Yankees Rotation is set...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Nope!

Its funny how Skankee fans love to tout the #27 as if their is some real significance to that number all in a vain attempt to sweep under the carpet how often they have failed when they have the highest payroll and trot out the best team that $$$$$ can buy. The failures are the real story. The failures are whats really significant.

When you spend the most in an attempt to buy the championship and still fail the majority of the time, that is colossal failure of the utmost. That my friend is the real story! The FAILURES! When you SHOULD win, and you dont, you dont even accomplish what you should. And then you all sit around bangin some hollow drum about the most championships in a futile attempt to mask the pain of the failures over and over and over.

If my 7 yr old kid gets off the toilet and walks around the house bragging how he was able to wipe himself - its empty bragging. He ought to be able to wipe himself. Its expected that he wipe himself. He SHOULD wipe himself. The fact that he wiped himself is no big deal. Its no real accomplishment. Its not significant. Now, on the other hand, if he doesnt wipe well, if he gets skid marks in the tidy whiteys, or if he doesnt wipe at all - that is SIGNIFICANT. Its significant because he did NOT do what he SHOULD have done. Wiping himself is no significant accomplishment. Its expected. He SHOULD do it. Not wiping - not doing what he should is what would be significant.

Skankee fans puffing out their chest about the #27 is no different than my kid bragging about wiping himself.
I mentioned the 27 championships because you're saying they fail so often. They win once every 4 years. You can't really expect more from a team, in any sport. Even the invincible Heat lost to the Mavericks and should have lost to the Spurs. Plus, MLB has changed. Lots of teams spend money like the Yankees. How should the Yankees be expected to win every year when a third of the league has spent the same amount of money? And nice skid mark analogy. Really enlightening.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nope!

Its funny how Skankee fans love to tout the #27 as if their is some real significance to that number all in a vain attempt to sweep under the carpet how often they have failed when they have the highest payroll and trot out the best team that $$$$$ can buy. The failures are the real story. The failures are whats really significant.

When you spend the most in an attempt to buy the championship and still fail the majority of the time, that is colossal failure of the utmost. That my friend is the real story! The FAILURES! When you SHOULD win, and you dont, you dont even accomplish what you should. And then you all sit around bangin some hollow drum about the most championships in a futile attempt to mask the pain of the failures over and over and over.

If my 7 yr old kid gets off the toilet and walks around the house bragging how he was able to wipe himself - its empty bragging. He ought to be able to wipe himself. Its expected that he wipe himself. He SHOULD wipe himself. The fact that he wiped himself is no big deal. Its no real accomplishment. Its not significant. Now, on the other hand, if he doesnt wipe well, if he gets skid marks in the tidy whiteys, or if he doesnt wipe at all - that is SIGNIFICANT. Its significant because he did NOT do what he SHOULD have done. Wiping himself is no significant accomplishment. Its expected. He SHOULD do it. Not wiping - not doing what he should is what would be significant.

Skankee fans puffing out their chest about the #27 is no different than my kid bragging about wiping himself.

How do you equate failure? Is there an alternate universe backwards way that we don't know about??

Yankees have:

A.) made post season 51 times in 112 seasons. ( __%)
B.) won division18 times (divisions since 1969) so that's out of 44 chances? ( __%)
C.) won the "American League" pennant 40 times ( __%)
D.) won world series 27 times out of 40 chances ( __%)

Please do the percentages for me. I don't want to make a "mistake"....

Lmao

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
And this is why the failures are so significant, much more significant than any titles they win. Every year the favorite based on $$$$ spent, yet the # of failures is far greater than the championships. Why do they spend a ton of money? Trying to buy a championship and yet they fail routinely.

Dude, you're a good Cowboys fan but your Yankees hatred/jealousy is out of control. They most certainly didn't buy the Core Four or Bernie Williams. Trading Roberto Kelly for Paul O'Neill was just smart. Other teams spend big money and lose. Yanks do it and win more than the others. Sorry that your Orioles have only won 3 World Series and haven't won since 1983. Call the Yanks' TWENTY SEVEN championships not as significant as their failures all you want, but it's the greatest, most successful franchise in the history of baseball. I'm still blown away by your anti-Jeter nonsense from another board.
Oh look, the Yanks are in 1st place and their pitching has been looking great. Enjoy. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Was surprised they but up 10 last night against the Rays. Also glad to see that CC only gave up 2 runs in7 innings. Little worried about him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was surprised they but up 10 last night against the Rays. Also glad to see that CC only gave up 2 runs in7 innings. Little worried about him.

The Yanks are 10-6 for like what? The 4th season in a row?

Certainly a much better team than last year's. How much better? We will see.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

But CC in Tropicana, he's been terrible there. Was really happy to see him pitch so well there, especially off of what we've seen from him thus far.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

It all depends. It definitely looks hopeful at the moment. It depends on a few things though:

Can CC get it together?
Will the young arms (Tanaka and Pineda) keep pitching like aces?
Will Solarte keep playing like the Rookie of the Year?
Will some of the power hitters (Tex, McCann) get healthy and/or step it up?

But if CC can step it up and the young arms continue to dominate, this could be one of the best pitching staffs in baseball. I also like their bullpen. Big fan of Bentances. Been waiting for him to turn into a stud for a long time. Hopefully Banuellos can come up to the majors next year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Agreed. And yet Girardi had my vote for coach of the year last year... Let's hope that is spilling over to this year.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
As bad as they were today (16-1 loss), I still love Bentances. He was the only bright spot today. 2 innings pitched, no hits, still has a 0.0 ERA on the season. Best bullpen player so far but I'd love to see him crack the starting rotation. Never thought Nova was good. He should have never been invested in.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nova needs to go. Has been garbage from the start.

Nova on the DL with Ligament Tear in his Elbow. Looks like he's on the shelf for the season or longer perhaps, don't know.

Yankees will have to call somebody up or make a trade.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
And yet Girardi had my vote for coach of the year last year...

This. Is. Absolutely. Hilarious!

This may be the funniest post of the year so far.

Delusional? Much?

BTW, when did he give up his manager position to become a coach?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like Nova is out for the rest of year (not confirmed but very possible).

I'm sorry to see the guy get injured but he's been pretty awful so far this season and his overall inconsistency as often caused me to want to call him Phil Hughes Jr.