Yahoo :Tom Brady out for season (sources say) *Merge*

Dimuha

Reaction score
ESPN will still find a way to spin it and keep naming the Pats as SB favorites.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dimuha;2242999 said:

They will say it doesn't matter because Cassell looked so good and Belichek is a great coach.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dimuha;2242999 said:

Nope, are you kidding? The pats losing in the superbowl was the best thing that could have happened to ESPN.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Brandon;2243029 said:
So who is the next favourite? Philly or New Orleans?

I'd be willing to bet that Philly is going to be an overwhelming favorite of most of the tv pundits. They love them some McNabb.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
This is a MAJOR blow to the Patriots. I hate to see knee injuries like that.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2243012 said:
They will say it doesn't matter because Cassell looked so good and Belichek is a great coach.

Their defense isn't what it used to be and is ageing rapidly. They need to be able to score lots of points to win games against upper echelon teams now unlike in the earlier part of the decade when the defense and STs carried them.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tomson75;2243035 said:
I'd be willing to bet that Philly is going to be an overwhelming favorite of most of the tv pundits. They love them some McNabb.

The eagles looked pretty good!

This years SuperBowl Champs...

(sorry citizens)

:eek::

dfense

Reaction score
That's really too bad. Taints the year in a lot of ways. I'd rather see Dallas earn it against the best.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I thought brady was going to have an mri tomorrow? how could they already know all that stuff is torn?

Eskimo

Reaction score
dfense;2243056 said:
That's really too bad. Taints the year in a lot of ways. I'd rather see Dallas earn it against the best.

No, it doesn't. Injuries are part of the game and that is why some luck is usually required to win a SB.

Taping the opposing teams does taint the NE SBs, though. People are not going to forget that so easily no matter how much Goodell tries to sweep it under the rug.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Well, there's something wrong with me obviously because:

:damn:

I can't muster any sympathy at all for that cheating bunch of scumbags. They've had the dirtiest player in the league for years taking cheap shots at other players. It's just karma, IMHO.

Also, I agree with what Jim said above about their cheating. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Bellicheat has hired an electronics expert to find a way to tap into other teams communications frequencies.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theebs;2243062 said:
I thought brady was going to have an mri tomorrow? how could they already know all that stuff is torn?

They don't. This comes from an unconfirmed report from a Patriot employee of some sort.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theebs;2243062 said:

If there is immediate swelling, 70% of the time there is a ACL injury.

The other thing is sometimes you can just tell by looking at the play or by examing the knee.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Eskimo;2243045 said:
Their defense isn't what it used to be and is ageing rapidly. They need to be able to score lots of points to win games against upper echelon teams now unlike in the earlier part of the decade when the defense and STs carried them.

I never said they'd be right :laugh2:

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
dfense;2243056 said:

Not really. There are major injuries each year to great teams. Its part of the game just like bad calls. You just have to play through it.

You play the game, and you hope to be the hottest and healthiest team in the end when its all said and done.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tomson75;2243035 said:

tomson75 get with it. everyone knows when it rains and the wind blows in New Orleans, the saints are ESPN's (as well as the leauge's and the ref's) favorites. And there has already been one hurricane and now maybe another...

Brandon4Cowboys

Reaction score
I've grown tired of hearing about Shady Brady and the entire Cheatriot organization. He's not Michael Jordan and they aren't the 90s Bulls. Let their entire fan base whine until they run out of lung capacity.