo could have changed their partying ways for both SB27 & SB28 and still would have lost to Dallas by double digits.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Sarge;3259674 said:
Partying or not - they got an NFC East *** woopin'.

no joke....Buffalo and Denver are two teams who hate to see NFC East opponents in the SB

locked&loaded

Reaction score
newlander;3259925 said:
oh my...no such thing as a 48 hr. hangover? Guess again...I use to hit it so hard in college I wouldn't recover for days...then hit it again. Glad and thankful I didn't develop a real problem like some of my friends. Barely touch it now. Just an occasional beer or three. Rarely hit the hard stuff.

claim

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The Bills lost all 4 of those in the 90's for two reasons.

Scott Norwood and the other 2 teams were just flat out better than they were. Partying didn't keep them from winning. Teams have won all through history while being partying teams.

The Packers, The Raiders, the Commanders won with guys like Riggins who loved to party.