Yahoo :Tom Brady out for season (sources say) *Merge*

playboidolla

Reaction score
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with what two sources described as a severe injury to his left knee, suffered in the first quarter of the Pats’ 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Gillette Stadium Sunday.
While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, a source close to the quarterback indicated it involved serious damage to the knee. That could include a torn anterior cruciate ligament and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage.
“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”
Brady was hurt as he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw to wideout Randy Moss. Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was on the ground, lunged forward and struck Brady’s leg, which buckled as he released the ball.

Brady was helped off the field and was later led down a staircase by team officials, presumably to undergo tests.
Fourth-year quarterback Matt Cassel, who had thrown just 39 passes in his career before Sunday, replaced Brady and completed 13 of 18 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Cassel, who backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, hasn’t been a starting quarterback since high school. He won a competition with Matt Gutierrez during the preseason to retain the job as Brady’s primary backup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Nexx

Reaction score
all i have to say is, karma is coming back around to the cheatriots.

jchap

Reaction score
OMG wow

Terrible for the Cheats. Their backups are horrible

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
I hate to hear that! I want to play teams with all their players so theres no excuses!!!!

;)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I snagged Matt Cassel already in my fantasy league. :cool:

Sucks for Brady... I feel badly for him. But no tears for the Pats. Lucky they have such a soft division and schedule... although I think the Bills could win the division now. Jets could be in the mix as well.

Eskimo

Reaction score
If true, huge blow to NE. I think the AFC just became a wide-open race for the SB - Chargers, Steelers, Colts and Patriots should all have a say before it is done.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't like to see anyone get hurt like he did, I don't think this team will get much sympathy from around the nation.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Let me check to see if my heart is breaking....Nope!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I am skeptical about these reports coming out when an mri hasn't even been done yet. Heard it's scheduled for tomorrow.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
We won't know until the Docs provide a report tomorrow.

But if out, and they can't cheat, it will be a long year for them. Better watch Bellicheat because he will start cheating again.........