Yankees Rotation is set...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL, everyone in the world knows that the Yankees buy their championships. Who's had the highest salary by team for the last 15-25 years? Yankess are surely in the top 1-3 every year.

Salary vs player development are not always the same thing. Redvolution is right. The Core of the champoinship teams for the Yankees did get paid a lot of money but they were all developed by the Yankees.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Salary vs player development are not always the same thing. Redvolution is right. The Core of the champoinship teams for the Yankees did get paid a lot of money but they were all developed by the Yankees.

That's bs and even if it were true, which it isn't, the Yankees are the only team that can pay to keep them so my point is correct.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's bs and even if it were true, which it isn't, the Yankees are the only team that can pay to keep them so my point is correct.

It's not BS. It's true but look, I know you hate the Yankees so even if it is true, you will chose to believe it is not. That's par for the course. No big deal.

Besides, what's wrong with being able to pay your own players?

BTW, the Yankees are not the only team who can afford to do this. The Dodgers, the Red Sox and a few others do just fine where this is concerned.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's not BS. It's true but look, I know you hate the Yankees so even if it is true, you will chose to believe it is not. That's par for the course. No big deal.

Besides, what's wrong with being able to pay your own players?

BTW, the Yankees are not the only team who can afford to do this. The Dodgers, the Red Sox and a few others do just fine where this is concerned.

I don't hate the Yankees at all. I just hate that the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox can pay their way to championships. It's not fair to the other teams. It diminishes the importance of championships as everyone knows it's because they spent the most. I love it when those teams that do spend the most fall flat on their face. It's happened a few times. But still, those teams have a distinct advantage.

2014 MLB Team Salaries

1. LA Dodgers$235,295,219
2. NY Yankees$203,812,506
3. Philadelphia Phillies$180,052,723
4. Boston Red Sox$162,817,411
5. Detroit Tigers$162,228,527
6. LA Angels$155,692,000
7. San Francisco Giants$154,185,878
8. Texas Rangers$136,036,172

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't hate the Yankees at all. I just hate that the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox can pay their way to championships. It's not fair to the other teams. It diminishes the importance of championships as everyone knows it's because they spent the most. I love it when those teams that do spend the most fall flat on their face. It's happened a few times. But still, those teams have a distinct advantage.

2014 MLB Team Salaries

1. LA Dodgers$235,295,219
2. NY Yankees$203,812,506
3. Philadelphia Phillies$180,052,723
4. Boston Red Sox$162,817,411
5. Detroit Tigers$162,228,527
6. LA Angels$155,692,000
7. San Francisco Giants$154,185,878
8. Texas Rangers$136,036,172

OK, but the problem is, and this is an old argument, you can't say that these teams are bad because they spend on players. The truth is that you don't know how much money other owners are making. You don't know how much they are willing to spend. Because of this, you can't say that these teams are bad because they have an advantage. Until you know just exactly how much owners are pocketing, you can't really make that argument stick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OK, but the problem is, and this is an old argument, you can't say that these teams are bad because they spend on players. The truth is that you don't know how much money other owners are making. You don't know how much they are willing to spend. Because of this, you can't say that these teams are bad because they have an advantage. Until you know just exactly how much owners are pocketing, you can't really make that argument stick.

That's a very, very, very weak argument. It's an insult to the intelligence of anyone you say it to.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's a very, very, very weak argument. It's an insult to the intelligence of anyone you say it to.

Well, I'm saying it to you. I guess you can take it as you will. Like I said, I know you hate the Yankees so it's cool. I kind of expect you to not believe any of this.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well, I'm saying it to you. I guess you can take it as you will. Like I said, I know you hate the Yankees so it's cool. I kind of expect you to not believe any of this.

No one believes any of it.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the games this read but I check the box scores every day. Looks like the young guys (Tanaka and Pineda) might be the real deals. I remember being upset we traded Jesus Montero for Pineda two years ago after hearing for 5 years that Montero was gonna be the next Cabrera when he got into the majors. Then to top it off, Pineda never pitches a single game and goes forgotten for the next two years. Then all of a sudden, he comes back to start this season and is looking pretty good. I'm a little disappointed with Nova though. Would be nice to gave a good core of young pitchers. I don't think Nova is a top 5 pitcher on most teams.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the games this read but I check the box scores every day. Looks like the young guys (Tanaka and Pineda) might be the real deals. I remember being upset we traded Jesus Montero for Pineda two years ago after hearing for 5 years that Montero was gonna be the next Cabrera when he got into the majors. Then to top it off, Pineda never pitches a single game and goes forgotten for the next two years. Then all of a sudden, he comes back to start this season and is looking pretty good. I'm a little disappointed with Nova though. Would be nice to gave a good core of young pitchers. I don't think Nova is a top 5 pitcher on most teams.

Nova certainly didnt look like a top 5 against the Orioles.

Tanaka looked good at times, but he got a lot of K's on guys swinging at balls that didnt look anywhere close to a strike from the moment it left his hand. Apparently its deceptive, but we'll have to wait and see how he looks as guys see him more than once.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Yankees called up Shane Greene from TripleA and they traded Nunez to the Twins for Left Handed Reliever Miguel Sulbaran. Greene is a starter but he might be used in the Pen. Nova has not looked special but it's still early and really, I don't know who the Yankees might go out and get. I think they have to wait and see how he comes around. He had a heck of a Spring Training.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Yankees called up Shane Greene from TripleA and they traded Nunez to the Twins for Left Handed Reliever Miguel Sulbaran. Greene is a starter but he might be used in the Pen. Nova has not looked special but it's still early and really, I don't know who the Yankees might go out and get. I think they have to wait and see how he comes around. He had a heck of a Spring Training.

He's not a pitcher but what's the deal with this Belarte kid? Or is it Solarte? The young third baseman. He's hitting like .450. Never heard of this guy before. Would be great if he could keep it up. The infield is pretty much a joke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He's not a pitcher but what's the deal with this Belarte kid? Or is it Solarte? The young third baseman. He's hitting like .450. Never heard of this guy before. Would be great if he could keep it up. The infield is pretty much a joke.

Yeah,Yangervis Solarte. Yankees signed him in the off season. He's hitting a ton right now but it's early. Nobody has really seen him so the test will be when some of these pitchers have a chance to break him down. I hope it continues but it's always tougher after they had a chance to find the holes in your swing, so to speak.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't hate the Yankees at all. I just hate that the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox can pay their way to championships. It's not fair to the other teams.

It's amazing how so many people lead with "the Yankees buy their championships" when in fact, when they spend a ton of money it nets them no championships.

Do some unbiased research. It's clear as day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's amazing how so many people lead with "the Yankees buy their championships" when in fact, when they spend a ton of money it nets them no championships.

LOL!!!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Tanaka had a day! 8 innings pitched, 2 hits, 1 walk, 10 strikeouts, 0 runs. ERA is a 2.05 so far. Really liking him and Pineda. The future is looking much brighter than it was last year when their only decent young arm was Nova.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

And this is why the failures are so significant, much more significant than any titles they win. Every year the favorite based on $$$$ spent, yet the # of failures is far greater than the championships. Why do they spend a ton of money? Trying to buy a championship and yet they fail routinely.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
And this is why the failures are so significant, much more significant than any titles they win. Every year the favorite based on $$$$ spent, yet the # of failures is far greater than the championships. Why do they spend a ton of money? Trying to buy a championship and yet they fail routinely.

Exaggerate much? They have 27 championships and missed the playoffs once in like 20 years. Anyway, the game is changing and there are a lot of big money spenders along with the Yankees. The Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels, Texans, Tigers, Phillies and a few other teams have been spending top dollar too. It works a lot but not always. Raising a good farm team and young prospects is still very important. I was listening to Cowherd the other day and he was saying the perfect recipe seems to be a mix of spending big money and raising good prospects. The Yankees have been awful at raising prospects, while the Red Sox have been excellent.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Exaggerate much?

Nope!

Its funny how Skankee fans love to tout the #27 as if their is some real significance to that number all in a vain attempt to sweep under the carpet how often they have failed when they have the highest payroll and trot out the best team that $$$$$ can buy. The failures are the real story. The failures are whats really significant.

When you spend the most in an attempt to buy the championship and still fail the majority of the time, that is colossal failure of the utmost. That my friend is the real story! The FAILURES! When you SHOULD win, and you dont, you dont even accomplish what you should. And then you all sit around bangin some hollow drum about the most championships in a futile attempt to mask the pain of the failures over and over and over.

If my 7 yr old kid gets off the toilet and walks around the house bragging how he was able to wipe himself - its empty bragging. He ought to be able to wipe himself. Its expected that he wipe himself. He SHOULD wipe himself. The fact that he wiped himself is no big deal. Its no real accomplishment. Its not significant. Now, on the other hand, if he doesnt wipe well, if he gets skid marks in the tidy whiteys, or if he doesnt wipe at all - that is SIGNIFICANT. Its significant because he did NOT do what he SHOULD have done. Wiping himself is no significant accomplishment. Its expected. He SHOULD do it. Not wiping - not doing what he should is what would be significant.

Skankee fans puffing out their chest about the #27 is no different than my kid bragging about wiping himself.