YB: Jason Garrett throws Dak Prescott under bus after loss

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dak has been the QB for one season and is only two games into his second season. He didn't play well against Denver. But, Garrett has been the head coach for this team since 2010 or so and still hasn't gotten them to the Superbowl or even the NFC championship game. He failed with Romo and now Dak, so if he is looking for the number one person to blame he should look in the mirror.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lo

Love the Doors btw...GOAT. U got me with Hambrick, tell me I'm having a nightmare pls!

Let's all just hope that we can put up 30+ points next week and put this one bad game in the history trash bin, if not then we may have all made some bad assumptions which would be devastating to this franchise/fan base. Dak needs a stellar game next week, Garrett is somewhat right here. Yesterday Denver was loading the box, u have to get them out of that by beating them tru the air which we did not do at all. I agree that Switzer needs to be on the field, he and Beasley are a tough cover and should consistently move the chains. None of our other receivers are capable of getting lost in the secondary, but Beese and Switz should be.

This all pretty much falls on Dak at this point, he needs to be able to prove that he can take advantage of loaded up boxes, if not then I fear that we are all so screwed this year.

Mickey said Hambrick was running in practice and looked good. He isn't too far off coming back. Don't know why you'd be down on him (if that's what your saying). He played well last year. Had over 100 tackles last year at MLB.

And btw....always keep the Doors of Perception open. Peace....

oldschoolfan

Reaction score
Broncos scheme took the Boys from their comfort zone. No running game - short time of possession. Unfortunately the D could stop them and got gassed. Look out for similar schemes in coming weeks.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bottom line is these coaches knew what they were going to face up there and we were woefully prepared to face it.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Contrast Garrett to Bill Belichick, who after getting beat by KC on opening night said in his postgame press conference that he was out coached and the blame falls on him. I'm not sure I've ever heard Garrett say that, which reflects poorly on his leadership abilities.

rags747

Reaction score
Mickey said Hambrick was running in practice and looked good. He isn't too far off coming back. Don't know why you'd be down on him (if that's what your saying). He played well last year. Had over 100 tackles last year at MLB.

And btw....always keep the Doors of Perception open. Peace....
Either you or me are having flashbacks, u must mean Hitchens?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Contrast Garrett to Bill Belichick, who after getting beat by KC on opening night said in his postgame press conference that he was out coached and the blame falls on him. I'm not sure I've ever heard Garrett say that, which reflects poorly on his leadership abilities.

I cannot recall one time he has ever took a loss and put it on himself and the job both he and his staff did. You see other coaches like Belichick and Reid do it often.

He likes to make little vague statements about a lack of execution but never once states that he himself has to do a better job of getting the team prepared.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
"When they play that style of defense, you have to be able to consistently attack with the passing game," head coach Jason Garrett said. "At different times today I thought we were able to do that and at other times we weren't. We didn't make the plays, for whatever reason."
He doesn't want to say it, but the problem wasn't the style of defense, it was the quality of the defense.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Garrett is not a head coach except in name only. He's a football politician, so of course he will deny, shift the blame, speak vaguely, talk platitudes, etc., rather than take blame himself from those criticizing him. He's running a scam here for how much money he can pilfer as a head coach without actually being one or winning anything.

dfense

Reaction score
Garrett's not wrong. Dak throws a lot of predetermined passes. Right into guys who are completely covered.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
After the Cowboys first loss of the season, head coach Jason Garrett placed the blame squarely the passing game.

There were more than a few things that could be pointed to as reasons why the Cowboys were not victorious. Garrett took aim at Prescott.

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 2h2 hours ago

Jason Garrett put the blame squarely on Dak Prescott's inability to make plays in the passing game

It has been noted on several occasions Prescott is cautious with the ball, often preferring to take the safe option over making a risky throw down the field. However, the approach helped Prescott to a stellar rookie season and Pro Bowl nod last year. And, Dallas was 13-3 during the regular season in games he started.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-garrett-throws-dak-prescott-under-bus-after-loss/ar-AAs6yHm?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Did Garrett put any blame on himself and the coaching staff for being a bunch of clowns that can't prepare a team, or have no plan B when things go wrong. I am not worried about Dak. I am more worried about this coaching staff.

kevm3

Reaction score
The whole team got whipped. When trevor siemian can put up 30+ points on you and get 20 first downs, you are in for a long night.

Section446

Reaction score
Through two games, he's one of the lesser QB's in the league. Hopefully he gets his **** together.

bigbob

Reaction score
Of course he did, Garrett is gutless and never takes responsibility. A stand-up coach takes the blame to get the heat off his players, Jason is the opposite to save his own hyde. Dak wasn't at his best but do not blame your QB!
It's always the players never the coaches he blamed the secondary we had and now we've got a new secondary and I think it's worse than it was

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rough game all around.
Dak will rebound.

He was throwing from a clean pocket for much of the game, btw. It started to break down late when they were pinning their ears back. But looking at the game replay, its not like there wasn't a pocket Most of the time.
Those Denver DBs are special.