Yahoo :Tom Brady out for season (sources say) *Merge*

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2244025 said:
Hard to say how bad it is and where this 18 month timeline came from. Articular cartilage damage wouldn't be known until there is an MRI so I guess we won't know more about that until tomorrow.

18 months just seems like a very long time line to be talking about at this stage and with this little information.

Hopefully he is back next year.

I agree. Someone mentioned a worse case scenario and they ran with it. I've seen 18 months but these NFL players are royalty and get all the PT and other mutliple modalities they can throw at it. He's not a mobile QB anyway and I can see him returning in time for next year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
No such thing as karma, but it couldnt have happend to a less likeable player/team

How fun would a Steeler/Cowboy superbowl be? Would it break the rating record?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No way he tore ACL, MCL and PCL. That would leave his knee so unstable that he wouldn't walk on it.

He could make it back for the season opener next year with the appropriate rehab.

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2244082 said:
I said last year that at some point, either last year or this coming year, that Karma would comeback and bite them in the butt for all those games where they ran up the scores just to simply pad their stats. Now they're reaping what they've sowed.

Unfortunate for Brady (cause I like him) but I expected this.

Super Bowl losers in recent years have had trouble staying healthy in the subsequent year. Look at the Bears' D last year, and look how they played(at full strength) tonight. Ditto the Hawks the year after-Matt and Sean were injured most of the year.

Obviously-they're jinxed, that's all.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Avery;2244163 said:
No way he tore ACL, MCL and PCL. That would leave his knee so unstable that he wouldn't walk on it.

He could make it back for the season opener next year with the appropriate rehab.

I had a patient a year ago who tore all 3 and he could walk but he did have to be very careful with it.

SilberBlau

Reaction score
Avery;2244163 said:

I tore my ACL and finished the game with it. You simply cannot diagnose somebody by the way he walks off the field. And these players are machines, they have muscles everywhere, that can compensate a torn ligament for a while.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Karma is real,

beware and cautious in that here in getting giddy in others injury

It does come around

the big 88

Reaction score
unfortunate for brady, but i dont feel bad at all for Belichick. He's an A hole so whatever...

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
the big 88;2244216 said:
unfortunate for brady, but i dont feel bad at all for Belichick. He's an A hole so whatever...

Heck, I don't feel sorry for Brady either.

3 Super Bowls, Dating models, going 16-0 for one season, and a future Hall-of-Famer.

He'll be fine... he's coming back next season.

If it's "career ending" then I'll feel sorry. Since it's not.....I don't. See ya next season, Brady.

Now, I would like to see If BeliCHEAT can coach & I would LOVE to see if NE is going to get the "Pats" Randy Moss:) or the "Raiders" Randy Moss:mad: . Only time will tell.

Hey Randy! you should have signed with Dallas when u had a chance. Now look what cha stuck with. :D

Aikbach

Reaction score
I think there is universal agreement that this makes the AFC pretty interesting, and it is an abrupt end to the Patriot dynasty as well.

They will be 9-7 or 10-6 this season, perhaps limp into a wild card.

Then again what is so mighty about the AFC this year?

People like Stan Humphries and Trent Dilfer have taken teams to the Super bowl so who knows.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jobberone;2243676 said:
Brady is out with a major knee injury for rest of season perhaps 18 months.

I sure hope that's not true... one shudders when one contemplates the number of kids he might father with THAT much free time... :D