Yankees

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Very talented team :lmao2:

Manager of the year :lmao:

It was the perfect tease job, it went all year long, even backing into ONE post season game :muttley:

Yea my team had a tough year with only 2 guys total having a good year, but anybody thinking the Skankees would do anything is laughable. :grin:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
136da98242647f85c2df821e4e2ee1a4.jpg

Shunpike

Reaction score
I am crying here. :( And I went to the game yesterday...

WPB, I hate you my good sir :(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would rather be playing the Yankees. KC will be a hell of a lot tougher than the Yankees were.

Been there done that... with the Yankees.

Oh, I'm not proclaiming victory over KC.

I would just rather play them vs. Toronto.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That was a fun game to watch last night. Yankee's and their 219 mill dollar team vs the Astros 81 mill dollar team. Sorry NY but money does not buy championships. lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

I don't really like or follow baseball but the Royals gets the locals off the Chiefs bandwagon for a couple of weeks so I'm cheering them on.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a fun game to watch last night. Yankee's and their 219 mill dollar team vs the Astros 81 mill dollar team. Sorry NY but money does not buy championships. lol

It's not the 200+ mil in payroll that has hurt the Yanks, but where they spent it.

The Sabathia extension was stupid.

On top of that the Yankees neglected their farm system for several years which eventually caught up to them.

The Astros are fun too watch. They had 7 playoff teams in the minors with 2 champions. Their minor league teams had the combined highest winning percentage in baseball.

To go from being a good team to a dominant one the Astros need to fix the production at 1B, 3B and DH. Gattis for all the accolades they gave him last night was a below performing DH this season. Carter at 1B was mess most of the season and the more/better production can probably be found at 3B.

I'd also like to see a high-heat thrower out of the pen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's not the 200+ mil in payroll that has hurt the Yanks, but where they spent it.

The Sabathia extension was stupid.

On top of that the Yankees neglected their farm system for several years which eventually caught up to them.

The Astros are fun too watch. They had 7 playoff teams in the minors with 2 champions. Their minor league teams had the combined highest winning percentage in baseball.

To go from being a good team to a dominant one the Astros need to fix the production at 1B, 3B and DH. Gattis for all the accolades they gave him last night was a below performing DH this season. Carter at 1B was mess most of the season and the more/better production can probably be found at 3B.

I'd also like to see a high-heat thrower out of the pen.

all that may be true but it will happen through the minor league teams. Astros just can't match the payroll of other teams so if they are going to improve at 1st, 3rd and DH it will be the farm team who provides it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Worked in 2009 lol

Didn't work from 2001 to 2008

Yes and no, it cost them a lot of players from their farm league. When the new owner took over the GM vowed to rebuild this franchise from the farm league up and now it is paying off I think it would be a mistake to go back to the days of buying a player for a season at the expense of losing young talent

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Actually, it does Dooms. Yankees have 27 of them so while they didn't win this year, the idea that money doesn't buy championships is clearly incorrect.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually, it does Dooms. Yankees have 27 of them so while they didn't win this year, the idea that money doesn't buy championships is clearly incorrect.

If it was correct money would always win out yet Marlins have won a WS with a low pay roll as have some others. They can't stay on top because once these player are FA some of these teams just can't pay out the cash that others can

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yes and no, it cost them a lot of players from their farm league. When the new owner took over the GM vowed to rebuild this franchise from the farm league up and now it is paying off I think it would be a mistake to go back to the days of buying a player for a season at the expense of losing young talent

Yes it did. Paid off.

I am so glad we didn't give up these young guys.

They wanted bird, Severino, judge and another young'un.

I'm good.