Yawn...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nothing on television but re-runs tonight.

The only thing I saw on TV tonight was a BCS rerun of OU losing again.

I think the show is actually called Sponge Bob Bowl Flop.

Even though i've already seen it 4 times I decided to watch it again for the 5th time.

--------

On the reals... OU fans should just be happy their team showed up and has half way decent for a change.

They still found a way to choke but they played a close solid game none the less.

I am so glad OU offensive line is finally going to take a hit in the draft.

That offensive line may be one of the top 3 ever in College football at protecting the Quarterback. They did an unbelievable job all year.

Chris Brown should be proud too.

Other than that it was just more of the same ole same ole.

I never at one point had any worrys about OU winning this game until the game was actually played. They did a good job of making plays against Florida and really stepped it up on Defense.

I think tonight was one of the top 2 defensive perfomances Vennables has had since he took over as Coordinator.

Urban Meyers Spread Option offense in the end proved to be to tricky though for the Sooners.

---------------

Anyone else find it funny Florida beat OU by exactly 10 points like Texas did?

Maybe if OU can play Ole Miss @ Norman next week and beat them 65-13 the pollsters will vote OU back ahead of Florida. :)

----------

340x.jpg

Bill_Stewart_named_West_Virginia_coach.jpg

610x.jpg

Pete-Carroll-8.24.jpg

saban1.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Dallas;2564194 said:
Total Class.

What I expected. ;)

Chuckle... you've been talkin' trash all season, son... so now, it might be time to suck it up, and accept the consequences of your homerism...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
silverbear;2564248 said:
Chuckle... you've been talkin' trash all season, son... so now, it might be time to suck it up, and accept the consequences of your homerism...

Ive not talked trash at all son. Ive defended Oklahoma when I felt the need to defend it. Go re-read my posts. Not once was I ever saying Oklahoma was better than Fl or TX or USC. Show me. Where was I putting Oklahoma over any of those programs?

I did say Oklahoma had a right to be there. Is that trash talking? Nope. The thing is you don't like how I post. You don't like it that I wont sit idly by and let you dump all over Oklahoma.

Bob Stoop has been in 4 NC games in the past 9 years. Yes the Oklahoma record in these BCS bowls and champinship sucks. But maybe we get one soon. I hope we do.

BTW: You will not see me throw Oklahoma under the bus just so you can some comfort from my discomfort. ;)

Go fill some ice buckets. :p:

Route 66

Reaction score
Dallas;2564275 said:
Ive not talked trash at all son. Ive defended Oklahoma when I felt the need to defend it. Go re-read my posts. Not once was I ever saying Oklahoma was better than Fl or TX or USC. Show me. Where was I putting Oklahoma over any of those programs?

I did say Oklahoma had a right to be there. Is that trash talking? Nope. The thing is you don't like how I post. You don't like it that I wont sit idly by and let you dump all over Oklahoma.

Bob Stoop has been in 4 NC games in the past 9 years. Yes the Oklahoma record in these BCS bowls and champinship sucks. But maybe we get one soon. I hope we do.

BTW: You will not see me throw Oklahoma under the bus just so you can some comfort from my discomfort. ;)

Go fill some ice buckets. :p:

It's a losing situation with most here. I have made the exact same argument. You were defending your team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The problem is that there really was no defense for what happened this year in the Big South. Texas, IMO, was the better team. They played both sides of the ball. OU scored a lot of points but at the end of the day, they did not have a very good defense IMO. Defending your team is one thing but denying the truth about your team is another.

That's the problem IMO.

Route 66

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564703 said:
The problem is that there really was no defense for what happened this year in the Big South. Texas, IMO, was the better team. They played both sides of the ball. OU scored a lot of points but at the end of the day, they did not have a very good defense IMO. Defending your team is one thing but denying the truth about your team is another.

That's the problem IMO.

You also cannot say how Texas would have done based on watching that game anymore than OU could have said they would have done better against OSU then Texas did. Texas came out flat against OSU and if it wasn't for that last minute score, the Horns would have lost.

Florida would have diffferent matchups and schemes for a different team like Texas so a direct comparison can never be achieved. I know that I and I'm sure Dallas is the same way that you won't get any OU fan to just fall down at your feet and tell you what you want to hear. You act like OU sucks. OU got down the field and had those two redzone issues and it would have been a different ballgame. Its not like OU struggled to get anywhere. Your Texas team struggled to get 3 pts on the board in the entire first half but Im sure youll come back with "its due to their superior defense".

No one here has any right to say what would happen with any team regardless of conditions-its all speculation.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2564703 said:

That's the problem IMO.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I honestly think Oklahoma is the better team at full strength. Go look who we lost in the 2nd half and how after our defensive captain went out of the game, your running game magically started working.

Reynolds was a huge loss for OU in that game.

Opinion is opinion and there is nothing wrong w/ you thinking one thing and me thinking the opposite.

Thats not a problem. For a grown man to say otherwise (like yourself) calls into question that fans own homerism.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Another thing that I would like everyone to know.

Catch has a team he pulls for. The reason you dont hear him talking about them is because it is the University of Miami.

How those winning seasons working out now Catch?

You are a troll who wants to dump on everyones team. You make yourself look like such a tool in your hate threads now.

Its more to take digs at the Sooner fans on here than the actual team itself.

But thats ok. Just watching the threads you spew out here says it all for me. :) as I think it says a lot to the other posters.

Route 66

Reaction score
Dallas;2564839 said:

Catch has a team he pulls for. The reason you dont hear him talking about them is because it is the University of Miami.

You are a troll who wants to dump on everyones team. You make yourself look like such a tool in your hate threads now.

But thats ok. Just watching the threads you spew out here says it all for me. :) as I think it says a lot to the other posters.

:laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;2564839 said:

I dont really have a favorite College team.

I was a Husker fan all my life until the day they hired Callahan.

Now I don't really care.

I like Miami, I like Nebraska, I like Texas, I like USC, and who ever OU's next opponent is.

I watch College football mainly to look for Pro Talent and to root against the Sooners.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2564812 said:
You also cannot say how Texas would have done based on watching that game anymore than OU could have said they would have done better against OSU then Texas did. Texas came out flat against OSU and if it wasn't for that last minute score, the Horns would have lost.

Florida would have diffferent matchups and schemes for a different team like Texas so a direct comparison can never be achieved. I know that I and I'm sure Dallas is the same way that you won't get any OU fan to just fall down at your feet and tell you what you want to hear. You act like OU sucks. OU got down the field and had those two redzone issues and it would have been a different ballgame. Its not like OU struggled to get anywhere. Your Texas team struggled to get 3 pts on the board in the entire first half but Im sure youll come back with "its due to their superior defense".

No one here has any right to say what would happen with any team regardless of conditions-its all speculation.

And you act as if OU is better then Texas, which is the problem here. You were never better then Texas and you were never a better match up. You say we came out flat against OSU and were lucky to win. Well, we've been lucky ever since Colt came to Texas. After a bit, you gotta stop and think about it a bit. If it continues to happen, and it has continued to happen, then it's no longer luck. You say we were flat but the truth is that Ohio State is a very good defense. In fact, a higher ranked defense then was Florida during the regular season. You can say that we were flat but I will tell you that we came out and put up 21 points on a top 10 defense in a single half. Call it flat if you like. I'd take flat over what I saw from OU last night in both halfs.

OU should never have been there but they were so it was up to OU to prove they belonged there. They didn't get it done and that's the truth of the matter.

We won our bowl game and we beat OU by 10, same as Florida did. We do have the right to say we could have played a better game and won. It is OU who has no right to say squat. You lost to us and you lost in a game you should never have gotten the chance to play in.

Like it or not, that's how I see it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;2564824 said:
You have your opinion and I have mine. I honestly think Oklahoma is the better team at full strength. Go look who we lost in the 2nd half and how after our defensive captain went out of the game, your running game magically started working.

Reynolds was a huge loss for OU in that game.

Opinion is opinion and there is nothing wrong w/ you thinking one thing and me thinking the opposite.

Thats not a problem. For a grown man to say otherwise (like yourself) calls into question that fans own homerism.

You called me a homer. I'm slain.

:laugh2:

Go back and watch the game again. The truth is that it was not what we did on offense that beat you. It's what we did on defense. Texas outscored OU in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. You only managed 7 points in the 3rd and 4th. You got beat because your offense got shut down in the second half. Call it Reynolds if you like but the truth is that you lost.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BP my bad dude I can't catch a break with these Vids.

I was to busy laughing to even notice. Wont happen again.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
CATCH17;2564845 said:
I dont really have a favorite College team.

I was a Husker fan all my life until the day they hired Callahan.

Now I don't really care.

I like Miami, I like Nebraska, I like Texas, I like USC, and who ever OU's next opponent is.

I watch College football mainly to look for Pro Talent and to root against the Sooners.

Oh,,,,, we see what type of fan you are.......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;2564879 said:
Oh,,,,, we see what type of fan you are.......

Honestly I just gave up on College football along time ago.

They dont name a legit champion which really bothers me about the sport.

The bigtime head to head match ups are great to watch. But there is to many games that teams go into where the other opponent has 0 to none chance of winning.

I watch a TON of College football. I just find it hard to pledge my allegiance to any team.

NFL is where its at.