Yankees Rotation is set...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thanks for laying it out. I see what you mean. Agreed! :)

Now, on to CC. I don't know that we should have kept him after his deal was up. We picked up his option a few years back?

Was watching the game last night and all I could think of was what you said in this post. Boy, CC did not look good last night. I hope you weren't right about him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Was watching the game last night and all I could think of was what you said in this post. Boy, CC did not look good last night. I hope you weren't right about him.

Man. This is a case where I want to be wrong.

Long season :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sure looked good last night Dooms. Much to my dismay, just over 50 Mil. LOL.......

There is not a lot of pressure on this Astros team, not only lowest payroll but youngest team in MLB with some very good young prospects in the minors. I think Houston has done the right thing by making big investments in the minor league program as opposed to trading off that talent for vet players who end up leaving 1 or 2 years after.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My goodness Astros starting the season by winning the series with the Yankees and the impressive part has been the Astros pitching and the play of Fowler. opening day 2-4 with 2 doubles and last night 2-4 with a triple and a HR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its being said that CC has lost some velocity - any truth to that?

There is truth to that. However, as was discussed earlier. He's learning to throw the cutter and he left it hanging way too often in his first outing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
There is truth to that. However, as was discussed earlier. He's learning to throw the cutter and he left it hanging way too often in his first outing.

Did Mo teach him?

Also, Tanaka got pissed after 3rd pitch homerun... Bounced back nicely... Love that about players. The fire is lit!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very interesting game today with Pineda starting. For the Yankees to have any shot at making the playoffs I think this guy is going to have to have a solid season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sabathia was ho-hum today. Better than in Houston but still could be the worst starter on the staff.

Took game 6 before they actually homered.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did Mo teach him?

Also, Tanaka got pissed after 3rd pitch homerun... Bounced back nicely... Love that about players. The fire is lit!

Actually, I heard it was from Andy Pettitte and Larry Rothschild. Yeah, Tanaka came back strong and actually, while he lost, Pineda actually threw well in his loss to Toronto. He started slow, giving up 5 hit, and 1 run but really, he gave up 4 in the 1st and 1 the rest of the way. Rocky at first but really came back and threw well after that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CC Sabathia
Hiroki Kuroda
Masahiro Tanaka
Ivan Nova
Michael Pineda

I like that rotation a lot better then last years.

Best that money can buy. Baseball is so screwed up letting teams like the Yankees and Red Sox buy their championships.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Best that money can buy. Baseball is so screwed up letting teams like the Yankees and Red Sox buy their championships.

This is very true for last years Sox and 2001 Diamondbacks. Not so much with Yankees. The Core of players won the 4 in 5 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No. Pineda was traded for, not bought.

LOL, everyone in the world knows that the Yankees buy their championships. Who's had the highest salary by team for the last 15-25 years? Yankess are surely in the top 1-3 every year.